Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

26th Jan Cervinia. 2 or 3 more buddies to share. £298, for apartment/flights/car hire

Poster: A snowHead
Hi.

I've wanted to go to Cervinia for a long time.

I prefer self catering. I like sorting my own breakfast, and I like going out to eat each night. Just my preference.

I've found this apartment close to centre. https://www.homeaway.co.uk/p6901081

Best flight is Ryanair from East Midlands(8 miles from myself) to Bergamo for just £28! Bergamo is less than 150 miles from Cervinia, much on Motorway.

Ski pass is £200(230€)

I've looked at car hire. Found a 500L(fair size family car) through Easycar, that is £123, with free snow chains, and free additional driver.

Comes to just £498 For, Flights , Car hire, apartment and ski pass.

I've done holidays this way many times, and it's always gone well.

I'm fairly competent skier, and happy to go down anything. I like the idea of skiing to Zermatt. I'm no spring chicken, love a few beers - but too many would keep me off the slopes, so not a party animal.

Be nice to find 3 or so similar standard ski buddies.

We could ski what I think is the longest ski run in Europe too:

Cervinia, Italy
20-kilometre red run
Access one of the world's longest ski runs from the Klein Matterhorn, also known as the Piccolo Cervino. Europe's highest cable car whisks you up onto the Klein Matterhorn over gigantic glacial crevasses. From its lofty height of 3,883 metres, take an epic 20-kilometre descent down red runs to Valtournenche at 1,524 metres, Cervinia's lift-linked neighbour. Alternatively, from the Klein Matterhorn, you can ski the 13-kilometre descent down into Zermatt, Switzerland. Whichever direction you choose - Cervinia or Zermatt - this is one heck of a run which begins with enormous glacial fields and drops into steeper mogulled terrain. Due to its altitude, the ski runs from the Klein Matterhorn are consistently skiable from late November to mid-April. For something slightly shorter, try Cervinia's red Ventina piste, an 11.5-kilometre descent from Plateau Rosa.

http://www.cervinia.it/en/inverno/skiarea

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 31-12-18 10:38; edited 10 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
steve did you get any takers? I am considering a cheap week somewhere and have always fancied Cervinia. I am an intermediate skier. I would love to join a friendly group. I am in Scotland, can fly from Ed, Glas or Newc.
Jo Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
peeblesarmenian wrote:
steve did you get any takers? I am considering a cheap week somewhere and have always fancied Cervinia. I am an intermediate skier. I would love to join a friendly group. I am in Scotland, can fly from Ed, Glas or Newc.
Jo Very Happy

No Jo, you're the first to be interested.

If you can't get decent flights to Milan, you could always get to here first. Ashby de la Zouch I live - 8 miles from Donington Airport.

If you fancy it, we just need to find a few more.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
hi,

would be interested in this looking to go the same sort of time normally hit france or Austria so would be nice to
try somewhere different,47 year old male intermediate skier.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
richie44 wrote:
hi,

would be interested in this looking to go the same sort of time normally hit france or Austria so would be nice to
try somewhere different,47 year old male intermediate skier.

Nice one Richie.

Cervinia also means you get to ski Switzerland on the same ski pass too.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
yeah looks a pretty decent ski area especially the 20km run,should be interesting.
what airport in milan you looking at flying into as from south east so normally use
Stansted or southend.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
richie44 wrote:
yeah looks a pretty decent ski area especially the 20km run,should be interesting.
what airport in milan you looking at flying into as from south east so normally use
Stansted or southend.

That flight is to Milan Bergamo. It's actually gone down to £24 return. Been a long time since I've got flights for that price.

Return time is good:

12:25
BGY
2h 10

Direct

13:35

Flight there though is a bit late going out. I'd try and find a different flight, If it fitted in with others better.

14:00
EMA
2h 05

Direct

17:05
BGY

There's a flight at 06:45 from Birmingham I could take instead, which is only £42 one way.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Good flight from Stansted for £27. Nothing good from Southend.

08:05
STN
1h 55

Direct

11:00
BGY
ReturnSat, 2 Feb 2019

18:30
BGY
2h 10

Direct

19:40
STN
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If I took the earlier flight from Birmingham, that is to Milan Malpensa - which is about 35 miles nearer to Cervinia.

There's also flight to Milan Malpensa from Stansted for £31:

08:45
STN
1h 55

Direct

11:40
MXP
ReturnSat, 2 Feb 2019

21:40
MXP
1h 55

Direct

22:35
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
peeblesarmenian wrote:
Jo Very Happy

Hi Jo.

The only good direct flights seem to be from Edinburgh:

06:20
EDI
2h 25

Direct

09:45
BGY
ReturnSat, 2 Feb 2019

10:10
BGY
2h 40

Direct

11:50
EDI

That would have you in Bergamo, not Malpensa, but we could fetch you, or you could fly to East Midland/Birmingham, and join me on my flight.

I get the impression you may be female, as you posted in thread where a girl was looking for another female. I've organised trips like this several times with mixed groups, but they've always been larger groups in larger apartments. Most recently Morzine 2 years ago.

These small apartments tend to be pretty cosy, with one toilet, and one bedroom. We'd do our best to give you what privacy we could, and if you're happy with that, then great. If more people become interested, we could look for a larger apartment with more bedrooms/bathrooms(we've had designated male/female bathrooms before), and there is no privacy problem.

Small price to pay to ski Cervinia huh?

Smile
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If more people were interested. This apartment sleeps 8, has 3 bedrooms and 2 Bathrooms.

If 8 went, the apartment would be £192 each. Incredibly cheap, when you factor in flights and car hire too.

https://www.homeaway.co.uk/p8823052
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi Steve & Richie

Yes I am female. That flight from Edinburgh is also a very good price! So the apartment you found is £630 a week with two bedrooms? So ideally for this to work we need another female to share a room with me? I dont mind sharing one bathroom as long as you are both house trained!......how to we find another female then? Jo Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
peeblesarmenian wrote:
Hi Steve & Richie

Yes I am female. That flight from Edinburgh is also a very good price! So the apartment you found is £630 a week with two bedrooms? So ideally for this to work we need another female to share a room with me? I dont mind sharing one bathroom as long as you are both house trained!......how to we find another female then? Jo Very Happy

I guess house trained is subjective. I can lift and put down toilet seats, and flush - if that's all that's required Smile.

That apartment does have two bedrooms - but one room is double bed. When I researched it a bit deeper, I found(contrary to what I thought) it's a fair way out of Cervinia centre - probaly too far to walk. I'd prefer somewhere more central, and I'm sure I can find one(there's not just this site, but others and booking.com). Before anyone responded, I didn't see much point bringing it up. Now, I'll have a look for alternatives.

Not sure how we find another female. I'm not much of a charmer, but maybe one will stumble over this post.

Be great to make it happen though. I'm now liking the apartment I found above, which is central, does have 3 bedooms and 2 bathrooms - so another 4 or 5 would be ideal.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
peeblesarmenian wrote:
Hi Steve & Richie

Just another quick look. Found this one that sleeps 6, and is central. Only one bedroom, but that looks like it has 2 bunk beds. I guess the the other beds are sofa beds.

Lots of options - depending on how many wish to go.

https://www.homeaway.co.uk/p6665283
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi, I'm female, shared a trip like this before and it went very well. Do you still need another? Wendy
snow conditions
Mayflower wrote:
Hi, I'm female, shared a trip like this before and it went very well. Do you still need another? Wendy

Hi Wendy.

So far no-one has committed.

There are lots of apartment options. I don't favour the one in the first post anymore, as it's further from the centre than I thought. The two apartments in threads after are both very central. One has only one bedroom(with 2 bunks), and one bathroom, but there would easily be a way to have all guys in that room, or move one bunk out, and let the ladies have it.

Another apartment, sleeps up to 8, has 3 seperate bedrooms, and 2 bathrooms. That would be great, if we had more people go. Females could have thier own bedroom and bathroom, and we could hire a people carrier to get there(I've done that before - 9 seat Transit for 6 of us).

I saw Jo was looking for places for her son, and herself in another thread. Not sure his age, but don't really see any problem him joining us here.

Regards, Steve.
snow conditions
Hi all, I am unsure of what type of holiday I can get away with next year. I either take myself away for a cheap week in Jan/Feb/March or I go away with my son over Easter if I can find a teen friendly group....so I am kind of researching both at the moment! xoxox
snow conditions
peeblesarmenian wrote:
Hi all, I am unsure of what type of holiday I can get away with next year. I either take myself away for a cheap week in Jan/Feb/March or I go away with my son over Easter if I can find a teen friendly group....so I am kind of researching both at the moment! xoxox

No probs Jo.

Hope you find something that suits, one way or the other.
snow conditions
hi,anymore developments on this,looking to get something booked up for January soon.
latest report
richie44 wrote:
hi,anymore developments on this,looking to get something booked up for January soon.

No one has said definite.

I too am keen to get booked up, but I don't think there's too much need to panic. I don't think flight prices will go up too much, and I doubt there'll be a shortage of possible apartments.

I put a message on here two years ago, for a trip to Les Deux Alpes, and had people commit very quickly. I didn't put that up until January though. Before that, I put up an advert to fill an apartment of 8 in Soldeu(to join myself and a mate), and that was quickly filled too.
ski holidays
Double post

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Sun 2-12-18 9:35; edited 2 times in total
latest report
richie44 wrote:

Hi Richie.

Apartments are going fast it seems. 2 of the above I found are now gone.

There is little left for a group of 2, 3 or 4 close to the centre. There's still the real nice one, with 3 bedrooms that sleeps 8. There is this one. More expensive if we don't find a couple more to join us though, but has 5 beds: https://www.homeaway.co.uk/p6901081
snow report
I'd quite like to book, last time I did this we booked an apartment with 3 of us and found a fourth person later. Wendy
latest report
There don't seem to be many apartments available but here's one with 2 bedrooms, 4 beds. £480. I think we'd need to book soon. https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/30494215?location=Cervinia%2C%20Breuil%2C%20Aosta%20Valley%2C%20Italy&adults=4&check_in=2019-01-26&check_out=2019-02-02&s=Q5reT6GJ
Wendy
latest report
Mayflower wrote:
There don't seem to be many apartments available but here's one with 2 bedrooms, 4 beds. £480. I think we'd need to book soon. https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/30494215?location=Cervinia%2C%20Breuil%2C%20Aosta%20Valley%2C%20Italy&adults=4&check_in=2019-01-26&check_out=2019-02-02&s=Q5reT6GJ
Wendy

Hi Wendy. That apartment isn't actually in Cervinia, it's in Champoluc.

I don't mind booking. The one I posted above would be £320 if 3 shared, and £240 if 4 shared. Factor in Flights and car hire, you're still under £400, and not much more than £300 if we find another. If we find another female, you might have to snuggle up together in a double bed, unless we could shift the single into that room. Looks nice, can sleep up to five, but only 4 beds. Central to everything, and near lifts.

Richie not posted for a while. Perhaps he's found something.

Steve.
ski holidays
Mayflower wrote:
Wendy

Hi Wendy. That apartment isn't actually in Cervinia, it's in Champoluc.

I don't mind booking. The one I posted above would be £320 if 3 shared, and £240 if 4 shared. Factor in Flights and car hire, you're still under £400, and not much more than £300 if we find another. If we find another female, you might have to snuggle up together in a double bed, unless we could shift the single into that room. Looks nice, can sleep up to five, but only 4 beds. Central to everything, and near lifts.

Richie not posted for a while. Perhaps he's found something.

Steve.
ski holidays
Hi Steve, thanks for checking location! I'm not sure which one you are thinking of, when I clicked on the last link you posted it was quite expensive. Can you do the link again please.
latest report
Mayflower wrote:
Hi Steve, thanks for checking location! I'm not sure which one you are thinking of, when I clicked on the last link you posted it was quite expensive. Can you do the link again please.

The one above would be £960 for a week, meaning £320 each. like I said it's still below £400 for, Flights, Car and Apartment if 3 of us went. It's not much above £300 each, if 4 went.

https://www.homeaway.co.uk/p6901081
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ah I see what you mean, I generally pay £100 - £150 pp a week for an apartment but haven't rented in Italy, I stayed in Selva last time but was working so accommodation was free. I looked at flights last week £48 from East Midlands. If there are only 2 of us ready to commit I think maybe this is too expensive.
ski holidays
Mayflower wrote:
Ah I see what you mean, I generally pay £100 - £150 pp a week for an apartment but haven't rented in Italy, I stayed in Selva last time but was working so accommodation was free. I looked at flights last week £48 from East Midlands. If there are only 2 of us ready to commit I think maybe this is too expensive.

I'm surprised how few there are, and surprised how quick they are going. What would you think to £240 if we found another person?

There are cheaper ones, but they are a decent hike to the centre. There may be cheaper ones in Valtournanche down the road, I'm not sure. Last 2 I've booked have been £500 for 4 of us in Les Deux Alpes, and about £1000 for a big chalet in Morzine, with a lot of bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Cervinia does seem a bit more expensive than those places. I still think it's a bargain holiday though.
snow report
This one is slightly cheaper, central, and has 4 separate beds. Bunkbed in Bedroom it looks.

https://www.homeaway.co.uk/p8839136
ski holidays
Looks good. I'd be happy with that. Do you want to book it? I can send you a deposit or whatever. My email is tuesgirl.w@gmail.com
latest report
This one is slightly cheaper, central, and has 4 separate beds. Bunkbed in Bedroom it looks.

https://www.homeaway.co.uk/p8839136
latest report
Mayflower wrote:

I'm surprised how few there are, and surprised how quick they are going. What would you think to £240 if we found another person?

There are cheaper ones, but they are a decent hike to the centre. There may be cheaper ones in Valtournanche down the road, I'm not sure. Last 2 I've booked have been £500 for 4 of us in Les Deux Alpes, and about £1000 for a big chalet in Morzine, with a lot of bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Cervinia does seem a bit more expensive than those places. I still think it's a bargain holiday though.
snow report
The messages seem to be crossing. Could you email me? tuesgirl.w@gmail.com
snow conditions
Mayflower wrote:

No probs, I've emailed you
ski holidays
Mayflower wrote:

No probs, I've emailed you
latest report
Mayflower wrote:
Looks good. I'd be happy with that. Do you want to book it? I can send you a deposit or whatever. My email is tuesgirl.w@gmail.com

Sorry, I completely missed this post yesterday. I've also just rea your email. Where do you live? I'll check flights for us all.

I'll PM Richie later, see if he's still up for it, and wants me to book.

Maybe you won't like this idea, I don't know. One of the last two I looked out, would allow booking from Saturday to Sunday, giving 8 days skiing. It's something I often try and do, but usually end up in a hotel for one night. Is that something you'd be for, if there were flights on Sunday?

Steve.
ski holidays
Love to do 8 days. So yes. I live near Ludlow but have a sister near East Midlands so would be happy coming over there. Wendy
snow conditions
Ah just realised I have to be back by Sunday afternoon. Something that can't be changed, unless flights are really early on Sunday. Sorry!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy