Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Late Deals to Canada - which resort ?

Poster: A snowHead
Asking for some advice here guys and girls
Thinking of a late deal to Canada in early January 7 maybe 10 days
Group numbers 2-4 (1 or 2 couples)
Need somewhere that is inexpensive and good for mixed level (early intermediate wanting to increase confidence)
Had thought whistler as it is easy to get to from UK, but not that cheap.
Have we got any Fernie experts or what about big white?
Over to you, Happy Christmas
snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rob and sharon, I would suggest Banff, as being quite cheap and having quite a few last minute deals (winter is Banff's low season). Sunshine Village is good for intermediate and advanced skiers and has a nice mix of terrain. However beginning of Jan could be bitterly cold and you'd need to be prepared for that.

Big White would be a great place for intermediates wanting to gain confidence - it has great snow and pistes. However, it is not easy to get to, requiring an internal flight within Canada and also I don't think you will really get last minutes bargains due to the low numbers of British tour operators who go there. Same with Sun Peaks. I wouldn't have thought Fernie would be ideal from your description of the type of terrain you're looking for.

Banff would be your best bet if you're willing to take a gamble on the cold snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Banff, Fernie and Tremblant often seem to have the cheapest deals. Try Page 226 of ITV Teletext. Wrap up warm. It will be chilly in Canada in Jan.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
cathy, adn Whitegold, thanks for the advice.
We'd guessed it would be cold, but it's the only time we can all get off work Sad
Not sure about Banff as one of the group said they liked the idea of ski in ski out and I don't think Banff does this
will have a look at Tremblant
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I was looking the other day and was seeing 10 or 11 nights Room-only for £299 (flights from manchester). Accomodation not named, but you could specify your resort from Fernie, Panorama, Kimberly and Banff

From those, If you want ski-in ski-out I'd recommed Panorama - see Nadenoodles's thread for some more info on the resort
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rob and sharon, the only ski in and ski out in Banff is the Sunshine Inn, on the slopes at (you guessed) Sunhine. There's nothing else there after skiing's over, but if you want instant access to the slopes and a very quiet hotel, it could be good. I don't know about the bedrooms, but the public rooms are fine and the food is good. There are, I believe, 'apres ski activities' arranged, but once the gondola stops in the afternoon, you're pretty much stuck there. It'd be good fun for a few days, but not for a fortnight!

I'd recommend Banff over Panorama any day, BTW, unless ski in ski out is paramount. Or a week in each?[/url]
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We went to Kimberley and Panorama last year with Inghams a very good price and you should be able to get a late deal. Kimberley is probably better for early intermediates, but there is also some good skiing at Panorama. Also at Kimberley we had accommodation with private hot tub.

Both resorts are ski in, ski out
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
All
the other upside to staying in Banff is a _good_ selection of restaurants and bars.... compared to the other smaller resorts like Jasper.
(Whistler has lots, but then it is a purpose built resort).

Sunshine is about 30 mins from Banff via the 'included in ski pass' coach.

I would not recommend staying at Sunshine unless you want to have a hermit-like experience.

IIRC Whistler does have some 'ski out/in' accomodation, but not sure these are in the UK operators brochures....

The other area that has UK operators coverage now is Kicking Horse, but this can be challenging for the less adventurous, especially if the snow cover isn't good - it's also a VERY small resort....
h.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

very poor snow cover in Tremblant at present - recent thread in the snow reports section.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
As Cathy mentioned Big White, and Silver Star, are not really cheap options. Due to the travelling time and internal flights and also the limited number of beds. They fill up pretty quickly. I'd go along with the Banff suggestion , more late bargains to be had there. snowHead
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rob and sharon, I don't think you want to be going to Tremblant just yet. The west coast is looking loads better. Have you worked out doing the trip independently and not a package deal? www.alluradirect.com is a good source for accommodation. I don't know how rigid your dates are but I did a quick check on BA and Allura for departure Sun 14th Jan returning Wed 24th Jan and you can get flights for £400 and accommodation for about £250 per person. You 'd have to add on transfers but I don't think you could get much better from a package. You might even be able to 'negotiate' a discount on your accommodation as it hasn't gone yet wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
PS you always get charged an extra 6% when you book accommodation but you can claim the GST back at the moment (although this will change from April 2007)
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rob and sharon, by the way, this unit is an example of what's available for those dates http://www.alluradirect.com/68 In fact it would be cheaper as I worked it out at $2 to the £1 and the exchange rate is actually better than that. Also, the bus shuttle service is excellent in Whistler and you never have to wait more than about 10 minutes in the morning or afternoon. Plus from Glacier Creek it's probably less than 5 mins on the bus anyway. I always used to prefer walking but last season converted me (also it was probably Robbie snowHead that encouraged me too )
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
last I looked, going to Whistler was chuffing expensive compared to the current inghams offers....£299 flight and hotel room....

http://www.inghams.co.uk/Ski/general/gen_offers.html

regards,

Greg
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
pam w wrote:
Quote:

very poor snow cover in Tremblant at present - recent thread in the snow reports section.

Temps are dropping at Tremblant now so should hopefully be ok by Jan 7th. For a true ski-in ski-out try the Fairmont Tremblant.

Little Angel
snow report
ski miquel are doing some really good prices on packages to their place in whsitler - not ski-in ski-out but they do ferry you to the lifts

http://miquelhols.co.uk/latedeals.html
latest report
Tremblant can be as cold as Banff, and it's pretty limited for 10 days. Your best bet for a load of snow, without losing your sensitive extremities through frostbite, in January is probably Whistler.

Not cheap, but you get what you pay for.

kitenski, Price isn't everything. With Inghams you certainly get what you pay for (see posts passim ad nauseam).
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy