Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Just back from the Portes du Soleil... still in rapture...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Oh my word. You had to be there. Over the last 3 days we skied somewhere around 120 cm cumulative of the lightest fluffiest powder I've seen in a long time. Thigh deep in places and needed to give buddies enough space to let the powder trail dissipate or you couldn't see. A snorkel may have helped too.

Although so many people venture just-off piste these days we even managed to find some totally untracked pitches yesterday at lunchtime. Also, a number of usually undoable (because of cover needed) routes were skiable - e.g. saw tracks directly under the Prodains cable car.

OK, it's the vacances scolaires, so the lifts were busy and some of the popular blues and reds were unusually bumpy and icy (at the same time) just with traffic scraping off the new stuff. That said, the heavy snowfall Monday and Tuesday kept many people indoors (fools!) and around the quieter parts (Nyon, Les Gets and Mont Cheri) lift lines were avoidable or non-existent. Avoriaz a bearpit however.

In the morning though the pistes were perfect everywhere.

A local suggestion was that as every station pretty much is open with every lift running then for once there was actually adequate capacity for the peak weeks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have a friend who lives in Morzine and actually used the snorkel reference in an e-mail to me to descirbe the conditions (exactly they way you did). I'm heading out 5th March and hope things stay good..... can't wait
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy