Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region

Poster: A snowHead
LemonJelly, lovely pictures specially the ones of Murren and the pistes..wish i was there now.The one with the guy clearing the snow from the ice rink is such a familiar picture as im so used to seeing that in the morning when i go skiing.

Click on the link below ' My Photo gallery' and you will see pic that ive taken around that lovely place...MURREN..

ps. you need to register to view pics
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
IncogSkiSno wrote:
LemonJelly, Your pictures are really very good, are you a keen photographer?

I do love photography but I am no expert by any means, I just point and click. It isn't difficult to take great pics with scenery like that Smile . Thank you all for the comments though.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
LemonJelly, No it's not hard to take good pictures with scenery like that but I think that you are being a little bit modest as you have composed( is that the correct term?) the pictures with alot of thought.

LemonJelly, I have to ask - your user name Puzzled sorry Embarassed

Chris Brookes, Chris, sorry I hadn't looked at yours, which I should have seeing as I'm thinking of going to the Jungfrau region. They are all spectacular and I am yearning to see it all for myself. snowHead
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
IncogSkiSno wrote:
LemonJelly, I have to ask - your user name Puzzled sorry Embarassed

IncogSkiSno, and what exactly are you trying to say??? Wink The name is taken from a music group called "Lemonjelly", I guess the genre of music would be chill-out music. I was listening to it one day when I was picking my xbox live gamertag and I guess it's stuck with me ever since.

You can call me Dave though if you want Very Happy .
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
LemonJelly, nothing me being curious ,LemonJelly, is Cool, actually thinking about it now I think I may have one of their tracks on a cd mix (which my kids have now pinched!) there are a few unusual names on this site and I'd like to know how/why these snowHead 's selected their user names too.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Chris Brookes wrote:
Click on the link below ' My Photo gallery' and you will see pic that ive taken around that lovely place...MURREN..

ps. you need to register to view pics

That is a great picture of Murren, really great. Did you stop on a ski run to take that, I can't figure out where you are stood?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well as I predicted the rail link to Lauterbrunnen will be open less than 2 weeks after the damage was done, it will in fact open again from Friday 2nd September, as will the line up to the Schynige Platte from Wilderswil, the repairs to the main road and the rail ling to Grindelwald from Zweilutschinen will take quite a while yet I think, it will from Friday be the only non opperating line in the area
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
LemonJelly, That was taken at the end of the red run from Gimmeln to the Schiltgrat chair where it rises up before dropping down to the lift
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
They've done such a nice job with their new web site that I thought I'd add a quick link to my favorite hotel in Wengen, the Hotel Alpenrose
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
D G Orf, Do you get commission? wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
D G Orf, very nice. Loks a lot smarter than I expected. Don't know why.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I thought that, I was expecting the interior to be more traditional . . . tempting, very tempting. snowHead
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
IncogSkiSno, no but I do know the family well and I get a very good deal on my room, how else could I afford to go there for so many weeks wink , the younger daughter is in several of the pictures and she let me know yesterday that they'd just redone the website.

As I've said before it's a very nice hotel to stay in, the lounge areas were redone last summer and they've just refurbished the dinning room this summer, prior to that they refurbished virtually all of the bedrooms at an average cost per room that would make your eyes water, all the bedrooms are pretty similar with handcarved wooden furmiture, telephone, tv (with remote), plus a minimum of chair or two and a table or desk for writing postcards etc, the larger rooms have slightly more furniture but all are spacious (except mine),almost all of the rooms have ensuite facilities though not all of them have a bath some just have a shower, the best views are those from the south, or if you are rich the south east corner, the access road in the picture only leads to the hotel so it's very quiet, in the winter they don't have the tables outside the front of the hotel but all of the balconies have chairs and a table on which is nice at the end of the ski day as you can watch the sun sink behind the ridge of mountains in front of you. The rooms at the back of the hotel are on average £8 pp/pn cheaper but don't have a good view or balcony to sit on.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
D G Orf, And a good sales pitch too, but no surprises there! I'd go for the balcony views and a bath . . . ahhh snowHead
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
D G Orf, an exellent website that really sells the hotel Alpenrose,the decor looks lovely inside and shows a warm feel to it.

The room pictures has a close up of Winteregg in Murren in the summer,lovely !
ski holidays
Chris Brookes, I knew you'd manage to get a plug for Murren in somehow Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
D G Orf, well...you know me wink snowHead snowHead

The hotel does look lovely thou. I always thought the Alpenrose was near the Mannlichen Bahn. How long does it take to walk to the hotel from the train station ?
ski holidays
D G Orf, Laughing
latest report
Chris Brookes, it's about an easy 5 minutes downhill from the train station or an extra couple of minutes to the Mannlichen cable car station, add perhaps 3 minutes for walking uphill as it's quite steep. Easy in walking shoes but not so comfortable in ski boots, fortunately for those of us who ski or walk back to the hotel in ski boots you can get a lift up the hill in the morning in the little 4x4 or the electric buggy
snow report
I was talking to a friend last night, he's just back from a paragliding trip to the area. He's impressed with the view of Murren from the air, as it perches on the edge of the cliff.
snow report
marc gledhill, like this

ski holidays
Damn...it's a photo. I was hoping it was a webcam wink
snow report
Elizabeth B, Afraid not, it looks like this at the moment in Wengen
snow report
Elizabeth B, if only snowHead
ski holidays
Chris Brookes, I'll send it to him and ask snowHead
snow report
This has been the second morning in a row that it has snowed at the Schilthorn....winter will be there soon !
ski holidays
Chris Brookes, don't even think it, temps are still forecast up to +15C at Kl Scheidegg during the next 5 days, any snow that falls at this time of year soon vanishes, realistically snow won't stay until the end of October
snow conditions
D G Orf,i know,by 11am its all melted but just to see fresh snow sticking at the Schilthorn reminds me of WINTER snowHead
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Chris Brookes, my pal tells me that Murren looked more like
latest report
marc gledhill, good picture, you can even see Wengen in the background and the peaks of the Mannlichen, Tschuggen and Lauberhorn
latest report
marc gledhill, wow,excellent view !!

I had planned to do the same jump from the Schilthorn when we were there in the summer 04 but the it was cancelled twice due to bad weather.
snow report
Yesterday there was a measely 3cm of snow at Eigergletscher, not cold enough yet, give it another month Cool
snow report
D G Orf, you could see it on the Mannlichen webcam yesterday.This morning its all gone Sad
snow conditions
Chris Brookes, like I said, give it another month, there's still a tiny amount of snow on the ground up at the Schilthorn, but I guess that will be gone soon
snow report
Hi everyone,

Back after a long absence - moving house; new jobs; Bt messed up Broadband connection hi ho , but can't wait for the winter. DG Orf thanks for the link to my faviurite hotel How long has the new websight been up and running - very impressive.

We hope to go twice to wengen this year, straight after half term at the end of Feb (our usual ime) and we are thinking 2nd week in Jan as well. Can anyone advise on usual snow early Jan

Cheers
latest report
Brian T, welcome back !!

Touch and go for snow levels at that time.Have you got access to SCGB snow history as at least you could see how it has been over the last 10 years.

Eitherway D G Orf leeps informing me they have snow cannons to the reosrt now so im sure it would be fine anytime.. I myself would try and go nearer the end of January but thats me
latest report
Brian T, good question. I along with the FIS will be praying for good snow as the Lauberhorn race is on during the weekend of the 15th of Jan,I'll be in the Alpenrose from the 9th to the 16th of Jan.

The Alpenrose web site was updated at lunchtime on the 4th of September, Fiona sent me an email to ask me what I thought of it.
snow conditions
D G Orf, of course it will be ok and even if its not i would rather be there than here snowHead
latest report
I often go 2nd week in Jan...and have yet to have a problem regarding snow. I've never not been able to ski to Wengen or Brandegg. Once or twice Grund has been an issue. It's usually better a bit later in the season, but is always skiable (although I didn't go in jan 2 years ago, but my friends who did said it rained all week Crying or Very sad )
snow report
Chris Brookes, D G Orf, On an average day (not too busy or very quiet) how long does it take to get from Murren to the Wengen pistes?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy