Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The view from............ Val d'Isere and the Espace Killy

Poster: A snowHead
Response from the ticket office

"We thank you for your message and your interest in our resort.

Online sales for season passes will open next week.
Online sales for all our other products will open at the beginning of November.

We stay at your disposal for any further information."
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Steve Angus, really sorry to hear your news. Hope the trip to the USA goes well - your sister will really enjoy seeing the photos and seeing the family's adventures. All the best to you and the family. Hopefully see you in January when we're back for our usual month.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
lynnecha wrote:
@Steve Angus, really sorry to hear your news. Hope the trip to the USA goes well - your sister will really enjoy seeing the photos and seeing the family's adventures. All the best to you and the family. Hopefully see you in January when we're back for our usual month.

Thanks so very much. We can’t wait thank you. 7 more sleeps to go. Very much looking forward to catching up in the New Year… hope you’re both continuing to keep well.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@eps, had an email from the sales office today. Lift passes are now available online.

https://www.valdisere.ski/en/
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Only Season Lift Passes are on sale currently.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Tickets are now on sale. At least 8-18 year olds and over all 75s get a discount!!! Ouch!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@eps, free for over 75 "Skipasses are free of charge for the under 8s and from the age of 75s, upon proof of id".
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've just tried buying my lift pass. I've tried Halifax Clarity, Chase and my Raiffeisen euro card - all refused. Mad
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
holidayloverxx wrote:
@eps, free for over 75 "Skipasses are free of charge for the under 8s and from the age of 75s, upon proof of id".

Fair point, although none of our party are under 8 or over 75 Smile
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I haven't tried buying my lift pass yet but I've heard through other reliable sources that there have been problems inputting your previous years' lift pass serial numbers into their system.

My old lift passes have 23 digits in the following format:-

xx-xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx-x

I've been told to simply leave out the 4 spaces between the numbers.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Managed to buy it tonight
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@holidayloverxx,

Do you know why they couldn't process your payment cards?

Did you have any other issues with the process?

When I tried logging into the Val D system a week ago it wouldn't accept my Old Password because the format of the password has changed and because I couldn't log into their system I couldn't change my password or access my account. I'll try again at some time in the future and hope they have sorted out their system.

Others I know have had a nightmare trying to buy car parking for lengthy stays in Val d.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@welshflyer, I think one card was my fault...wrong detail saved in Google (but it was approved by the bank with 2 factor authentication so I'm not convinced). They blocked my clarity card for suspected fraud as I had tried 5 tines, again each time it passed 2 factor authentication sp hey ho. This time I manually entered the CSV on my other card and it went through. The site is clunky but works
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hello looking for recommendations or someone (Steve ) to jump forward with ideas for prob 1 private lesson for my 17 year old when we come out 3-10 jan to visit my son who is again spending a season in Tignes. 3 essential welfare visits planned. Is almost worth me getting a season pass we’re it not for the fact I will be riding my eldest in a sit ski at Easter and that week is a half price lift pass.

Daughter has skied approx 6 weeks. Just want her to have pointers to work on for the week. She is prone to some anxiety (not about skiing) so am pleased she has agreed to have a lesson this time.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@dan100,

I think Steve is having a once in a lifetime holiday in Florida with his family but he should be back soon.

20 years ago I was an able-bodied buddy with the Back-up Trust and we took wheelchair users to Colorado and Avoriaz to teach them to ski. It's always great to see sit skiers out on the slopes. Do you have your own sit ski or do you hire one in Val d'isere and are you a qualified adaptive instructor?
ski holidays
The Val d'isere webcams are showing a reasonable covering of snow even in the village.

Let's hope that the temperatures remain below zero degrees.
ski holidays
welshflyer wrote:
@dan100,

I think Steve is having a once in a lifetime holiday in Florida with his family but he should be back soon.

20 years ago I was an able-bodied buddy with the Back-up Trust and we took wheelchair users to Colorado and Avoriaz to teach them to ski. It's always great to see sit skiers out on the slopes. Do you have your own sit ski or do you hire one in Val d'isere and are you a qualified adaptive instructor?

Hi I am taking sitski out from a uk charity ski buddies. Not a qualified instructor but did the Tessier training so I could ski with my daughter. Started sit skiing with a Welsh kids ski charity ice cool kids. Sadly it was cheaper to hire a sitski in the uk than it was in Tignes.
latest report
welshflyer wrote:
@dan100,

Hi I am taking sitski out from a uk charity ski buddies. Not a qualified instructor but did the Tessier training so I could ski with my daughter. Started sit skiing with a Welsh kids ski charity ice cool kids. Sadly it was cheaper to hire a sitski in the uk than it was in Tignes.
latest report
dan100 - hi and sorry for not getting back to you sooner - yes have been away the last month or so. If you drop me a pm on here then I can try and assist with lesson enquiry as best I can.
snow conditions
A mixed month!

Well firstly lets start with the bad news.... my dear sister died on the 26th October.

As per my previous post a month back (see that for the background) my sister was settling back in at home with her other (retired) half brother and his wife helping out. She was getting adjusted with home help and was about to start the cancer treatment when I left for the USA. She made me promise we would continue with the holiday no matter what - more on that later (we did!). Anyway about the 20th October a few days into our trip her breathing once again became laboured... so Richard her 1/2 bro called the NHS. Basically the paramedic could not rule out cancer related complications or liquid in the lungs etc and said she needed to go in. However she knew her time was up sooner rather than later and with her bad experiences over the last 6 months of her life and the awful month in hospital in September she declined to go in. She / we knew that there was a good chance it could mean a matter of days or weeks possibly. Richard on Ali (that was her name) instructions was only to tell me what I absolutely needed to know whilst out in the USA so he felt he needed to call me. So anyway he did and on the 24/10 at about 0500 in the am (time of the day she was more ' with it' being 1000 hers) my time I spoke to her on the phone! In a quiet corner of our hotel in Florida in the darkness I had a very sad chat with her.... we were optimistic and yet tearful with the fate that was coming down the road... I just hoped she would still be around when I got back to Europe. We had a really good chat for 10 mins or so and she was quite with it. It was a sad and surreal chat. Again she was adamant we continued our trip and made me promise so I did! We still had not told the kids yet (didnt want to spoil the holiday (potentially unnecessarily if she went on until after the holiday!)) so carried the day on as normal. The Tuesday 25th (my birthday) we were at Epcot Centre (had an AMAZING steak for my lunch!) and then at 0500 USA time on the 26th I got a call from Richard to say she had been asleep that morning and just stopped breathing!

So it was difficult trying to carry on with the holiday, telling the kids and both turning my mind to 'what next' and 'what to do' on that front back home but also trying to carry on. Luckily Richard has been amazing since then.

So in the space of about 8 weeks I went from a 'generally' unwell (but not that bad really) sister with the (apparent) after effects of an ankle operation to a sister who died of cancer. Wow what a sad rollercoaster of a month!

The funeral (I have literally just finalised within the last hour) is 30th November. Should mean I am back in time for the PsB starting on the 2/12. Has taken an age to finalise the funeral details as needed the coroner report for the death which has slowed things down!

I will probably be in the UK from about the 20/11 right up until the day before the PsB - this means there will be nothing really on here in terms of a daily update until the first week of the season or thereabouts. Similar with social media postings I should think! Just letting everyone know! Will have to hit the season with feet running.

And finally in other sad news there was a couple of sad suicides amongst persons I know (not directly and personally connected to (unlike my dear colleague Joe Harkess last year) although spoken to them both) in the last month. The dad of one of Olivias school friends (they had 3 daughters) but also the co-owner of Val Heliski (again 3 kids!). Both tragic. Sounds like he (Val HeliSki) may or may not have been mentally unstable as (again this is only what I have heard) he opened the car door and jumped out of the car as it moving across the Tignes dam and then jumped off the wall to his death below!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A place like Tignes and Val is that they become ghost towns in what we call the inter-season.... absolutely nothing is happening bar the school (and I mean nothing e.g. the swimming pools are emptied etc!) so they are pretty lonely places especially at this time of the year when the nights draw in and the cold arrives!

Talking of cold etc.... yes its true the temperatures have plummeted and it has been snowing on and off for the last week... its looking great for the start of the Winter.

This photo posted on Radio Val. Lots of people have been skinning up to take advantage of the snow in the last few days before more snow forecast in the next few days!

Can't be sure but I think this is the Fontaine Froid!

........and now the good stuff....

despite the above the holiday was amazing. 4 nights 'doing' New York and her sights, an internal flight to Orlando, Florida and 4 days doing the Universal (as in the movie people) theme parks and water parks. Then 11 nights doing the Disney theme parks.... oh and one day trip to Kennedy NASA Space Centre too!

I think ill let the photos (we took (or had professionals take) over 2000 photos!!!!!) do the talking.

So until next month and the dailies start.... TTFN

Avatar area of the park (Animal Kingdom) professional edited photo outside!

3D glasses for this ride

Didnt buy this t-shirt!

Meeting a Velociraptor!

Choosing a Harry Potter magical wand (it did real magic!)

Its a long way down!

9/11 memorial

Kids never seen such big buildings!
latest report
Sorry for your loss Steve.
ski holidays
Condolences to you and your family, Steve.
ski holidays
Thats tough Steve, real tough. Hugs
snow report
I also lost my sister to cancer at too young an age, it left a huge hole which I am still conscious of. So I really feel for your recent loss, and the emotional lows that must have contrasted with the excitement of an amazing family holiday.

Look after yourself Steve, and keep living life and giving your children experiences that will shape theirs.
snow conditions
@Steve Angus, so sorry. Many condolences.
latest report
@Steve Angus, sorry to hear your sad news. Hope it's not too tough a time for you and the family.

I met the wife of the Val Heliski owner and a couple of the kids outside G's Pot over Christmas. Lovely lady and very friendly kids. She offered me some work experience with them when at the time I was considering spending all of April in Tignes. Sad news also.
snow report
Thanks everyone - appreciate!
latest report
Really sorry to hear of your loss Steve. Condolences to you and all the family. X
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
So sorry for your loss Steve and thank you for sharing with us all at such a difficult time
ski holidays
So sorry to hear of your loss Steve, must have been a traumatic month.
ski holidays
I would just like to add my condolences to those above.
snow conditions
https://www.facebook.com/watch/live?ref=watch_permalink&v=241659895589215
ski holidays
@Steve Angus, so sorry to read your news today Steve, my condolences, todays an anniversary of loosing my brother 28 years ago, I hope you and your family are OK.
snow conditions
Some very sad news there Steve. Sending you and your family lots of love. X
latest report
Deepest condolences to you and your family
snow report
@Steve Angus, Just catching up with snowHead after a weekend away. My condolences to you and your family.
snow report
Condolences to you and your family. Thanks for sharing.
latest report
Hi all,

Will lifts still be working for skiing when the world cup downhill is on weekend 9/10th December?
snow report
@the_dazzler,
Yes
snow report
Hi all! Newbie here and getting ready for ski season in Val D with my husband!

Would you recommend buying the season pass online or better to just wait until we arrive on 2 Dec? We were thinking to buy in resort rather than risk any postal delays Smile

Any thoughts gratefully received!

Thanks!
Saba
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy