Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cairngorm Funicular to be Repaired

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
haggishunter wrote:
Ricklovesthepowder wrote:

Open up the mountain so people can enjoy the summit for starters. What the hell is the point is going to the top of a mountain, only to be refused access to the outside and to stare at it from a cafe. It’s a complete farce and a business model that hasn’t been repeated on any mountain top visitor attraction anywhere else in the world. Granted it’s a delicate area with certain plants, but create pathways, teach people about the rare fauna up there and the tourists will return once again.

In the grand financial scheme of things the closed system is basically noise. Removing it would only make a very marginal improvement, the system is only closed outwith the ski season.

There is no bigger critic of Cairngorm funicular than me. However the VMP (limiting passenger numbers allowed to exit the top station) remains a good thing.

The Cairngorm plateau is sub-arctic tundra unique to UK. The soft ground simply not capable of dealing with significant footfall. A network of paths with simply encourage walkers and bikers to venture further and in higher volume. Beyond erosion concern the environment would inevitably be trashed with crisp packets and red bull cans.

All this was known and debated when train was constructed.. Ultimately it is wrong lift in wrong place. No amount of funding will change that....
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes the wrong lift and then some. Had they accepted that it would not be possible to reach the Ptarmigan bowl in all weather conditions and either refurbished the existing chairlift or replaced it with a detachable quad then they wouldn’t have needed the visitor management plan because the chairlift was replacing like with like and would prove self limiting in the summer. Hindsight I suppose Sad
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
All is not lost however... Toofy Grin
https://www.facebook.com/cairngormmountainscotlandltd/photos/a.141840099242850/5485982888161851/
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well @geoffers, I suppose we all have different priorities.
One or two asked the obvious question......how do we get there?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy