Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flachau/Flachau Winkl/Zauchensee/Wagrain

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Need some advice on this area. Been the studying the Piste maps and trying to work out how easy it is to link between the areas. Can someone tell me if its easy (without walking miles etc) to link between Zauchensee and Flachau Winkle (other side of the road), also is it possible to ski from the Flachau mountain to Flachau Winkle area, don't think you can but the piste map is vague. Also if you ski from Flachau down to Wagrain how easy is it to cross the town to the other side of the valley for the other Wagrain mountain? Is it a real chore?

I am a low intermediate so don't want to have to struggle down blacksor moguls either!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
DRHOSKING,
There is a very short bus trip between Flachauwinkl and Zauchensee. I believe there are no pistes between Flachau and Flachauwinkl, can't help with the rest I am afraid.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dave - no you cant ski from Flachau to Flachauwinkl - skibus ride. If you ski from Flachau into Wargrain there is a shuttle bus to take you down the road and across the road to the other side of Wargrain which then links into Alpendorf. There is loads of skiing. You could do one area per day and not even cover it all. Stop worrying. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
An update. As of winter 2020/2021 there is a fast gondola (peak to peak) that links Flachau with Flachauwinkl.

For 2023/24 there should be a gondola link from Flachauwinkl to Zauchensee across the valley. If for some reason this isn't completed on time the 5 min shuttle bus will remain.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@BigJin, welcome to snowheads, this has been mentioned on the ski amade threads over the years. You just commented on a thread from 2007...16 years ago!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Random thread resurrections are one of the great joys of internet forums! Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Eh oh! Didn't realise how old the post was. But it did come up in a search - and thought someone might get misled!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@BigJin,

I'm so looking forward to your next post about Flachau in 2039. Toofy Grin wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm glad he revived the thread, as I was looking for the same information. So thanks Bigjin.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
biddpyat wrote:
I'm glad he revived the thread, as I was looking for the same information. So thanks Bigjin.

We have dedicated threads.

22/23: https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=160034&highlight=

23/24: https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=164785&highlight=
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy