Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone tried "Advanced Adult Ski Lesson Ski Xcellence "

Poster: A snowHead
at xscape, £72 a pop ?

Quote:
Three hours of intermediate & advanced ski instruction, incorporating video analysis and feedback in one of our comfortable conference rooms. An estimated one hour of the time will be dedicated to the feedback section of the session. Pre-booking is necessary to guarantee places. You MUST have the ability to do basic parrallel turns and control your speed and direction. For more information please call 0871 222 5671.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
But not at Milton Keynes Evil or Very Mad I'd definitely try that if it were.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Is this at Castleford? Sounds good fun, if a little expensive. Would be good if you got a CD with your turns edited together.
Do you have anymore details?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Royal, PM rockyrobin as I know he's been.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
cheers...

theres a couple of dates the weeks leading up to xmas if anyones going ?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Have you got any more details? Link?
I can't seem to find anything on the Xszape website. Puzzled
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
from the main home page click online booking log on and then do a search for ski lessons...

from there you casn search for dates and types of board/ski lessons snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cheers found it. That was a bit of a hassle. But I see you pasted ALL the information provided!
Sounds okay but only if there's no more than about four people on it. Otherwise I imagine you wouldn't get much instructor attention. Smile
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
markP, Instructor attention for a group up to about 8/9 is easily acheived at Xscape due to the time it takes to travel up the poma. The trick is for the instructor to remain on the hill & have the class circulating. One to one feedback can then easily be given either half way down or at the bottom of the slope.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sounds good, but very expensive. Three of those sessions and you could have a full course with a high quality ski school like snoworks.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Royal, i went on this at cas last night and i was very disappointed to be honest.

The group was very small, only 5 of us, so i thought the tuition would be spot on, however, he knew 2 of them very well as they had been on the course 8-9 times before.
This meant he attention was focused on them as he knew what they had done and what improvements they needed.

The instructor never bothered to ask what level i was at and just watched me for about 30 seconds before making wild assumptions about me.

I spent most of the lesson doing stuff that you would expect to have learned on about day 4, balance and position type exercises.
Ok I accept this is the very building blocks of skiing but come on, 2 hours doing this when youve spent £75 for advanced instruction ?

Then there was the video feedback session, what a waste of time.
I wanted to see where I was going wrong (as you would) but the instructor had only filmed me for about 10 seconds.
We then spent another 30 minutes listening to him talking about balance and stuff I already knew and what you can learn in a book.

I already knew all this, but as I said eariler, he didnt bother to knowledge check at the start.

We did recieve a handout in the form of a couple of bits of photocopied acticles from the daily mail, totally pathetic and someone elses work.

I came away feeling I had just wasted £75 and didnt even get to do much skiing.

I'd be interested to hear how other peoples experiences compare to mine ?

But I would definitely NOT do the ski excellence again.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
sdn, sounds like the guy didn't do his job well. From an instructor's point of view, I can understand that it may well be useful or necessary to spend a lot of time on basic exercises. You also don't need to ask or be told about level, (some information about injuries/health problems can be useful,) it really is obvious to an experienced eye. The crucial role for an instructor is to hold your interest and give you a sense of direction - he obviously failed on that account.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I think the main lump in my throat was due to the value for money aspect, you dont get a lot of info on the xscape website but the instructor tried to sell you the idea of coming on the course again and again...

I could have a one to one lesson at rossendale for less than half that price.

For £75 I came away feeling L'd been fleeced !
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
There's only so much you can get out of a one-off lesson, unless you ski all the time. £75 is very steep for a weekly class, you'd be better off joining a regular 'development' group at a dry slope.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Your right there, I never get ripped off twice !
snow report
Dont think I'll be trying that in a hurry then.
snow report
What certification did your instructor have?

What certification do the instructors at Xscape have that run the Ski Excellence courses?
snow report
From what I've heard on the grapevine, Xscape don't pay their instructors too well - so why would good instructors want to work there? Particularly in the winter. You'd potentially get better value for money and a better instructor at Rossendale. I know a guy who works their quite well and he's a great instructor with 14+ season's experience in the Alps. So if you're thinking of getting a lesson there PM me and I'll give you his name.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy