Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A beanie that's safer than a helmet?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Reporting back after a couple of days at Sun Peaks & a day at Whistler.
She says it took a bit of getting used to, what with the tightening band and how low it sits above the eyes. She also mentioned the lack of ear cover that is hidden in the blurb.
She did like the heat sink… never too hot or cold, just right, and the merino lining.
Tbh I’ve never seen such interest in a hat/helmet, esp. at whistler… every time we stopped someone would come up and ask her about it. Even the “friends of” Whistler approached as we were reading the map at the top of a lift. Guess it shows their marketing is NA heavy.
The best thing for her was being able to switch between goggles, glasses and shades without having to remove it.

But the I’ve just been told she needs another three ski holidays to be certain about the above Laughing
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
GreenDay wrote:
jedster wrote:
Weathercam wrote:
As I alluded to the helmet is aimed at a more style conscious skier/boarder who is not too bothered about weight/ventilation.

Hence the whole East Coast Beanie look, with some not even doing up their chin straps!

@boarder2020 like I said, the jury is still out on it, as I've mentioned it's not really for me, and we were joking this morning when I went out with it still snowing that I would certainly not be wearing it in those conditions, maybe for good you (?) that's if you've decided whether you do actually ski or board Laughing

It's a bit emperor's new clothes - it still looks like a helmet to me.
Buyer - Look at me I'm so cool skiing in a beanie!
Everyone watching - why has that person put a wooly cover on their helmet?

Indeed.

Dont buy this, just stretch a neoprene headwarmer over your own helmet - you will look just as much of an eejit, but have a couple of hundred quid extra in your pocket..................

Without doubt it is much smaller than a helmet so doing this would not be the same. It is obviously bigger than just a beanie on your head though...

Any cost arguments are largely irrelevant. If it were to take off the eventual cost would likely be very similar to helmets we have now so not an issue. They are the only company doing this and it is a brand new concept so of course the cost is at the higher end at present.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy