Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

EasyJet flights winter 20/21

Poster: A snowHead
Moved our flights to feb half term next year saving £1800 if I was to book them now
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I switched mine to Saturday to Saturday flights (which we had last year) but just found possible accommodation which is a Sunday changeover. I presume I am unlikely to be able to convince them to let me change again (without paying fair difference?)

I was forgetting to at Christmas is on a Saturday making the season more likely to prefer Sunday change over dates.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just had a confirmation email that our February HT flights from MAN to GVA have been cancelled - refund request in train. I'd have loved to have moved these to another day or opt for a refund to support easyJet ... which by all accounts have been very good during the pandemic ... but we have another 2 sets of flights over the next 12 months with them.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sorry to bring more bad news but now our Easter Flights for April have been changed with no email notice. The outgoing flight remains the same day (change in time by a few hours) but is no longer showing on the EJ website - I suspect this will be cancelled. The return has been moved to the Monday (was Sat) with no option to rebook for the Sat/Sun.
I suppose we will hang tight and wait to see. Not sure whether to book the extra day of leave that we may now need if the flights go ahead at all. Sigh.....
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Rookiescot, I think with Boris Johnson saying yesterday Good Friday is aim for even starting to lift restrictions that Easter may sadly be a write off
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Just had an email that our easter return flight from Geneva to Gatwick has been cancelled, and they've moved us to a different flight which lands in Luton (car will be at Gatwick!) and lands at past 10pm (with small children).

I think the chances of us going are small, but this really doesn't help. Not sure what to do now..
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nothing official yet, but our flight on the 4th is no longer showing (could be sold out.....doubt it though). The return flight is still there.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Rookiescot, well it’s useful to share news, even if it’s not positive, so nothing for you to apologise about.

Was it Edinburgh - Geneva you are booked? Then onwards into France? If so I think chances of travel restrictions being lifted are very slim.

Probably academic, but they expect you to find 2 nights extra accommodation and living costs to suit their new return flight? I admire your stoic attitude.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yes Edi- Gen then rental car to France. As you say, seems highly unlikely we will be allowed in to the EU by then, but I continue to hope!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
PeakyB wrote:
@jebroni3_16,
Quote:

So, I think I'm just going to hold my nerve and wait for a few months before I use Manage Flight to rearrange my cheap flight and 99p luggage.

My understanding was that cancelled flights need to be reassigned before the date the original flight was scheduled to depart. Early February in your case? I could be wrong, as information in emails and on EZY website seemed vague to me, unless I've just overlooked something.

Might be worth checking with a message or phone call to them?

No way of getting a Live Chat on this, so called a second time, and as anticipated, got a completely different answer: this time, that I need to rearrange cancelled flights before the originally scheduled outward flight.

Whist I prefer the original response (that I can leave it indefinitely to re-book) I'm more inclined to "trust" this one. Mainly because I want to carry over my snowboard luggage which cost 99p rather than having a voucher to that value.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@jebroni3_16, yes, that sounds best thing to do and is what I’m doing too.

I’m usually supportive of EZY and sympathise with them for the hammering they’re getting from this pandemic.

However, their communication with customers seems very inconsistent. For a well established company I’d expect better.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
PeakyB wrote:
@jebroni3_16, yes, that sounds best thing to do and is what I’m doing too.

I’m usually supportive of EZY and sympathise with them for the hammering they’re getting from this pandemic.

However, their communication with customers seems very inconsistent. For a well established company I’d expect better.

Yes I agree - i'm generally a big fan of EZY, but they've changed our return flight so much that we're going to struggle to make them work without incurring quite a bit of additional cost. Bit frustrating when we booked them last over 7 months ago to ensure that we didn't miss 2 years in a row.

Now I realise that there's a strong chance that any trip at Easter may not happen - but if by some miracle it does, I feel like they've messed us right up.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Rookiescot wrote:
Sorry to bring more bad news but now our Easter Flights for April have been changed with no email notice. The outgoing flight remains the same day (change in time by a few hours) but is no longer showing on the EJ website - I suspect this will be cancelled. The return has been moved to the Monday (was Sat) with no option to rebook for the Sat/Sun.
I suppose we will hang tight and wait to see. Not sure whether to book the extra day of leave that we may now need if the flights go ahead at all. Sigh.....

Thanks for the heads up about this. They have changed our Easter flights three times with e-mails, but I just logged in again and they've changed again without an e-mail.

I've given up and re-booked for Feb half term 2022. Although I'm disappointed, I do understand, and I am super impressed that they let me do this without charge, as to book these flights now is way, way more money than we paid.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Rookiescot wrote:
You could try phoning up - ignore all the prerecorded messages and stay on the line. I tried around 10am on a Thursday morning and got through almost immediately.
Had sent an email via the EJ website contact form prior to this but no reply.
I don’t know why but I would still have had to pay the fare difference when I was trying to do this via the website but not over the phone.

I tried, several times, but each time was told I'd have to pay the fare difference. Given that the bags will cost me an extra £140 just by themselves then it looks like I'll just have to wait it out ...
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
eblunt - sorry you couldn't get sorted yet - high chance the flights in early March will be cancelled anyway so I think you're right to sit tight and wait it out.
snow report
Had my flight to Innsbruck changed today for 6th Mar, only the time so far they’ve not cancelled it
snow report
Just have Geneva to Bristol flight cancelled ( 21st mar) , and put on flight over 4 hours later, I think I am in business ...
ski holidays
Just had our mid week flight March 17th LTN-GVA 10.50 moved to Gatwick 8.10 on a Saturday. All things considered it’s not a runner. I was eligible for £1 baggage and free carry on as booked last April. If I move it to Jan 22 does anyone know if you keep the free carry on (as well as the £1.00 baggage which I think is transferred?
snow report
@pat51, I've just moved my flights from March ( this year ) to 2022. Having snaffled up the £1 bags offer these have now been carried over to the new flights, and I didn't have any price difference on the flights to pay either !

Thank you to all on here for the helpful advice. They wouldn't do this ( even when I phoned up ) until they cancelled one of the flights, and that seemed to have opened the doors on the website !

FYI, the time of the new flight they moved me to was 4 1/2 hours different so maybe 4 hours is the magic amount to qualify for a free change of flight.

I'm not sure about the carry on of the old larger bag ( though not unduly bothered as have a cabin bag anyway )
snow conditions
@pat51, I just moved some flights from March to next winter - I think I saw a warning about carryon changes, so I don't think it does carry over (I didn't pay much attention as had upfront seats booked which include larger carryon anyway). The £1 luggage definitely did transfer.

As the new dates for next year are a LOT more expensive than my original cheap March flights, I wouldn't have minded anyway re. carryon bags and just paid the extra few quid for the 'hands free' option. But that might not be so worth it to you...
latest report
Quote:

so maybe 4 hours is the magic amount to qualify for a free change of flight.

Correct - 4 hours is the cutoff (as I understand it). I've another flight that has been moved, but not by 4 hours, so I haven't changed it yet. It's early March, so will likely be cancelled, at which point I'll take advantage of being able to move it to whatever I want for free Wink
latest report
Thanks all.
latest report
fixx wrote:
@pat51, I just moved some flights from March to next winter - I think I saw a warning about carryon changes, so I don't think it does carry over (I didn't pay much attention as had upfront seats booked which include larger carryon anyway). The £1 luggage definitely did transfer.

As the new dates for next year are a LOT more expensive than my original cheap March flights, I wouldn't have minded anyway re. carryon bags and just paid the extra few quid for the 'hands free' option. But that might not be so worth it to you...

Taking a punt on those cheap flights and free luggage might well and up as a great investment for me too, as the new flights are about 3 times the price of the sub £30 I paid for the originals, so I might all end up saving about £600 overall. Obviously skiing is a minor consideration in these difficult and dangerous times, but it's nice to have something to tentatively look forward to.
snow conditions
I'm in same boat as eblunt. the £1 luggage gamble might pay off eventually

ive just switched my £55 (including 2x snowboards and 2x cases )flights from march 21 to feb 2022. luggage transferred no problem. a mate wants to book on but the new flights are £270 return!!
latest report
Easter is late next year, Sunday 17th April. I am not sure what to do with my flights. Think we may look to go somewhere like Rome for a week with the kids instead of using them for skiing and then book alternate flights.
snow report
My early March flights have now been cancelled - no surprise. I've not moved them yet, am debating what to do with them. They've got 99p ski bag and suitcase attached, so do want to use them in the future!
ski holidays
I moved my flights with 2x23kg bags and a set of skis for six quid three times ten last time i forgot and took the voucher! D’oh!!
snow conditions
A question - if I move my flights to say Rome in October and then decide that I don't want to travel, can I move them again or is it a one time only change with Easyjet?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@FrediKanoute, you can move them as many times as you want - but you might have to pay any differences in the fare for subsequent moves. (At the minute there is no change fee for flights moved more than 14 days in advance - and no fare difference to be paid if EJ have cancelled/moved the flight by a lot).
snow conditions
@FrediKanoute, if they have cancelled your original flights, I understand it to be a 1 time free move of flights/destination regardless of cost of new flights, after that if you move again you pay the difference but by October I hope we are good to travel.
snow conditions
@FrediKanoute, if your flights are cancelled you manage disruption and can move them without paying fair difference. After that they are flexible as they were ie you have to pay fair difference.

Annoyingly I moved mine to Saturday to Saturday for half term next year and finding suitable accommodation which is Sunday to Sunday for our group. It would cost be over 1k to change flights to Southampton to Geneva for Sunday flights now Sad
ski holidays
As my original flights were booked long before the hand luggage changes were even announced, I was sort of hoping I'd be able to still take the larger hand luggage as well FOC. However looking at their info it seems not. Not a biggie, can always pay an extra few quid, but did email them to query this, as I've got quite a lot of stuff to take.

Anyone else had any experience in this area ?
ski holidays
I think as you have booked before
10th Feb the new hand luggage rules won’t apply. See excerpt from email I got.
‘As you've booked a Standard seat or not selected a seat, your cabin bag allowance is one small cabin bag (max. 45 x 36 x 20 cm), which must fit under the seat in front of you.

However, because you originally booked to travel before these changes came into effect but your flight has changed, we'd like to offer you Hands Free, free of charge, for this flight.

IMPORTANT: To take advantage of this offer, simply show this email, in printed or digital format, to a member of our team at our dedicated easyJet Plus Bag drop before you go through security.’
latest report
This is what hands free is
‘If you do have a large cabin bag but don’t want to purchase one of these seats, we offer Hands Free as an alternative. This allows you to drop your large cabin bag at our dedicated easyJet Plus Bag drop in the check-in area, and it’ll be amongst the first to be delivered when you arrive at your destination. ‘
snow conditions
Now just to hope we can go at some point. Given up hope for April & just waiting for flight cancellation so I can move them FOC.
ski holidays
I had a glimmer of hope for Easter skiing, having missed Christmas and half term, but it is slowly disappaearing.

I still have flights booked from Birmingham - GVA on 5th April and waiting for them to be cancelled, so I can move them to Boxing Day 2021. Also don't want to lose my 99p luggage!

Got lucky with my half term flights and managed to swap them free of charge to Feb 2022, seems I may have saved quite a bit as the prices had really gone up.
snow report
Yes all glimmers disappearing fast. Our easter flights have already been chopped and changed which means we can move them for free already, but Easter 2022 flights aren't available yet so am just hanging on playing the waiting game.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 17-02-21 13:11; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Hopefully ours will be changed/cancelled soon then, I am checking every day. It is definitely sad to be wishing for a ski trip to be cancelled but even if lockdowns are somewhat eased by then, I think quarantine requirements and the risk of tighter restrictions coming into place overnight, would make for a stressful time. Luckily flights were the only thing we had booked.

We have accommodation already reserved for the Christmas holidays, rolled over from this year. So ideally I will just move these flights and the cheap luggage to then. Gives a little something to look forward to!
snow conditions
I received an email on Saturday from EasyJet apologising for the delay in my refund being processed, they advised it had been done and would be cleared into my account within 10 working days, it cleared my account yesterday, impressed with how they have handled the process. Looking to next winter now, deposit carried over from this year for apt, will book flights nearer to time once I know how realistic next season looks, also hoping that our July summer flights will be possible.
snow conditions
@Rookiescot, Thanks, for that, excellent info from this forum yet again Very Happy

Update, been a bit dim, it said it on the booking email I get hands free for free. Well done EJ.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy