Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

If you were a transceiver, where in my flat would you be hidden?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I didn't stop blaming my husband for anything I'd lost until he'd been dead some time.....
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Though in my defence, he had an annoying habit of "finding" things that weren't lost, then forgetting where he'd put them. Once picked up my watch from the wash basin in the bathroom, where I often put it, and slipped it into his pocket. I spent some time looking for it then bought a new one. Then one day, when cleaning out the seal in the washing machine (a job I do very rarely) there it was, all in bits. Fortunately it was a Timex, not a Rolex.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Origen wrote:
I didn't stop blaming my husband for anything I'd lost until he'd been dead some time.....

This reminds me of my late father, God rest him, who was far too fond of the gargle for his own good.

He lived till he was nearly 86, and for years after he was gone we'd find bottles stashed in the oddest places Smile it was like he was leaving us little messages from above & having the last laugh while doing so!!!

Canny old rogue - I miss him a lot!!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Expecting to find my transceiver very soon, as I've just had a delivery from Sport Conrad this afternoon of a new one! Watch out for a bargain priced 2nd hand transceiver shortly Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@swskier, Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You lot were very good a decade+ ago when I asked “where is my wife’s passport ?”
I have faith we will find the transceiver
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@sev112, I never found my passport…
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Great thread. Can't wait for the punchline.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Gordyjh wrote:
@sev112, I never found my passport…

But @Gordyjh , are you his wife!?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
valais2 wrote:
Resisting even more humorous comment, if you placed it somewhere recently (and sometimes if you did that some time ago) the specific memory is intact and you just need to access it. Cognitive science genuinely can help. Stress prevents the brain from functioning efficiently ... so, de stress and try to think of things which happened the day which you stored it. Don’t think of possible places it might be, just think of where was I, what was the weather like, sunlight in the flat etc. Just walk around thinking of the things which know are genuine memories of the day. The memory of what you did is likely to be linked to those. It is likely in your brain, but is difficult to access since it has a weak neural pathway, unlike your name, since you have accessed that memory many times and it’s linked to many other memories.

When we both got home from a walk in a storm, at night, along the seafront from Hove to Brighton, my partner suddenly said, oh no, I’ve lost one of these earrings (a beautiful set of sliver earrings made for her, of big sentimental value). It was dark, rain was lashing the front. I got in the car, parked, walked, concentrated, and after 15 minutes bent down and picked up the earring and went home. I did the same with a ring lost on the South Downs a few years’ earlier.

The memory is probably in there.....

That's quite poetic, just reading that makes me feel calmer about all the stuff I lose all the time, does it work if you are not thinking about what you are doing and are panicking about something else which I am most of the time?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@horgand, no
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Arwenny, yes...it's a zen 'clear your mind' thing....
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@swskier, let me know if you need a home for the transceiver when it turns up, I know someone who is in need of a new one.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy