Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2021/2022 (Dec 3 - April 24)

Poster: A snowHead
@ulmerhutte, staying in Lech for a week to search for endless traversing at Sonnenkopf?
Interesting advice…
My advice: that time is better spent at a nice Oberlech terrace.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Right, booked for St Anton next year! Langer Zug and Madloch, here we come! Quick question please: if we miss the connection back from Lech, how long does the bus take and does it go all the way to Nasserein? Thanks!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Tiefschneetaucher, the buses between Lech & St Anton take around 30 minutes (quicker than even a downhill racer can manage as there is at least 20 minutes on lifts). The bus finishes at the train station (used to be the bus station which was more useful for skiers). There are plenty of buses going to Nasserein until 17:30 - 18:00.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Tiefschneetaucher, booking in St.Anton for Madloch and Langerzug….. Puzzled
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks! I seem to remember that Zürs to Alpe Rauz used to take half an hour in the days before the connection was built?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Well there’s nothing available in Lech at the moment! That is where we’d rather be but all reserved for Stammgäste I presume and we lost our Stammgast status.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not been to St. A. Since the new Schindler lift was installed. Question: are the Schindler couloirs still accessible from the top or has access been restricted?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Steilhang wrote:
Not been to St. A. Since the new Schindler lift was installed. Question: are the Schindler couloirs still accessible from the top or has access been restricted?

Still accessible and currently skied into “piste”. Not quite, but you get the picture.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Steilhang, there is a "gate" (in reality a gap in the fence) next to the lift control room which allows access. I know the new lift is quicker and more pleasant when the wind is blowing but I miss the old lift, coming over the ridge to find yourself suddenly looking down, what felt like, hundreds of metres, was always an interesting experience. There is not the same connection to the mountain environment being whisked to the summit in a plastic bubble.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@munich_irish, agree, same at Zug and Albona, I’d rather be outside whatever the weather
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Schindlergratbahn has been tech this a.m.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@davidthornton, what does that mean?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Broke down. I was in the line, had go to Arlenmahder. Rumour was it was a 2 hr job to fix.
That was about 10.30a.m.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I understood that masks were still required on ski lifts - something about them being classified as public transport - but almost nobody was wearing one.

No more check in at restaurants.

The return to some sort of normalcy is so welcome.

Bluebird day. Cold. Very quiet after last week’s crowds.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@ulmerhutte, the new regulations as follows from the Arlberger Bergbahnen, from today

Quote:
In connection with the use of cable cars, the general obligation to wear a mask in enclosed spaces no longer applies. However, it is expressly recommended to continue wearing an FFP2 mask without an exhalation valve in enclosed means of transport (cable cars, etc.) and enclosed spaces (station buildings, ticket offices, toilets, etc.).

In public transport (e.g. local and ski buses, etc.) there is still an obligation to wear an FFP2 mask (without exhalation valve).

https://www.skiarlberg.at/en/Ski-Arlberg/Save-on-the-Arlberg

It seems that it is only places where folk "have" to go like a supermarket or bus to work where masks are compulsory. Skiing is not a mandated experience Very Happy
snow report
Restaurants today operating without Covid pass checks and masks. Some people are still wearing them though. No lift obligations on masks.
Not a mask in sight tonight at the Mooserwirt, and it was a tad busy!
ski holidays
I'm in the mooserwirt right now and last night saw Gunar in the Murrmel. It exactly as it was pre covid when I was here at the end of Feb 2020. No .masks anywhere and the popular bars are packed. Fantastic weather, cold and sunny.
ski holidays
Another perfect blue sky sunscreen day..coming up..

WI'll continue tI'll week end when we may get Rain ...

Make the most as it maye your last season.. Shocked ...
ski holidays
No rain, sun is gonna stay at least another week.
And: Langerzug skiroute is open !!! Very Happy
snow conditions
Not much precipitation of any sort on the horizon (possibly a small amount next Monday), though no crazy temperatures either so should not get too tropical.

@Langerzug, I guess this was down to staff shortages being unable to run the drag lift.
snow report
Interesting surface on Langerzug. Firm, fast surface, with some piles of sugar, on the first third. Mounds of quite deep sugar on the middle third. Last third, to the pitch-up, just a regular fast surface.

Hazy morning but bluebird now. Fairly quiet, though more people out than yesterday. Big queue at Tritt at 2pm, but was about the only real queue I encountered today.

Bachseite bumps are currently fun. Mostly not too big and nice & chalky.
ski holidays
Oh, where is Bachseite? Have not come across those before.
latest report
Ah, I’ve just googled it - left under the Zammermoos lift?
snow conditions
@Tiefschneetaucher, roughly speaking between Kandahar and Steissbachtal. It is the wall on the skier’s right as you come down Steissbachtal. Usually great for powder, but after almost 3 weeks without new snow…
ski holidays
@Tiefschneetaucher, not sure if this requires a login or not, but worth a look: https://wepowder.com/en/route/55161

It shows Bachseite and a few other runs in the area.
snow report
Perfect thanks! I’ve skied moguls to the right of Kandahar but will remember to try this next year.
snow report
from memory, Bachseite is best started from Tanzboden-basestation…
snow report
Snow usually holds well on Bachseite, but as @ulmerhutte says, three weeks is a long time!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bachseite this week is thin snow. Powder is long gone but whats left is in decent condition, not much ice.

Another fantastic day on piste though, a bit warmer but not slushy. Loads of sun. Murrmel was packed for Gunar and still busy now. Max has a good business going here.
snow conditions
Murmel = Men Only

It's Sad. Depressing Place ...
snow conditions
Not so sure about that stanton, we were there last Friday evening and the males were pleasantly outnumbered by attractive females…I wasn’t complaining! Little Angel
ski holidays
stanton wrote:

Sad. Depressing

Indeed
snow conditions
stanton wrote:
Murmel = Men Only

It's Sad. Depressing Place ...

St Anton has a lot of groups of blokes, always has and probably always will.

The mix of male/female in the Murrmel doesnt seem much different than the KK, Moose, underground etc.

Anyway I'm married, I go to St Anton to ski not to find women so it really doesnt matter to me.
ski holidays
@JohnS4, +1!
snow report
Hi guys, does anyone know if the Ire v Eng 6 nations game would be on anywhere in St Anton, 1815hrs on Saturday, ta.
latest report
BAJJ wrote:
Hi guys, does anyone know if the Ire v Eng 6 nations game would be on anywhere in St Anton, 1815hrs on Saturday, ta.

Saw a 6 Nations game in Bobo's a few years ago.
snow conditions
BAJJ wrote:

Bar Cuba, Scotties?
ski holidays
Bernardo wrote:
BAJJ wrote:

Saw a 6 Nations game in Bobo's a few years ago.

Apologies, I see David's reply. It was Bar Cuba, down the steps etc ....

Sorry form the wrong info earlier
snow report
Thanks guys:D
ski holidays
There is the sports bar in the Arlen Lodge in Nasserine, watched football there not sure about rugby. There is also a sports bar as part of Skiing Budha in the sports centre next to the station, they show live sport no idea if rugby. I thought Bar Cuba was pretty crap, watched one game there and didnt want to repeat the experience but they do seem to show rugby as they often have a board outside advertising it.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy