Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Go on Dave!

Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

beautiful, thank you. Amazing that such speed can still be so elegant and... quiet. Fabulous.

+1 snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd love to see his reaction when he won - effing eurosport
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You can see it here
http://youtube.com/v/USxqB1Erj2w
He couldn;t watch, to be fair Kristofferson was absolutely stoked for him - just brilliant to see, i think everyone recognises the effort and skill. He's had all the tools, it was a matter of time and by god does he deserve this. Unbelievable.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just watched it again.... like dancing! Not sure the music is optimal though!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Poetry in motion - in poor light as well.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Poetry in motion. Stunning skiing.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
So good to see. Have to confess to a few tears.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Brilliant, Magic .. a real Brit skiing star.

Never seemed to be coming but richly deserved and a genuine person too.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just watched it on ORF catch up. Just amazing Very Happy Very Happy

Clearly there were an awful lot of skiers who were immensely happy for him.

So very well deserved and, apparently, he’s the oldest World Cup winner of a men’s slalom event!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
SteilhangThe Swiss commentators have also been big fans of his for years; they reckon he has some of the best technique of any of the (slalom) tour

Cacciatore wrote:
So very well deserved and, apparently, he’s the oldest World Cup winner of a men’s slalom event!

....and the oldest ever first-time World Cup winner. So pleased we saw it live - we didn't dare say anything to tempt providence, even though he looked like he handled that second run head-and-shoulders better than anyone else
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@holidayloverxx, get Eurosport 2 on now, it’s the highlights.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yay. This made me very happy. Marvellous stuff.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Cacciatore wrote:

That was one of the things I noticed too, many congratulations in the press too with one Austrian even asking if the Austrian squad could train with the Brits snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Dav wrote:
@holidayloverxx, get Eurosport 2 on now, it’s the highlights.

Yes..watching it
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
So happy watching that. Good lad, delighted for him.
latest report
Fairly sure as soon as he got on the podium (being followed by the camera) he gave it a “fookin’ ‘ell” Laughing
snow report
Chris_n wrote:
Cacciatore wrote:

That was one of the things I noticed too, many congratulations in the press too with one Austrian even asking if the Austrian squad could train with the Brits snowHead

Laughing snowHead
snow conditions
A very deserving win. I have always loved the way he skis.

Delighted for him.

Annoyed I couldn't watch the the UK's first ever win Live and had to catch it on the highlights.
ski holidays
Dav wrote:
Fairly sure as soon as he got on the podium (being followed by the camera) he gave it a “fookin’ ‘ell” Laughing

I can lip read a bit...yep Laughing
latest report
Great result, well done Dave
ski holidays
I think Clement Noel needs to have a slightly calmer warm-up routine Laughing

Quite amazing watching the top 3 on the 2nd run all make huge errors - the pressure got to them
latest report
Absolutely fantastic result!

Can't believe Eurosport decided to broadcast bloody snooker!!
ski holidays
russ_e wrote:

Can't believe Eurosport decided to broadcast bloody snooker!!

At least it was live. At the time, I don't think the Australian Tennis was.
snow conditions
Ce n'est pas possible! C'est un Anglais!
ski holidays
Great news for DR, a real professional in his application and dedication to his sport.
Maybe he’s just coming into his prime Eh oh! Eh oh! ?
latest report
Dare we dream about a crystal globe, very tight in the slalom championship with loads of one race winners
latest report
had a couple of quid on him at 25/1 for podium, bet he was close to 100/1 for win
snow report
Did Eurosport UK really not have it live? I watched it on the app and Eurosport 2 Poland on satellite. App is a must for ski racing and can be had for £20 for year during the various promotions they have during the year
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Brilliant!!!!!!

Well done Dave!!!!@

No doubt the entitled brigade will complaim we've ruined Ski Sunday for them....
snow report
Amazing!!!
latest report
cameronphillips2000 wrote:
Brilliant!!!!!!

Well done Dave!!!!@

No doubt the entitled brigade will complaim we've ruined Ski Sunday for them....

Undoubtedly, I got flamed last year just for saying he did well in one race.
ski holidays
Fabulous, and thanks to Snowheads, got to Eurosport in time to catch the highlights.
latest report
This is the best I can find at the moment https://www.tagesschau.de/sport/sportschau/sportschau-story-51349.html
ski holidays
AllyK wrote:
This is the best I can find at the moment https://www.tagesschau.de/sport/sportschau/sportschau-story-51349.html

What a terrible article - makes it sound like it was a complete fluke and surprise, when in fact he's been knocking on that door for a few years. And as if the only way he won was because better skiers DNFd. Think of the races in which Dave was on course for a really good finish (e.g. Levi leading after 1st run) but DNFd. Stop the presses: you have to finish the race to win it!
ski holidays
@jd_evans, don't worry mate, us dirty dirty snowboarders have been ruining Ski Sunday all season so far according to some.
latest report
@eng_ch, I don’t really read it like that - it’s definitely written from a German perspective which is to be expected. A bit grudging? Just a touch perhaps but more to excuse their home athletes I suspect Toofy Grin

For myself as soon as I was alerted by the FIS thread that something was afoot and found the Run 2 FIS result, I was jumping for joy and grinning like an idiot for ages snowHead
snow report
Image the scenes in the Londoner Pub in Kitz on Saturday night if normal Apres was on!! I hope SS show the scenes of Jai Geyer, his tech man, crying in the snow - truly magical release & show of emotion…We’re so proud of Dave…Still buzzing Sunday morning!
snow report
eng_ch wrote:
AllyK wrote:

What a terrible article - makes it sound like it was a complete fluke and surprise, when in fact he's been knocking on that door for a few years. And as if the only way he won was because better skiers DNFd. Think of the races in which Dave was on course for a really good finish (e.g. Levi leading after 1st run) but DNFd. Stop the presses: you have to finish the race to win it!

Oh really, that's not great! I had no idea what they were saying, it was the only video I could find that showed him actually finding out he'd won. Most of the others showed his run and then him on the podium.
snow report
oldsnowy wrote:
Great news for DR, a real professional in his application and dedication to his sport.
Maybe he’s just coming into his prime Eh oh! Eh oh! ?

It does make you wonder. I've met loads of very talented racers in Europe who quit when they were <23-25 years old (often even younger). I also once spoke to a grizzled UK ski coach who said that Ryding was far from the most talented UK teenager of his generation.

Keep buggering on seems to work!
snow report
AllyK wrote:
eng_ch wrote:
AllyK wrote:

Oh really, that's not great! I had no idea what they were saying, it was the only video I could find that showed him actually finding out he'd won. Most of the others showed his run and then him on the podium.

The complete second run is here:

http://youtube.com/v/USxqB1Erj2w
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy