Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snoworks in Tignes - 2-10 Dec 06

Poster: A snowHead
Just in case anyone missed this in the Bend Zi Knees section, I've booked to go on the Snoworks course in Dec. IncogSkiSno and Mr Incog have also booked on this week and maggi is considering it too (go on - you know you want to!)

Anyone else thinking of going then or going to be in Tignes that week? Would be good to meet up snowHead
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
well cathy, a resounding silence.... I am very tempted but it's quite pricey (for two of us). We'll be in our apartment ski-ing for much of the season (except the French school hols, which we escape) and I had hoped to fix up a week in January with easiski. But we look like having so many visitors in January (all clamouring now the easyjet flights are being released) that it is getting difficult, so we might have to think again about December! I did a course pre-Christmas in Tignes once before, and although a lot of the domaine was closed there was plenty of snow for a week when the emphasis was on lessons, not covering the maximum mileage. I hope you have a great time.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
cathy, If I can get through the summer without husband tempting, persuading, making it more than my life's worth etc into going away for a week somewhere, I will do the snoworks course. I really want to but it's lack of work holiday. Some people just don't understand that 3 whole weeks and a long weekend skiing isn't obsessive at all Little Angel
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
pam w, that'd be great if you did make it too - here's for many Jan visitors! Toofy Grin

maggi, I know what you mean about work hols, although I think everyone's accepted that at least I'm around all summer rolling eyes . Trying to get 4 weeks away this season, plus maybe the PSB, although that is looking a bit doubtful in terms of money, leave and OH Evil or Very Mad . I hope you do come along that week, although of course not wishing to deprive your husband of a summer holiday! Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I am trying to sort work to get there as well
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
woohoo - another convert! Hope to see you there redrunmarcus snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Holy thread revival Batman!

I've just booked myself on the Easy Terrain course!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hurrah Tomsk! I too am on the Easy Terrain! Woohoooo - at least there'll be two of us.......are you male or female??? (just in case you are a possible roomie Little Angel )
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PS - look forward to meeting you on the 2nd! snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well, have a great time both of you. I definitely can't come. Something has come up that weekend that I just can't avoid Evil or Very Mad .
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
maggi, Sad never mind. I thought you might not be able to as you are going on the PSB.

Sorry for the exuberance in my posts above of yesterday - not normally that excitable but I put it down to the liquid lunch! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
cathy, I'm a fully grown male Womble, but I don't mind sharing a room with you as long as you don't snore and leave any litter about the place as I have a strange compulsion to pick up litter and make useful stuff out of it. Razz

I've just been working out the best way for me to get to Gatwick and it looks like I'll be spending Saturday night in the raving hotspot known as Gatwick airport!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Tomsk, Laughing Laughing Thankfully they only pair up the same sex Toofy Grin .

There are quite a few cheap B&Bs near to Gatwick and they'll run you there in the morning as well - just don't check into one too early in the evening... Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Tomsk, Hi there, it's great to see another sH on the course! snowHead

cathy, Which airport are you travelling from ?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
IncogSkiSno, Gatwick - we're really pretty close-ish from here.
latest report
cathy, We're travelling from Gatwick too, but Heathrow is nearer for us.
snow conditions
IncogSkiSno, did you get their DVD? I got it a week or so ago - it's pretty inspirational and makes everything look so easy - I've been practising on the lounge floor! And it's a good motivator for getting myself down the gym Toofy Grin
latest report
cathy, No i haven't but I really should, I'll send for it tomorrow Toofy Grin

Are we all going to meet at Gatwick ?
snow report
Sounds good to me - I think our flight is at about 10 isn't it? Check in at 8ish. So we could meet somewhere after that time I guess. Or I'll see you in the check-in Q! Tomsk will be harder to spot - supposedly! Toofy Grin

Mr C not very happy at having to take me to the airport without going skiing himself Twisted Evil
snow conditions
IIRC (I haven't got my stuff yet) my flight is an Easyjet from Gatwick at 8am
ski holidays
Tomsk, mine is BA at 10.30 (just checked!). Are you staying at the Mark Warner chalet hotel booked through Snoworks or have you booked your accommodation independently?
latest report
cathy, We're on the same flight as yourself and we're staying in the Chalet L'Arguille Percee.

I received an email today from Blue Marble confirming the luggage allowance:

Quote:

Snow ski equipment
In addition to your normal baggage allowance you may take:

one pair of skis and one pair of ski poles, or a snowboard, or a monoski

one pair of bindings and one pair of boots

A maximum weight of 23kg (51lbs) applies to each bag. Policy is applicable for travel from 01 November 2006 to 30 April 2007. This all can be found on
http://www.britishairways.com/travel/bagsport/public/en_gb

snow report
Where's my email?!! Although I'll be well within that
ski holidays
cathy, I telephoned them with a query about ski boot carriage, and as they were uncertain of the facts they emailed me later Very Happy
snow report
IncogSkiSno, ah that's alright. I wouldn't like to think I was missing important bits of communication Toofy Grin I've got one of those bags that takes your boots & clothes and has wheels and a pully-out handle. I got fed up with lugging so many different bits of luggage around. Mind you, my skis don't fit in though!

Do you know if you do a google search on Snoworks, this thread comes up second. We should get commission for free advertising for them Toofy Grin
snow report
cathy It's quite surprising just how many google queries lead back to here Laughing
snow conditions
cathy, is your trolley under 20kg when full?
snow report
IncogSkiSno, yes normally, even on a 2-weeker to Canada. But then I do pack a lot of clothes in round my skis in the ski bag. As well as protecting my skis I think that if one of my bags went astray then at least I'd have clothes to go out skiing in Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
cathy, yes we don that too with our boots and in the kids snowboard bags Toofy Grin
latest report
cathy, I've got one of those bags, it's easy to go overweight with it though as it's quite large. Certainly a lot easier to lug around than a suitcase though. Boot pockets double up as toxic containment zone for sweaty socks during the week as well Toofy Grin
ski holidays
FenlandSkier wrote:
cathy, I've got one of those bags, it's easy to go overweight with it though as it's quite large. Certainly a lot easier to lug around than a suitcase though. Boot pockets double up as toxic containment zone for sweaty socks during the week as well Toofy Grin

Yeah, the bag's quite heavy even empty - all those reinforcements in it! Toxic containment zone definitely needed on trip back - my skis bag normally gets that pleasure.

Last year we had a week in Big White followed by a week in Sun Peaks. You could tell the hotel we stayed at in SP was posh as our skis were taken off the little transfer minibus and were about to be whisked away to be valeted!! Nooooooooooo!!!!!!! I did manage to cry just in time, visions of my dirty smelly clothes spilling over the ground Embarassed Embarassed
snow report
cathy wrote:
Tomsk, mine is BA at 10.30 (just checked!). Are you staying at the Mark Warner chalet hotel booked through Snoworks or have you booked your accommodation independently?

I've booked eveything through Snoworks.

I don't suppose you know which BA flights or their times - outbound & return - that you've been booked on?

I've just been speaking to Snoworks and apparently they're having to arrange extra seats on EJ 'cos the BA flights are full, which is why I'm on the EJ flight. They're still waiting for confirmation, which is why I've not got precise details just yet.

It'll cost me ~£100 for return flights from Manchester to Gatwick and an overnight B&B stay, but a return flight (on BA) from Manchester to Geneva (via Gatwick/Heathrow) would only cost ~£120. So I might fly direct from Manchester and skip the Snoworks arranged flights. Obviously I would need to time my flights to coincide with the transfers in Geneva.
snow report
Quote:
I don't suppose you know which BA flights or their times - outbound & return - that you've been booked on?

Tomsk, I do - but its at home! If Incogskisno doesn't post first I'll put it up here this eve.

What a pain about your flight - even if you go from Gatwick you're going to have to wait for us to get in. You'd be much better off trying to fly from manchester - don't forget to try and get a reduction off your Snoworks price for this!
latest report
Tomsk, cathy,

2nd Dec Outbound - BA2744 10.30 arrive Geneva 13.10

10 Dec Inward - To Be Confirmed (I've only just noticed that ! )
ski holidays
IncogSkiSno, well done! Yes I knew the return flight was TBC.......hope we get it C soon Toofy Grin
latest report
Have just rung them up and my return flight is

10 Dec - 11.00 arrive Gatwick 11.40 XLA6075 Excel Airways
ski holidays
cathy wrote:
Have just rung them up and my return flight is

10 Dec - 11.00 arrive Gatwick 11.40 XLA6075 Excel Airways

That'll be an early start from Tignes Sad
ski holidays
rob@rar, you're right - I'd forgotten how long the transfer was Sad Sad
ski holidays
cathy wrote:
rob@rar, you're right - I'd forgotten how long the transfer was Sad Sad

At a guess I'd say before 6am. Might be easier not to go to bed that night Wink Just out of interest, were you charged separately for flights & transfer, or was it all one package price?
ski holidays
cathy, Ooh, I am guessing ours will be the same then Confused

rob@rar, BTW on behalf of cathy: It was a package price Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy