Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Mojo ?

Poster: A snowHead
Cato wrote:
Hi guys, thinking of testing out the ski mojo tomorrow in VT and the lady here said it was better to wear them over leggings to avoid chaffing. I don’t wear leggings (and don’t have any with me) as I tend to get hot, especially in spring. Do any of you wear them on bare legs under ski trousers?

I nearly always wear long johns of some description, usually just thin merino ones, but on occasion have used the Mojo without. I only have the calf velcro straps on, not the thigh ones, but never had an issue with chafing, but I don't tend to get so sweaty, so YMMV.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Cato,
I always wear a pair of wool shorts/leggings underneath the mojo to prevent chaffing at the top of the thigh/groin area, then wear salopettes over the top of the lot to prevent snow getting into the release mechanism if I fall.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I love my mojo. Mid 40s unfit woman with a full time office job.

I can ski all day. Rather than in 20minute spurts and done by lunch.

Highly recommend.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hardly any cartilage left under both kneecaps due to repeated bike accidents. I couldn't ski without my Mojo, too much pain. I'm not that good at walking down stairs now TBH and I'm not even 60 yet.

I wear them under my sallies without any leggings/long johns, no chaffing.

The MK1 I had kept breaking bits but I did buy it from Ebay, Mr Mojo kept replacing the broken bits though but I purchased a brand new one as I think I was using up all his spares quite quickly! It's been great so far.

I have epoxied the studs onto my boots.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi @Cato, I had a problem with very soar chaffing years ago, but I was using them completely wrong. I was using the belt bit ... like a belt, before I realise it should be used as a seat.
No more chaffing.
You can of course wear them on the outside of your ski pants.
I got myself a snow leapard set of velcro bits, that I'll fit up some day when I have the time.
I've had mine at least 8 years and not had any breakdowns... yet.

I'm not sure how knackered my cartlidge is. But I'm having problems which I think is meniscus.
The mo-jo's allow me to ski all day ... plus a bit more confidence.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@DrLawn, meniscus IS a cartilage
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@holidayloverxx, @DrLawn

Well, whether it's the meniscal cartilage or simply the cartilage ends of both the femur and the tibia, they can both cause issues with pain & dysfunction. Meniscal symptoms tend to include locking and giving way as well, though not always.

I've seen arthroscope reports where the menisci are fine, but the cartilage on the bone ends are definitely defective, like swiss cheese, which leads to pain and loose bodies (bits) floating around.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Fri 5-04-24 7:12; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@TJToms, I stand educated
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@TJToms, I think I've got some loose bits floating around too. Shocked
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Full disclaimer: I work with Ski Mojo on their marketing. That said, I love working for this company, principally because their clients love it and are SO evangelical about it.
Makes it such a pleasure to work on this brand.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just a follow-up. I did a day rental over my trousers and then purchased for the rest of the holiday. Definitely helped with my knee (normally major pain by end of the day.) went with outside of trousers so that I could activate them easily. Didn’t find it that much schlep putting them on. Two mins? Activating and deactivating was easy enough. Had a minor injury from a fall and they definitely helped me to ski out the full day.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Cato,

Good news. Welcome to the Ski Mojo fan club!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just re-reading this thread, came across couple of points made earlier as very minor issues which I thought I'd address from my own experience. I've been using one for the last five years, so probably a couple of hundred days by now, my wife for probably nearly ten years more than that.
T Bar wrote:
On chair lifts the things they have stuck on in the middle to stop kids falling through mean there's less room which is exacerbated by the mojo which has occasionally got trapped.

Very occasionally I'm conscious of this slightly reduced space, but only perhaps once or twice has it ever got caught, needing the bar lifted slightly to disengage. Less often than just catching your trouser legs or similar. Not a major issue, in other words.
T Bar wrote:
If you are wearing the mojo but not boots for instance to drive a car , the thing keeps slipping down which is mildly awkward / uncomfortable to keep hitching up.

The top clip can easily be disengaged and the mojo slipped down under the trousers for removal. Admittedly I don't use a thigh strap which would make this more difficult - always found it completely unnecessary.
T Bar wrote:
Occasionally the length slips and I don't have markings left so have to guess the length when resetting.

Don't you have the adjustable plastic inserts? Without them this would be a major problem for me, but my wife's, without the insert, have only slipped once or twice in recent memory. Not sure how the markings wear off, unless, I suppose, they're slipping all the time. Get the inserts, that's what they're there for.
T Bar wrote:
The boot studs loosened several times and one eventually broke, the replacements are much better designed and work just fine.

I've seen three generations of boot fixing, from the very early, very clumsy ones where the male/female parts were the other way round than current ones, to those that cli and screw over the top of the boot plastic, which I have on my telemark boots, to those that need a hole drilled. The latter are far better, but still something I check every time I use them and have to re-tighten perhaps once every couple of weeks. I could just put some threadlock on them, I'm sure it would work, but somehow never got around to it.

The point it that we've seen a continual improvement over time, with things that were a faff on early version addressed, improved, perfected, and which very often were replaced at no charge. And this, folks, is one of the reasons that the mojo fan club is so keen to sing their praises.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I rented, then bought, one in Saalbach early in the season. Went to remove studs to put on new boots and the allen key has shredded the heads, no way to remove. Does seem they are not the best quality (albeit they may have been fitted far too tight). Not a major issue as replacements ar £12 and free postage. Loving it otherwise.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Anyone know how much the effect is reduced when you go way over the 75kg that the bigger one states? I'm a long way over (though I'm 6'5, so it's expected). Just wondered if it would be worth even considering.
latest report
I'm well over ie 100kgs, still get decent benefit.
snow conditions
Ghost Dog wrote:
I'm well over ie 100kgs, still get decent benefit.
That's good to know, cheers. I'm in the same ball park. Embarassed
latest report
I'm 120 kg and still get good benefits
latest report
@TheMikeSki, you need to gold springs that go over 100kgs.
snow report
Oops yes, I've got the heavy duty mutha
snow report
@gixxerniknik, Ah ok, hadn't seen those ones. Useful, cheers.
@Frosty the Snowman, thanks, I'm pretty close!
ski holidays
@Frosty the Snowman, @TheMikeSki, @Ghost Dog,

Laughing We're all a bit heavier than we'd like to be!

Originally I set mine to my "unladen weight" Embarassed
ski holidays
Just got one from intersport in vt on the eosb. First two days was struggling, bit of googling and off shopping, the deal was 50 euro per day hire, if you like it buy it and no hire charge , was cheaper than I could find in U.K., then ask for paperwork to claim vat back and go through French bit at Geneva and even cheaper. As everyone says transformed my ski day, can also be used on snowboards, no knee pain or thigh burn.
snow conditions
@Gitty, I've tried it on the snowboard. I'm not sure about it though because my head tells me the weight is going onto your heelside all the time. Caveat: I'm really not that good on the board though only having about 5 weeks on it.

I'd like to get more experienced boarders opinions about riding with it though.
ski holidays
@gixxerniknik , I'm not that good on skis, but I can now be not that good all day, keeps me out of the bar so I reckon it's going to save me a fortune, glad I put it in my ski bag as easyJet have misplaced my case , see how that turns out.
ski holidays
Gitty wrote:
@gixxerniknik , I'm not that good on skis, but I can now be not that good all day, keeps me out of the bar so I reckon it's going to save me a fortune, glad I put it in my ski bag as easyJet have misplaced my case , see how that turns out.

Question - was your ski bag locked or looked like it had been searched?

The one time I put a spare hinge component in checked-in luggage the case lock had been removed when I collected the bag at Marco Polo. I can only assume that they thought the hinge piece looked suspicious, which I suppose it does by itself. But having broken one in the past in La Plagne I want a spare in resort should I need it.

On the EoS this time I took the hinge in hand luggage (like I always do with the Mojo itself) and was told the spare hinge looks like a firearm, but I managed to convince them that it was part of the Mojo that was in the same tray.

Oh well, more to carry now as hand luggage but at least I can ski all day!
snow report
Every now and again (I ski all the season) my knee plays up and I resort to a small lightweight hinged knee brace while also having ibuprofen for breakfast etc

Earlier this year I was talked into testing a Mojo by Martin the owner as I'd commented that I did not think a Mojo was as good as a knee brace, and I was put right on that one, and here is the Mojo review of my review Laughing

And it's good to know that the Mojo is out there for when the knees really do say no more!
snow report
@TJToms, We always take Mojo's in hand luggage. This year mojos were checked out at Manchester Airport, Heathrow, but not Vancouver.
The one time we put one in hold luggage the bags had been opened and the belongings messed up.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Chaletbeauroc wrote:
Just re-reading this thread, came across couple of points made earlier as very minor issues which I thought I'd address from my own experience. I've been using one for the last five years, so probably a couple of hundred days by now, my wife for probably nearly ten years more than that.
T Bar wrote:
On chair lifts the things they have stuck on in the middle to stop kids falling through mean there's less room which is exacerbated by the mojo which has occasionally got trapped.

Very occasionally I'm conscious of this slightly reduced space, but only perhaps once or twice has it ever got caught, needing the bar lifted slightly to disengage. Less often than just catching your trouser legs or similar. Not a major issue, in other words.

I was pointing things out that were a mild faff but in respect to this I suspect it rather depends on how tall you are , I'm fairly tall and have to put my legs at an angle to get them under the bar, those things for kids are a pain with or without a mojo for me but definitely worse with one.
latest report
joneski wrote:
@TJToms, We always take Mojo's in hand luggage. This year mojos were checked out at Manchester Airport, Heathrow, but not Vancouver.
The one time we put one in hold luggage the bags had been opened and the belongings messed up.

Yes, I'm never putting the mojo or spares in hold luggage again
latest report
Wallet, passport, phone, mojo. Things that never go in the hold. Always get searched on the way out, never on the way back.
ski holidays
Not mojo related but one summer we were going climbing. I had a 60m rope in my bag, my son had the rack. We were both pulled over at separate sucurity benches and the supervisor called. He was quite happy with the contents. Clearly the summer standin had never seen a rope or a climbing rack before. I did wonder what he thought I was going to do with the rope on the plane.

It doesn't worry me that they want to check the stuff, only when they want to confiscate it.

My mojo goes in my checked luggage. I'm not sure what's the point of having the mojo but not the ski boots.
latest report
@johnE, lf you have the clip on bit tp attach the mojo you can hire boots. My mojo goes in my wheelie hand luggage with my boots. I've only been asked about it once on 10 years
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy