Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

26th Jan Cervinia. 2 or 3 more buddies to share. £298, for apartment/flights/car hire

Poster: A snowHead
Mayflower wrote:
Ah just realised I have to be back by Sunday afternoon. Something that can't be changed, unless flights are really early on Sunday. Sorry!

Hi.

I'll check on flights when I get back home later. Do you have to be back in Ludlow, and by what time? If it causes difficulty, we'll leave it as Saturday
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There are no good Sunday return flights it seems, so best left Saturday to Saturday.

This is the cheapest, from East Midlands:

OutboundSat, 26 Jan 2019
all times are local

14:00
EMA
2h 05

Direct

17:05
BGY
ReturnSat, 2 Feb 2019

12:25
BGY
2h 10

Direct

13:35
EMA
Book your ticket
Economy class, 1 adult
Read before booking

RyanairAirline

£34

The Flight from Birmingham is a bit more expensive, but has a much better arrival time, and is nearer for you. With this, could possibly have an hour or two skiing Saturday, but at worst get skis, as I'm hiring:

OutboundSat, 26 Jan 2019
all times are local

06:45
BHX
2h

Direct

09:45
MXP
ReturnSat, 2 Feb 2019

10:30
MXP
2h 10

Direct

11:40
BHX
Book your ticket
Economy class, 1 adult
Read before booking

FlybeAirline

£78
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There are no good Sunday return flights it seems, so best left Saturday to Saturday.

This is the cheapest, from East Midlands:

OutboundSat, 26 Jan 2019
all times are local

14:00
EMA
2h 05

Direct

17:05
BGY
ReturnSat, 2 Feb 2019

12:25
BGY
2h 10

Direct

13:35
EMA
Book your ticket
Economy class, 1 adult
Read before booking

RyanairAirline

£34

The Flight from Birmingham is a bit more expensive, but has a much better arrival time, and is nearer for you. With this, could possibly have an hour or two skiing Saturday, but at worst get skis, as I'm hiring:

OutboundSat, 26 Jan 2019
all times are local

06:45
BHX
2h

Direct

09:45
MXP
ReturnSat, 2 Feb 2019

10:30
MXP
2h 10

Direct

11:40
BHX
Book your ticket
Economy class, 1 adult
Read before booking

FlybeAirline

£78
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
This is only 6 weeks away now.

Still hoping to get a couple more to join me/us(assuming Mayflower is still wanting to go).

Great apartment, and Cervinia looks amazing to me.

Anyone else fancy it?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi.

I just checked, and this nice, central apartment is still available.

Would love to find a few others to share apartment. Ideally 2 more, or 3 more if Mayflower has sorted something else.

Never skiid Italy or Switzerland, so two birds with one stone.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I would be intrested if you can push the dates to feb!!!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm interested in getting away for a weeks skiing in Jan 19, flexible with dates, experienced 52 years old male skier. Preference would be Glasgow, Edinburgh or Newcastle flights as I'm in Scotland. Let me know if you still have space on your trip.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I can get a reasonably priced flight from Edinburgh to Milan with Ryanair on the morning of 26 Jan. If it's easier Steve Brown you can email me on m.fleming01@btinternet.com
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
mfleming wrote:
I'm interested in getting away for a weeks skiing in Jan 19, flexible with dates, experienced 52 years old male skier. Preference would be Glasgow, Edinburgh or Newcastle flights as I'm in Scotland. Let me know if you still have space on your trip.

Hi.

There's definitely space on this trip. As it stands, there is myself and Mayflower. I will PM her todayd, to see if she is still interested, as it's been some time since I heard from her.

Anyway, if Mayflower still wants to go, that would make 3 of us for this date.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Thu 3-01-19 7:34; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
JO7 wrote:

Hi.

I'm completely easy about dates, so moving to Feb doesn't bother me. This apartment is not available in Feb though, so would need find another. There seems to be nowhere near the amount of availability in Cervinia as many French resorts, and they are also a bit more expensive.

I was entirely prepared to move back 2 weeks, and messaged someone yesterday, to ask if he'd be interested if I did. I've messaged Mayflower to confirm she's still interested in existing date, which is 26th Jan to 2nd Feb. Now mfleming may be interested in current date too, so it's difficult.

As I said, I just so want to go there - and don't really mind when. I'm going to 3V in March, so was just keeping a bit of distance between that and this trip, but it matters not to me - as long as a suitable central apartment could be found(might be difficult).
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
JO7 wrote:

Hi.

I'm completely easy about dates, so moving to Feb doesn't bother me. This apartment is not available in Feb though, so would need find another. There seems to be nowhere near the amount of availability in Cervinia as many French resorts, and they are also a bit more expensive.

I was entirely prepared to move back 2 weeks, and messaged someone yesterday, to ask if he'd be interested if I did. I've messaged Mayflower to confirm she's still interested in existing date, which is 26th Jan to 2nd Feb. Now mfleming may be interested in current date too, so it's difficult.

As I said, I just so want to go there - and don't really mind when. I'm going to 3V in March, so was just keeping a bit of distance between that and this trip, but it matters not to me - as long as a suitable central apartment could be found(might be difficult).
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just for information.

I've looked for availability on both Airbnb, and booking.com. There is just one apartment available for 9th to 16th of Feb. It appears to be in the same block, and owned by the same guy. It has only 3 beds: Bunk and convertible bedchair. Not really suitable for 4 people, unless 2 were a couple, so this date doesn't look good - nor does the week after, not a thing available that's central.

https://www.homeaway.co.uk/p6901079?utm_source=direct&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=earned:homeaway:sharecopylink:GBR&utm_content=6901079
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Steve Brown have you heard from Mayflower. I'm keen to get a holiday sorted soon although I can't go in February other than the first few days of February. I saw a really good deal to a large Austrian resort going out on 12 Jan, flights, accommodation on a bed and breakfast basis plus return coach transfer from airport to resort for £319. Steve can you email me on m.fleming01@btinternet.com as I don't wish to give any more info of this deal on this site in case it gets booked up.

How much will it be for the Cervinia accommodation and car hire share on 26 Jan for a week assuming three people in the apartment and car share.

I look forward to hearing from you.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
mfleming wrote:
Steve Brown have you heard from Mayflower. I'm keen to get a holiday sorted soon although I can't go in February other than the first few days of February. I saw a really good deal to a large Austrian resort going out on 12 Jan, flights, accommodation on a bed and breakfast basis plus return coach transfer from airport to resort for £319. Steve can you email me on m.fleming01@btinternet.com as I don't wish to give any more info of this deal on this site in case it gets booked up.

How much will it be for the Cervinia accommodation and car hire share on 26 Jan for a week assuming three people in the apartment and car share.

Hi.

I messaged her this morning, but haven't heard back yet.

The apartment I'm looking at is £969 for a week. It does sleep up to 5, but that's using a double bed. There are four seperate beds, and I was hoping to find 3 others to share. Between 4, apartment would be £242 each. Flights I guess depends on where you want to leave from, but I think there's flights available from a lot of places for £60 - or so and car hire would be £30 - £40 for 4 sharing a decent size car. On that basis, it's about £340 for accom, flights and car.

I will email you.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
mfleming wrote:

Hi.

I messaged her this morning, but haven't heard back yet.

The apartment I'm looking at is £969 for a week. It does sleep up to 5, but that's using a double bed. There are four seperate beds, and I was hoping to find 3 others to share. Between 4, apartment would be £242 each. Flights I guess depends on where you want to leave from, but I think there's flights available from a lot of places for £60 - or so and car hire would be £30 - £40 for 4 sharing a decent size car. On that basis, it's about £340 for accom, flights and car.

I will email you.
snow report
Hi, how is your trip going. I'm driving out to the alps and could join for the accommodation only.

Regards, Mark.
ski holidays
Mark5 wrote:
Hi, how is your trip going. I'm driving out to the alps and could join for the accommodation only.

Regards, Mark.

Hi Mark.

Not quite sure what you mean.

A few days ago, for a short while, we had 4 to share. Then a guy from Canada said his work had cancelled all leave, and so another guy who must have been tentative, pulled out too.

That left two of us, and we've spent the last couple of days since then looking for a deal in Austria. Another Mark is in Scotland, and I'm in the midlands. Did you mean you were interested in joining us for a week, but that you would drive there?

I've come round to the Austria idea quite a bit, but assuming they get snow in Cervinia, it's still where I'd love to go.

Regards, Steve.
snow report
Mark5 wrote:

Regards, Mark.

Hi Mark.

Not quite sure what you mean.

A few days ago, for a short while, we had 4 to share. Then a guy from Canada said his work had cancelled all leave, and so another guy who must have been tentative, pulled out too.

That left two of us, and we've spent the last couple of days since then looking for a deal in Austria. Another Mark is in Scotland, and I'm in the midlands. Did you mean you were interested in joining us for a week, but that you would drive there?

I've come round to the Austria idea quite a bit, but assuming they get snow in Cervinia, it's still where I'd love to go.

Regards, Steve.
ski holidays
Hello all. I’m interested in the trip. Live in Sheffield so EMA good for me. I’m 49! How did that happen. Good skier only really interested in sking off piste, hiking to tops of great looking slopes or touring- just got new kit which I’m increasingly desperate to try. Cheep, shared good, prefer to cook than eat out. Though don’t eat meat. Let me know. Scot
snow conditions
Scotfletcher wrote:
Hello all. I’m interested in the trip. Live in Sheffield so EMA good for me. I’m 49! How did that happen. Good skier only really interested in sking off piste, hiking to tops of great looking slopes or touring- just got new kit which I’m increasingly desperate to try. Cheep, shared good, prefer to cook than eat out. Though don’t eat meat. Let me know. Scot

Hi Scott.

You sound like your better than me, so you probably wouldn't enjoy skiing with me that much. Not done much off piste, although I did La Grave on my last hol, with was pretty challenging for me, but would do again any time.

A few days ago, we had 4. Now I'm not sure we even have 2. I'm looking for something on this week. Nothing would be better than for this to happen, and the apartment is still available. I don't think I'd be a good ski buddy for you. If there's more interest, and you fancy it, then we can see what we can do.

Steve.
snow report
Scotfletcher wrote:

Hi Scott.

You sound like your better than me, so you probably wouldn't enjoy skiing with me that much. Not done much off piste, although I did La Grave on my last hol, with was pretty challenging for me, but would do again any time.

A few days ago, we had 4. Now I'm not sure we even have 2. I'm looking for something on this week. Nothing would be better for this to happen, and the apartment is still available. I don't think I'd be a good ski buddy for you. If there's more interest, and you fancy it, then we can see what we can do.

Steve.
snow conditions
I am near Crewe and looking to join a party that sort of week (end of Jan). Am flexible (retired and definitely grey 69). I like to ski pistes. Not sure I like these open forums grogersne@hotmail.co.uk
ski holidays
No reason to worry about open forums @groge, unless you post your email address for spambots to harvest wink
snow conditions
groge wrote:
I am near Crewe and looking to join a party that sort of week (end of Jan). Am flexible (retired and definitely grey 69). I like to ski pistes. Not sure I like these open forums grogersne@hotmail.co.uk

Hi groge.

The situation is this: For a long time I was looking at a nice apartment for 4, and 3 others to join me. For a fleeting moment, we got 4 - then quickly one pulled out due to work, and another quickly folllowed. The two remaining ones, found an apartment a bit further away from the centre, but almost half the cost, so took it.

I'm not sure 3 could squeeze in, or whether she has a different apartment that could accomodate 3. If the other person who's going is OK with idea, I don't mind putting the question to her. First though - you would have to find a flight gets you to Turin Early Saturday morning(26th). Living in Crewe, that could be quite easy - because you could take the same flight as me from Birmingham(Jet2 6am). We've hired a Clio to get to Cervinia, which is 75 miles away, so you could share that no problem.

If it's something you like the sound of, and want to me ask the question(assuming it's OK with the other member), then I will.

Please let me know asap.

Regards, Steve.
snow report
groge wrote:

Hi groge.

The situation is this: For a long time I was looking at a nice apartment for 4, and 3 others to join me. For a fleeting moment, we got 4 - then quickly one pulled out due to work, and another quickly folllowed. The two remaining ones, found an apartment a bit further away from the centre, but almost half the cost, so took it.

I'm not sure 3 could squeeze in, or whether she has a different apartment that could accomodate 3. If the other person who's going is OK with idea, I don't mind putting the question to her. First though - you would have to find a flight gets you to Turin Early Saturday morning(26th). Living in Crewe, that could be quite easy - because you could take the same flight as me from Birmingham(Jet2 6am). We've hired a Clio to get to Cervinia, which is 75 miles away, so you could share that no problem.

If it's something you like the sound of, and want to me ask the question(assuming it's OK with the other member), then I will.

Please let me know asap.

Regards, Steve.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy