Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snoworks in Tignes - 2-10 Dec 06

Poster: A snowHead
I finally got confirmation (via phone) about my booking. Very Happy

I'm skipping the arranged flights and flying from Manchester via Gatwick to Geneva.
My outbound from Gatwick is BA2744, and according to my booking and the BA website, it departs at 10:40, arrival 13:20.

I guess I'll have to put on a good disguise Wink

No discount on my package price though Sad, but it works out at only about £20 more than I would have paid anyway.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tomsk, ha ha - we'll see you in the departure lounge then! I have some snowHeads stickers but haven't yet managed to get them to stick to anything Toofy Grin Perhaps I'll glue some to my bag! There's pictures of me & Incog under Incog's name in the snowmediazone

Incogskisno in this one (obviously on the left wink )
http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/photo/4185/cat/500/ppuser/333/sl/i

Me in this one (on the left with the specs)
http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/photo/4184/cat/500/ppuser/333/sl/i

Shame you didn't get a discount off your package price though Sad what about your flight coming back?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, this is how I look before I shave

wink

and this is me in disguise

My return flight is also BA, via Gatwick. Departs at 11:30am
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tomsk, oh dear - was the shop all out of the good disguises Confused You might be better off sticking without the disguise wink Toofy Grin
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just been reading my stuff from snoworks and a lift pass is not included. Obviously I'll need to get a pass, but would it be better to get one now from the Tignes website or wait till I get out there?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Tomsk, good question. I was just going to get mine when I got there. Anyone else got any thoughts on this? One thing I've learned from snowHeads - get the Carre (or is it Carte?? I can never remember rolling eyes ) Neige (additional insurance that'll get you off the mountain) when you buy your lift pass.

Which reminds me, must also renew my annual Direct Travel insurance - it expires 11 Dec so had better get it done before I go & get my discount for unbroken cover.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
cathy, Tomsk, I am getting mine there and will also get the carre neige too. I must ring Blue Marble today to find out my return flight times, which I assume will be the same as cathy's.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
cathy, Tomsk, I have just been in touch with Blue Marble. As yet they have NOT received my (and proabably yours too) flight tickets and could only confirm that my return flight is XLA 6075 10.15 from Geneva, but that untill they receive the tickets that this flight could change.

Ski passes: you need to have a photograph even though they are electronic.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks IncogSkiSno, I guess I'd better hope that the flight is at least on that day then! And thanks for the tip about the photo required - I normally do have a few with me, but not needing them for Austria or Canada I've kinda got out of the habit of thinking about photos.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
IncogSkiSnoSki wrote:
passes: you need to have a photograph even though they are electronic.

I've been looking around Val D'isere sites and they say, for the new electronic passes, photos are only needed if the pass is eight days or more.

http://www.stvi-valdisere.com/en/tarifs.php

I'll be getting a pass once I'm there (taking a photo with me just in case). I don't want to risk buying a pass online only for it to arrive by post the day after I've left!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
They still haven't received all the tickets yet & I won't be sharing my room with anyone on a Snoworks course - they've handed the room share availability over to Mark Warner to fill. Surely they won't want to fill up my little room when I'm sure half the chalet will be empty! Madeye-Smiley Have just realised I'll need to purchase pyjamas! Shocked Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Tomsk, cathy, Not sure if this will affect you, but as we are not returning with BA, this may mean we won't get free Ski/boot baggage, so I shall be ringing Blue Marble on Monday Confused
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
IncogSkiSno, ah thanks. Although we've never had any probs with skis on the return flight, it's only ever the reps at the airport on the way out that make you pay a supplement - staff at airports on the way back never ask to see the receipt that you've paid the extra. I think Excel is a charter airline rather than the no frills like easyjet/ryan air. Will be good to hear what Blue Marble say.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
IncogSkiSno, Some info for when you contact Blue Marble.
Excel website page - baggage - http://www.xl.com/Customer_Info/Baggage_Short.asp

I'm OK for transport of my skis and stuff as all my (self arranged) flights are with BA.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Tomsk, ah, thanks for that, I didn't think of looking on their website, but still need to contact Blue Marble Confused
ski holidays
I've made a list, I've checked it twice, done my laundry, so it all smells nice. Very Happy
ski holidays
santa claus is coming to town

Sorry about that but I thought you were typing xmas song lyrics with a snowHead twist
latest report
Tomsk, ah you may have made a list - but is it laminated?? Very very pleased you'll be smelling nice anyway Toofy Grin The web cam of Grande Motte was looking nice today snowHead

I shall be doing a list-free getting together of things tonight and placing on spare bed. Then taking away half of what's there wink

How cautious should you be? Is a spare pair of goggles necessary, second ski jacket 'just in case', another pair of ski pants? Anyone else take along double-ups?
latest report
cathy wrote:

How cautious should you be? Is a spare pair of goggles necessary, second ski jacket 'just in case', another pair of ski pants? Anyone else take along double-ups?

If I wipe out on the slopes I'll either

a) be in such a state that replacing any equipment would be irrelevant

or

b) use my credit card to cushion the fall. Smile
snow conditions
Tomsk, I hope that friend is very flexible then! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
cathy, Ooh I often take 2 jackets, one is lighter weight, and just cos I'm a girlie and like to change my clothes. Embarassed I always take spare gloves, I lost a set one year, and had to buy another pair in resort which isn't a cheap option. I might take my old ski boots, I'll see how my new ones feel today and then decide.

I phoned Blue Marble, and the free ski/boot carriage is being honoured for the return flight. Very Happy So plenty of room for extra kit Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Woohooooo!!! This time tomorrow Toofy Grin snowHead Am just too excited and it looks like there's a definite change in the weather from Wed onwards, colder and very snowy. Well they're saying that at the mo!

IncogSkiSno, I always used to take 2 ski jackets - for exactly the reasons you said! But then one was a really good jacket that I liked a lot - and the other one wasn't. So I'd never want to wear the other jacket anyway Madeye-Smiley Probably very wise to take both pairs of boots if you can, especially if you haven't skied in them yet. Have you worn them round the house lots?

Good news about the free ski carriage - I need to phone them today as I can't find anywhere whether we fly back into the North or South terminal - and I need to tell my 'taxi' wink where to collect from, not that it's much hassle to get to the other terminal anyway.

See you both tomorrow! What time are you planning to get to Gatwick? I'm aiming to leave the house at about 7 & should only be about 40 mins drive that time of the morning. But I hate being late - and love the excitement of being at an airport Embarassed We've got moby numbers so should be able to meet up OK - Tomsk, I'll PM you my number, whether you want it or not! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
cathy, Oh I do know about the terminal, will check and let you know Confused
snow report
It's North!!!

I love airports too, especially the shops and the people watching. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
IncogSkiSno, ah thanks!

(Just noticed your sig! Toofy Grin )
ski holidays
Hope you have a very enjoyable time and that Phil and his colleagues don't make you do too many beastly things Wink I'll try to pop in towards the end of the week to say hello Smile
latest report
Thanks rob@rar, I'm sure I'm looking forward to some beastly things...... wink

Didn't know you were going to be in the area next week (although Incog did mention it) - would be really good to meet up with you if you can make it over Toofy Grin
ski holidays
cathy, IncogSkiSno, Tomsk, hope that you all have a great time in Tignes and that some new snow arrives in time for you to get the most from it snowHead snowHead snowHead .
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
cathy, yes, I'm arriving in the resort on Thursday for a long weekend (staying in Les Arcs but 'commuting' to Tignes). I was hoping to watch the Downhill in Val d'Isere, but now that has been cancelled I'll just have to ski instead Smile I've got IncogSkiSno's mobile number so I'll pop along to the Aiguille Percee and meet up with you lot there.
snow report
cathy, IncogSkiSno, Tomsk, have a good week and save some snow for the rest of us Toofy Grin
snow report
rob@rar, that would be good - and we'll maybe see you on the slopes as well! I have a red jacket so you'll be bound to be able to spot me wink . So far, looks like you might be coming just in time for some decent snow - have to see whether that actually happens or not!

Ray Zorro, hibernia, thank you! We'll try to leave some extra snow behind for you snowHead
snow report
Quote:

I have a red jacket so you'll be bound to be able to spot me .

You and hundreds of others, red is one of the most popular colours. Laughing I have a blue jacket, so not easily spotted either, though I may just put on my pink one and then you won't miss me. Laughing

All thanks ! Will try and get online and give you all an update. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
IncogSkiSno wrote:
Quote:

I have a red jacket so you'll be bound to be able to spot me .

You and hundreds of others, red is one of the most popular colours. Laughing

Indeed - hence the wink. My SO has problems spotting me on the slopes with all the other red jackets, well thats what he says anyway Confused

I cannot promise I'll be going anywhere near a computer next week wink Toofy Grin
snow conditions
All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go
They're all sitting here by my door
I hate to wake you up to say goodbye
but when the dawn is breaking, I'll be gawn
won't say goodbye on DC in the morn

So wish me and pray for me.
Tell me that you want snow for me.
So it's off to Tignes that I am to go

Cause I'm leaving on a jet plane,
I dont know when I'll be back again.
Oh SnowHeads, I hate to go. . .

Pah, like hell I do! Have fun all see you in a weeks time!!! Toofy Grin

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Fri 1-12-06 23:20; edited 1 time in total
snow report
IncogSkiSno, Very Happy snowHead Enjoy
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman, TVM, well I'd best go and get some shut eye, but I am too excited . . . I am like a big kid Embarassed
snow conditions
IncogSkiSno, singing to us is rather cruel don't you think Evil or Very Mad

Ow, my poor ears Evil or Very Mad
latest report
Have they gone yet, can we start talking about them now?
snow report
FenlandSkier, Bloody French internet; they donùt recognise my name; everything is ,uddled I aq, incog; but cqthy is co,ing on noz to hqve zords zith you Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
snow conditions
This is me now Toofy Grin Greqt ti,e n the glqcier todqy but looks like zeùve hqd too ,uch red wine Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy