Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

If you were a transceiver, where in my flat would you be hidden?

Poster: A snowHead
Think the title says it all Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
In amongst the biggest pile of non skiing stuff.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Confucius says: "It will be in the last place you look". rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Order a brand new one and it’ll turn up.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bottom of an old pack you no longer use.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Fridge, bookshelf, where you keep the mountain bike stuff... ...you've looked in the sensible places so it must be in a place that makes no sense.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@swskier, haven’t you got a friend with a transceiver who can find it for you? Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Bottom of an old pack you no longer use

Close. In some container which you didn't properly unpack before you threw it into some unseen corner because somebody you were trying to impress was coming.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@swskier, Have you even got the faintest idea what you're on about? Do you know what a transceiver is?

You'll have about a dozen transceivers in your flat already - mobile, router, Sat dish.

What are you actually asking?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Under Madame Fanny's bed?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
red 27 wrote:
@swskier, Have you even got the faintest idea what you're on about? Do you know what a transceiver is?

You'll have about a dozen transceivers in your flat already - mobile, router, Sat dish.

I believe (as, I assume most on here also will) that SWS has lost an avalanche transceiver so may well have an idea what he's on about.

This is Snowheads - not electronicheads wink .
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Resisting even more humorous comment, if you placed it somewhere recently (and sometimes if you did that some time ago) the specific memory is intact and you just need to access it. Cognitive science genuinely can help. Stress prevents the brain from functioning efficiently ... so, de stress and try to think of things which happened the day which you stored it. Don’t think of possible places it might be, just think of where was I, what was the weather like, sunlight in the flat etc. Just walk around thinking of the things which know are genuine memories of the day. The memory of what you did is likely to be linked to those. It is likely in your brain, but is difficult to access since it has a weak neural pathway, unlike your name, since you have accessed that memory many times and it’s linked to many other memories.

When we both got home from a walk in a storm, at night, along the seafront from Hove to Brighton, my partner suddenly said, oh no, I’ve lost one of these earrings (a beautiful set of sliver earrings made for her, of big sentimental value). It was dark, rain was lashing the front. I got in the car, parked, walked, concentrated, and after 15 minutes bent down and picked up the earring and went home. I did the same with a ring lost on the South Downs a few years’ earlier.

The memory is probably in there.....
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
red 27 wrote:

I think it’s abundantly clear what he’s asking. Unless of course you’re deliberately trolling. Eh oh!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@valais2, you’re psychic!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@red 27, as @Bergmeister suggests I thought it would have been obvious what I was talking given that this is snowheads, and the I posted it in the offpiste section.

However, just to remove any potential doubt, perhaps I should title this thread if you were an Ortovox Zoom+ avalanche transceiver, where would you be hidden... rolling eyes rolling eyes

@valais2, I know exactly when I last used it, Sunday 7th January, I walked with the dog from the Möslbahn lift to the Unterbergalmhütte and then back to the van, where I waited for the OH to come after finishing work (at the Unterbergalmhütte). I would have removed it in the car park and (most likely) put it back in my bag or I will have put it on top of the bed in the back of the van. It's in neither of those locations, which is why i'm not sure where it is now.... Puzzled

I wanted a new more up to date transceiver, so perhaps this is a blessing in disguise Laughing

Ended up borrowing our dog sitters' transceiver today and didn't use it anyway as 100kph winds put an end to today's outing!
latest report
I'd probably look for a spot that's central and unobstructed. Maybe somewhere near a window for better signal reception, or even tucked away behind furniture where it's less noticeable.
latest report
Sometimes these things end up close to where they should be, but in the wrong drawer, the wrong pocket...
snow report
@swskier, .....oh no you didn't put it on the roof of the van.....the 'on the road 100m out of the car park' fate of many gloves....we have a 'nothing on the roof..EVER' rule..., oh....it's a van....too high....
ski holidays
@valais2, no definitely not on the roof, that would definitely stick in my mind! Laughing
ski holidays
A few seasons ago, the day before I was due to travel I was searching high and low for my green ski bag. I looked in the place in a storage cupboard where I had always left it with no luck. I then looked in a second possible location and it was not there either.

I must have looked in both locations and others, about half a dozen times during the day to no avail.

I finally realised that at the end of the previous season I had bought a new ski bag which was black and thrown the old green one away. I went back to the storage cupboard and there it was, in exactly the place I originally expected. It was folded so only visible end on but definitely clearly visible.

It's amazing how your mind can trick you. I must have looked at the black ski bag every time I went back to the storage cupboard, but because I was looking for a green bag, I missed the obvious.
ski holidays
@swskier, have you found it?????
latest report
Rapped in Tinfoil in a Turkey.
latest report
My wife seemed to think that under the bed was a good place to store my off-piste kit. Then to forget that is where she put it. When I booked a flight at 9pm (after a few drams and a chat with my chums in Switzerland) for very early the next morning as conditions were great and I had a few things at work cancelled at the last minute. By the time I got round to looking for the kit she was already in bed.

Since then I have stored all my kit in Switzerland. By mutual agreement.
snow report
Why did your wife store your kit, @zikomo? Had you left it in a pile in the hall?
snow report
I would try to link to video, but don't know how.

Monty Pythons Meaning of life:

"Where is that fishy fish? It is a most elusive fish. And it went wherever I did go""

Audience:
"It's up his trunk. Have you looked in the commode. Behind the sofa"
ski holidays
Oh, I think it's down the back of the sofa, or hanging on a hook under a coat you've not moved.
ski holidays
kendoNaga wrote:
Rapped in Tinfoil in a Turkey.

I read that as raped in tinfoil in Turkey and was envisaging some Liam Neeson scenario.
snow report
@valais2, no such luck, but I'm currently applying the it'll turn up when you're not looking for it method!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Origen wrote:
Why did your wife store your kit, @zikomo? Had you left it in a pile in the hall?

That's a bit presumptuous of you. Why would you question why my wife stored my kit? And further assume I would leave it in a pile in the hall? Smells a bit of gender bias tbh.

I stored it where I always do. My wife chose to move it under the bed because she though that was more efficient use of space, which is a bit of an obsession of hers at times (she is also a Dishwasher Dictator). We both sometimes have very good ideas that we somehow forget to tell the other about once executed, increasingly so with age.....
latest report
@zikomo, So a pile on the bedroom floor then? Laughing

ps. That's where I'm hoping mine is wink
latest report
Is it safely tucked in a ski boot?

That's where I store mine for travel. It's also where I decided to store my sunglasses and only found them with my big toe!
snow report
Might be worth turning it on and using another transceiver to find it.

You’re welcome Very Happy
ski holidays
Diggery wrote:
Is it safely tucked in a ski boot?

That's where I store mine for travel. It's also where I decided to store my sunglasses and only found them with my big toe!

That would have made for a very uncomfortable ski the other weekend Laughing
latest report
@hang11, damn, why didn't I think of that! Laughing
snow report
@swskier, Did you forget to take it off before you got into the van, so glove compartment in the van maybe? Where did you go after meeting the missus? Were you still wearing it then? What dog have you got...don't tell me he/she buried it trying to be helpful! Laughing

I learnt very early on that all my skiing gear has to be stored together or I'll loose or forget something vital. So I've got one of those under-the-bed type bags that gets stashed in a cupboard at the top of the stairs along with the skis and boots. That way I'm not running about like a headless chicken looking for things or blaming Mrs G for losing/binning vital bits of kit each time!
snow report
@gixxerniknik, checked the glove compartment already and no luck.

I have a bag which I only use for ski touring, and all my gear goes back in it straight after so i've no idea what i've managed to do with this transceiver!
snow conditions
in an old jacket pocket or wherever you left it while nicking the batteries out of it to use in the TV remote.
snow conditions
@swskier, At the risk of stating the obvious, have you asked the Mrs?
snow report
It’s gone under one of the cupboards / seats in the van having fallen off the bed.
snow conditions
Did you find it yet?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy