Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region pt. 2

Poster: A snowHead
@turms2, as mentioned parking in Lauterbrunnen is a nightmare over the festive period and the main car park only allows a minimum of 5 days parking in the winter.

I would suggest parking at Stechleberg and take the cable car to Murren and then continue to Birg at 2677m. The snow conditions up there are very good (depth at 2332m:64cm / Murren: 9cm)
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thats an Option but i will be with the Kids and Birg has not a lot to offer as regards as blue slopes
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
turms2 wrote:
Thats an Option but i will be with the Kids and Birg has not a lot to offer as regards as blue slopes

ok, then get off at Murren and walk one minute to the Schiltgrat chairlift?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think it is not open until now...
Stechleberg Parking need a Reservation?
Lauterbrunnen is total full for the Day i want.

I think i will take a decision maybe a couple Day before
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
turms2 wrote:
I think it is not open until now...
Stechleberg Parking need a Reservation?
Lauterbrunnen is total full for the Day i want.

I think i will take a decision maybe a couple Day before

It should be by the 30th but due to the recent weather, double checking prior to coming it a very good option. The Allmendhubel is open with a good choice of blues too but having the Schilthgrat open gives you more options.

No reservation needed at Stechleberg, it is very large! (between 4-8hrs : 7CHF)
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I think that looks good for one Day.
If i take the cable cat to murren how much do i have to walk...either to almendhubel or schiltgrat

Ok to schiltgratt is 210m
To almendhubel only due the slopes etc
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
8 minutes to the Allmendhubel funnicular
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
More rain in Wengen last night, and it’s still quite mild. It was snow from about 1750 metres however. This is just below Wengernalp.

Up at Scheidegg, the new 'Hutte' is doing good business. It’s a bit like the tipi used to be - you can take a group of kids inside and it doesn’t matter if they make a mess.

Further down the mountain the snow is getting a bit marginal. This is the meadow at Allmend, just above Wengen.

You can still ski all the way back to Wengen, but we could really do with the temperature falling by 10 degrees so that the cannons can be used again. Needless to say the village is really busy.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We were listening to last nights rain and so hoping for the freezing point to come into play. Our first 2 days (sun/Mon) were ‘interesting’. Sunday morning at Kleine Scheidegg was less enjoyable than Monday morning at Mannlichen. Sunday was bulletproof.
Today was more enjoyable but the fresh covering seemed to bring everyone out to play and on the limited pistes it felt really busy at times.
Still, there are a great many worse places to experience challenging conditions in.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Good news. All the snow cannons are working over at Winteregg. It’s much colder.

Sorry for blurry phone pic Embarassed
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yes, looking via the Allmendhubel webcam you can see all the lights at Winteregg
https://schilthorn.roundshot.com/allmendhubel/#/
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mild weather continues, but the good news is that it’s a bit less busy than it has been. Honegg still has a lot of traffic though - it’s the only way to get from Männlichen to Scheidegg at the moment.

Lauberhorn less busy, and good snow.

Valley run back to Wengen still open, but may be best avoided if you had new skis for Christmas.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yesterday I and a couple of other DHO members went over to Mürren. I noticed that at the entrance to the Allmendhubelbahn there's now a stone with a plaque to commemorate the centenary this year of the first ever slalom race held there in 1922 organised by Sir Arnold Lunn. Dave Ryding, Britain's first World Cup slalom winner who won in Kitzbühel this year helped to unveil it. Very Happy

latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We had a little snow overnight - maybe 10cm up high. Pistes were good, but busier than yesterday.

It’s still quite mild, currently +6C in the village.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Alastair Pink wrote:
Yesterday I and a couple of other DHO members went over to Mürren. I noticed that at the entrance to the Allmendhubelbahn there's now a stone with a plaque to commemorate the centenary this year of the first ever slalom race held there in 1922 organised by Sir Arnold Lunn. Dave Ryding, Britain's first World Cup slalom winner who won in Kitzbühel this year helped to unveil it. Very Happy

You can listen to Sir Arnold Lunn talking to the BBC:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/w3cswmw9

He was a climber, and he only started using skis because an injury made walking down the mountain too painful.
snow report
I’ve booked a trip in March and bringing the non-skiing family out for a few weeks. Does anyone know if there is a weekly train ticket or similar for non-skiers from lauterbrunnen to wengen?
ski holidays
Walkerr wrote:
I’ve booked a trip in March and bringing the non-skiing family out for a few weeks. Does anyone know if there is a weekly train ticket or similar for non-skiers from lauterbrunnen to wengen?

We get lots of non-skiers in Wengen. Most seem to buy a sledging pass. This covers all the trains and cable cars, but not the ski lifts. Some include a trip to the Jungfraujoch. There are a few different ones to choose from.

https://www.jungfrau.ch/en-gb/sledging/
snow conditions
Another sunny and very mild day.

Lots of visitors left yesterday, and more are leaving today. Happy New Year from the Jungfrau Region Very Happy
snow conditions
I took my girls down from top of honegg to bottom of arven yesterday afternoon. The youngest handled it better than expected but the elder one kicked off about it half way down. Had to stop and give her a snack to get her down because legs were shaking. Wasn't easy for them at all. Lots falling and little ones being carried Laughing
latest report
Glosterwolf wrote:
I took my girls down from top of honegg to bottom of arven yesterday afternoon. The youngest handled it better than expected but the elder one kicked off about it half way down. Had to stop and give her a snack to get her down because legs were shaking. Wasn't easy for them at all. Lots falling and little ones being carried Laughing

In fairness to them, south-facing Honegg on a sunny, mild afternoon can be pretty tough!
ski holidays
@Glosterwolf, good to meet you yesterday evening. snowHead Yes, Honegg at the moment is 'challenging', glad to hear that your eldest made it down eventually. Hope you have better conditions when you return at half term. Happy New Year, and a safe journey back home.
ski holidays
Alastair Pink wrote:
@Glosterwolf, good to meet you yesterday evening. snowHead Yes, Honegg at the moment is 'challenging', glad to hear that your eldest made it down eventually. Hope you have better conditions when you return at half term. Happy New Year, and a safe journey back home.

Yes, thank you for inviting me to see the club house, by easter I think the younger one will be ready for it. I told her to wait for me and her elder sister at the flatter section before arven where honegg it meets tshuggen. When we eventually arrived she was in tears, when asked what was wrong she shouted at her sister that she should just ski it! Laughing happy new year snowHead
latest report
This morning I was walking through Mürren village. I'm not skiing today as I have sent my luggage and skis off from Wengen station to Zurich airport where I'll be flying from tomorrow (incidentally the first time I've used this service, they charge CHF24 per bag). I noticed some posters about the Schilthornhütte, apparently they offer the possibility to stay there overnight which I hadn't realised they do, that lets you be the first on the pistes and get some fresh tracks lol. Also as from Summer 2023 you can stay there in a yurt!

snow report
A photo of the poster describing the Summer yurt....

snow report
Officially the valley run back to Wengen is closed now, but there are always a few die-hards willing to give it a go.

And this really is as far as you can go, unless you like mud,

The kids in this TikTok don't seem to mind though.

https://www.tiktok.com/@amin1a7/video/7183779950959365381?_r=1&_t=8YjCjsrNo8r&is_from_webapp=v1&item_id=7183779950959365381
snow conditions
Tourists returned en masse to the Jungfrau in 2022
latest report
Wengen is a construction site.

They must sell an awful lot of beer to make all this worthwhile. It’s still mild, but confidence that the races will go ahead must be high.
latest report
I remember years ago snow being helicoptered in for the Lauberhorn which was subsequently cancelled.......
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
New attraction in Mürren, a virtual reality snowball fight. I'd seen adverts for this, and had mixed feelings, but did it this afternoon and it’s brilliant.

https://grindelwald.swiss/en/summer/see-and-do/activities/adventure-fun/virtual-muerren-fun/
snow conditions
@telford_mike, I saw the promotional sign about it outside the Mürren sports centre. Glad to hear you enjoyed it!
ski holidays
It poured with rain last night, but by morning it had turned to snow. The snow line was about 1200 metres. Up at Scheidegg there was about 15cm of new snow this morning.

The ski area is very quiet now. This is Wixi at about midday.

Typically for race week, the weather looks very changeable for the next few days. Fingers crossed for no disruption.
ski holidays
Didn't see you up there@telford_mike, my first day back.
Grindelwald friends saying it was far and away best conditions you have had in many weeks.
Bumped into Chemmy a few times!
snow conditions
@Rogerdodger, Val was working today and she got the pics Very Happy Should be fantastic tomorrow if there's any viz.
snow report
Quite simply@telford_mike, yes it was! Don't know where the volume came from but we were skiing 35cm of lovely fresh stuff.
I really feel for folk who had bad weeks or have cancelled, suddenly the conditions are "tip-top".
latest report
A good snowfall last night, with about 15cm down here in the village, and, as Roger said, 30cm+ up the hill. It’s cold too, and the cannons are running again.

The run back to Wengen will remain closed to allow the training runs for the downhill. Ski area is pretty quiet.
snow report
Lots of spectators for the Lauberhorn Super-G today.

Great snow conditions and good visibility.
snow report
Bib draw and huge party in the village last night.

ski holidays
....and that ladies and gentlemen is called a Nor-wengen clean sweep of the medals!!
snow report
Swiss consultation Lara Gut won in St Anton.
snow conditions
It’s been pretty gloomy so far this week. Here’s Männlichen this morning.

Skiing was good down to around 1800 metres. It got a bit scratchy below that. Very few people around.

It’s cold, and it started snowing at about lunchtime. We need it.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy