Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region

Poster: A snowHead
Now snowing down to resort level (Wengen). Forecast to continue until Sunday Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Crumbs,your right.. wink

Murren Snow report -

Weather in Mürren, alti 1650 m
Temperature 1 °C
Depth of snow 25 cm
New snow 0 cm
Type of snow hard-wet
thick cloud with heavy falls of freezing rain

Last updated 08.04.2005 07:20 hrs.
Weather on Schilthorn, alti 2900 m
Temperature -6 °C
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Last burst of winter now Puzzled
Weather in Mürren, alti 1650 m
Temperature -5 °C
Depth of snow 50 cm
New snow 30 cm
Type of snow powder
partly sunny

Last updated 10.04.2005 07:13 hrs.
Weather on Schilthorn, alti 2900 m
Temperature -17 °C
Depth of snow 245 cm
New snow 30 cm
Type of snow powder
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Posting from Rocks bar in Wengen.. around 40cm fresh snow yesterday, more up top.

Everything simply wonderful snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
He He, who says Wengen has a poor snow record ? Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Was gutted to be leaving on Sat. There must have been a good few inches of snow on Spiez station. Lauterbrunnen was completely covered. The conditions at KS on Fri were a bit dodgy as there was just enough new snow to cover the bare patches, but not enough to ski over. Should be a good week for anyone there now.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
bye bye mr Snowman until the start of the next season in December Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Arrived home yesterday evening, what a brilliant week. Today is the last day of the season, and the snow is still falling. Anyhow, here are a few photos. Nothing remarkable about these, but you might notice the almost complete lack of other skiers!

http://dialspace.dial.pipex.com/prod/dialspace/town/pipexdsl/q/aqyd89/april2005/

Have a good summer!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
telford_mike, nice pictures,thanks for sharing.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
telford_mike - thanks for the pictures, brings back memories of 5 weeks ago, but what an amazing amount of snow for so late in the season when one would expect a lot of bare patches.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
hibernia, the week before there were lots of bare patches!!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Elizabeth B - it looks like you have been lucky. Our group was also lucky 5 weeks ago - snow for the first two days, then clear conditions to the end of the week and the following week it was bare and some who came back deemed the season " over " four weeks ago.

Certainly proves that late season is very unpredictable and the moral is not to book late season too far in advance ( esp. where it is not too high ).
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
hibernia, the great thing about booking Wengen late season is that there is no risk. If you don't ski, then you go walking!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
All official ski lifts close today in Murren...until the next season..
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
So,anyone heard/read any news/gossip about the region...any lifts been updated etc ??
ski holidays
The only gossip I can say is that the Hotel Alpenrose is having its dinning room re done, as of yesterday it wasn't finished and the hotel reopens on Friday Shocked I'll ask my friends if they know of anything being done on the slopes though.
snow conditions
So far as I can find out there will be no major infrastructure work this year though I could be wrong, however possible work to be done in the future includes replacing the Honegg T-Bar with a chair lift apparently due to new laws concerning pistes crossing over drag lifts, Also the replacing of the Salzegg T-Bar with a chairlift that would start at the Honegg/Arven bottom station, I'm told that permision was originally obtained many years ago to do just that but that as yet no start date has been set. I've also heard rumors that one of the drag lifts over on the First area may be replaced with a chairlift but no one else has confirmed that one
snow conditions
D G Orf, this law about pistes crossing over t-bars,do you know when it becomes law ? If that is the case they will have to chance two at Murren which is a good thing for sure !
ski holidays
Chris Brookes, not quite certain I did hear 2007 mentioned but I've also heard 2010, also there may be a get out clause if it's impossible to re route, I also heard that it may only be if there is more than 1 crossing, no one I've spoken to has actually seen the specific rules which is why the confusion is there Confused
snow report
Shame its not sooner as it would make certain areas of Murren much better/more accessible.
snow report
It would also help open up the run from the Mannlichen to Schidegg and back which would reduce a few of the lift lines at busy times
ski holidays
Would it definitely mean that they would replace them with chairs, or just end up rerouting the pistes?
snow report
To my knowledge so far only the Honegg is confirmed as being up for conversion to a chair, the others might be rerouted
latest report
Check out the updated website of the Jungfrau Railways. They are asking for comments on the website so i suggested a webcam at Lauterbrunnen station snowHead
latest report
http://www.jungfraubahn.ch/en/DesktopDefault.aspx

Sad helps if i put the link to it rolling eyes
latest report
Chris Brookes, don't look now but Fly Be are going to fly Southampton to Berne this coming season Shocked

I may actually get a second break in Wengen this year or even a third or fourth if the prices are good Shocked
snow conditions
D G Orf, crumbs !!

It doesn't suprise me thou as Inghams have chartered them to fly from Gatwick to Berne in the last few years.

Good flying times aswell as a good price.....hmmmmmmmmmmmm...very good even for me
snow report
Chris Brookes, now if there was just a better connection from Berne airport to Lauterbrunnen Sad
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
How to get to Lauterbrunnen/Wengen/Murren -

Taxi
minibus
Helicopter...if only i could afford it

Do you how to get to Lauterbrunnen then ? taxi ?
snow conditions
I was thinking hire car from the airport and leave it in Interlaken possibly, either take the luggage to Lauterbrunnen then drive back later to Interlaken or just take the extra train journey from Interlaken

Taxi fare arround 200 CHF to Lauterbrunnen a little under 1 hour

Helicopter up to 4 people 1200 CHF technically only to Lauterbrunnen but I expect you could be dropped off in Wengen or Murren

Hire car for under 1 day less than £75 or about 160 CHF

having worked out the costs a Taxi might be easier and less stressful

Public transport takes arround 2 hours cost about £55 return per person using a swiss transfer ticket
snow conditions
D G Orf, isn't there a big multi story car park in Lauterbrunnen anymore? The first time I went to Wengen I drove from Neuchatel to Lauterbrunnen, drove up and down the village a couple of times and finally went into a restaurant to ask where the road to Wengen is Embarassed Ended up dumping the car in Lauterbrunnen and getting the last train up the mountain! Maybe it just gets full up in winter?
(The same thing happened to me the first time I booked a hotel in Oberlech Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed I really must learn to find out more about the places I go BEFORE I go there!)
snow conditions
Mike Lawrie, yes there is.Every Year we use the car park instead of driving upto Stechelberg but its worth pre booking a space on the net beforehand if you every go back !
snow report
Yes there is a car park in Lauterbrunnen (right by the station) but I was thinking that since Interlaken has a branch of the same car hire company as can be found at Bern Airport, it would be a lot cheaper to just hire the car for the day and not have to worry about the car park charges
snow conditions
D G Orf, you might get hit with a 'one-way' rental charge for not returning it to the point of rental. Hertz and Avis have started doing this in UK and it can often be £30 or £40 which nearly doubles the one day cost.
snow conditions
I looked into doing a one way rental from Denmark to Switzerland. For one day's hire they wanted something like £900.
ski holidays
kuwait_ian, yes I did check and the website says it's ok, given that it's just down the main road it's not a big surprise though as there's only about 60km between the two, However I may just phone a friend and see how busy they are going to be on the day that I travel wink
snow report
Am I missing something? What's up with the train?
ski holidays
ise, the train costs upwards of £200 though I actually prefer to travel that way, Southampton Airport however is only a short distance from me and if my 3 friends come out with me this year that means we'd save about £75 each. Of course if they ever reroute the train back to Brussels or if they hike up the air fare I'll be back on it like a shot wink
ski holidays
I've got to be missing something .......... aren't you talking about getting from Bern just up the valley ?
latest report
ise, oops sorry, yes that is another option Embarassed Belp to Lauterbrunnen 36.60 CHF plus 5 CHF from the airport to the station, the only disadvantage is that it takes a bit over 2 hours, mind you for 4 of us going together there's not a lot in it between that and the taxi fare
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy