Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region

Poster: A snowHead
Chris Brookes,
Quote:

Would you call your new born baby (if a boy) Eiger ??

Have I missed something? Last I heard he was still looking for a suitable woman Shocked
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
maggi, I think he's refering to my I feel old comment, one translation of Eiger is Old Man, the other is Ogre, if it's not that I've no idea Confused
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
D G Orf, honest,it isn't about you..Its about Emma and I. We are having a baby next year (our first)and i thought at the next scan i would suggest to Emma if we find out its a boy to name him 'Eiger'. I wanted to call our male Husky Eiger but Emma didn't like it plus he ended up to bit of a wimp so it was a good thing.

Its kind of a joke suggesting Eiger....but its kind of nice unless you translat it into english snowHead
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Chris Brookes, well I suppose it's no worse than Brooklyn and a lot better than Fifi, so long as you don't move to a German speaking country he should be ok wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
D G Orf, its just different and kind of nice but im sure Emma will say NO.....straight away Confused
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Another dinky drag lift to be installed on the nursey slopes for the little ones this coming season. Something we will be using when we take baby skiing .
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well i've just finished uploading even more pictures to 'My photo Gallery'. I have now added the folloiwng -

1 x video of my better half skiing down the top of the Schilthorn
1 x video of me sledging on my new Xmas toy going down the nursery slope in Murren(didn't think i would stop and end up in the Iglo Bar ).
1 x video of my dog Ysabella running on the beach(had to slip that one in)

15 x pictures of Lauterbrunnen,Murren in the summer and the rest of Murren in the Winter showing the Kanonenrohr piste and others.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just a little wet snow up on the Schilthorn this morning, but it won't last for long, currently +1 and raining by the looks of it
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
D G Orf, I visit the Region webcams each morning,I wish winter would arrive soon and i stopped wishing my life away.. Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
My mum and dad are in Wengen at the moment and they said the weather was awful this morning.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Elizabeth B, makes sense as it was snowing at the Schilthorn this morning,not very nice for them thou Confused
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just had a text through saying that the railway is completely flooded and a bus replacement is running (I'm presuming between Lauterbrunnen and Wilderswil?), but they're worried about the levels of water on the road at Zweilutchinen Confused
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
.....and now they're stranded in Interlaken. There's no way of getting to either Lauterbrunnen or Grindelwald....short of renting a helecopter Shocked
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Elizabeth B, yes that makes sense, the rivers all converge arround Zweilutchinen and if they've had heavy rain that's where I'd expect to see problems as the river is only just below the rail and road lines there
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Unless the rain stays heavy the rivers will go down after about 6 hours, there is a way to Grindelwald though, round to Meiringen then up the road to Rosenlaui and over the pass at Grosse Scheidegg and back down to Grindelwald
ski holidays
True....I've never done it in that direction, but it's a very spectacular journey. I think they're hoping for a more direct way back to Lauterbrunnen though!!
ski holidays
Don't they have this problem every year when its rains bigtime at Zweilutchinen ?
ski holidays
Chris Brookes, no it's quite rare, it only happens if you get flash flood conditions when the rivers are already fairly full. Don't forget that you have both Lutschine rivers plus various streams all feeding down to that point
latest report
I suprised the railway didn't create barriers etc for this knowing how good they are in forward thinking and construction
snow report
Chris Brookes, the rail line and road both go over reinforced concrete bridges, but the river bed is only so deep, and that point in the valley is very narrow, I guess the river broke its banks which would put the river level about 6ft above winter levels or more
ski holidays
The situation out there is quite bad. This gives an idea of what the country is facing. My mim and dad have managed to get a hotel by the West station in Interlaken. Around 1000 are being housed in emergency Civil Defence accomodation.

D G Orf, I suggested to them about going via the Gross Schiedegg bus, but that way is not possible either.
latest report
Swissinfo report.
NZZ report.

It looks like the country's having a rough time of it. Hope ise is managing to keep dry.
latest report
OMG, That does look bad
snow conditions
I sent an emiail out to friends in Wengen to ask them how things are there, when I get a reply as to what conditions are like I'll post it
latest report
The flooding has now spread to Interlaken. The helecopters have been grounded due to all the fields being flooded. My mum and dad have booked into the hotel in Interlaken for another night, but my dad's medication is in Lauterbrunnen, and the Swiss doctor can't give him any replacements as they don't do them in Switzerland. Sad
snow conditions
Elizabeth B, that's not good Sad Might be worth contacting his doctor in the UK and seeing if they can suggest a suitable alternative medicine that is available
ski holidays
Just to annoy people, last night at 18.15 the chap that runs www.wengen.com reported that the trains from Lauterbrunnen to Wilderswil were not running, but that the road whilst flooded was driveable
snow conditions
How long is this expected to last ?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
certainly a couple more days at least
snow report
I've now lost contact with the parents as their mobile phone needs recharging...and the charger is in Lauterbrunnen!!
snow conditions
Elizabeth B, did you find out the hotel they were staying in and give them a call Puzzled
snow conditions
Chris Brookes, no. They just said it was near the west station.

No doubt they'll call me at some point!!
ski holidays
Not many near the west Station,are you going to phone round to make sure he got his medication etc ??
snow report
Look at Interlaken Ost train station today : http://www.beo-news.ch/BNS2005/augu2005/howaix231.htm
ski holidays
Woh! That's a lot of water!
ski holidays
and this one : http://www.beo-news.ch/BNS2005/augu2005/howaoha231.htm
snow report
Wengen apparently has no power or phone, everyone is apparently ok though
ski holidays
This from my mum and dad late last night.

Quote:
Still in Interaken. MAY have bus tomorrow to Lauterbrunnen. Grindelwald lost all bridges so no hope this week for them. Rain stopped but Ost under many feet of water. No power so shops closed, but most also flooded out. Just fighting a battle to save West. Sandbags everywhere

Just heard from them again and they've made it back to Lauterbrunnen. Some of the road has just disappeared into the river. They have no power, but are hopeful that it may be back on by tonight.
ski holidays
What amazes me is the speed with which they will sort everything out, power road and rail links will I'm sure be rapidly repaired far faster than we manage in the uk
latest report
Oh and this from Wengen.com

11:30 CEST :
Wengen can be reached by helicopter.
or on foot.
Still no power
Some cell phones do work,
other may do soon
The road Wilderswil - Lauterbrunnen is open.
Trains do not operate.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy