Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hotel in Verbier near the Medran ski lift

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone recommend a hotel near the Medran lift that is not to expensive for second week in Jan. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hotel Les 4 Vallees, about 2 mins walk from Medran. Not hugely expensive but not budget either. Unfortunately there aren't that many budget options that near the lifts. Real budget = The Bunker but that is down the bottom of town. At that time it might be worth ringing some of the more expensive options as they are unlikely to be full and you might get a bit of a deal. I've managed to get a room at the Rosalp before now in early Jan for £130 a night. Last time I stayed in the 4 Vallees (two seasons ago) it was £80 per night for the room in low season
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stortfordhal, Sadly "Verbier" and "not too expensive" and "hotel" rarely exist in the same sentence. Why do you need to be so close to the Medran, there's a fantastic ski bus service? Must it be an hotel? You'll get some decent chalet deals that week.

Alternatively stay in the Gietroz in Le Chable, which in real terms is about 12 minutes from the Medran and you never have to queue.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Budget is up to £80 per person per night. Want to go 11th to 14th. If the bus service is that good then there are more options I suppose!! Little Angel
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Definitely try the 4 Vallees then if that is your budget. I'm sure they will have something at that rate or under and they are fairly flexible on length of stay. The bus service is very good, regular and free but busy at the start and end of day. Other options probably in that price range are the Farinet and Rhodania Hotel. Farinet is on the Place Centrale so about 5-7 mins walk to Medran, Rhodania is a bit further down, probably 10 mins from Medran
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks. Will try 4 Vallies.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I stayed at Le Chamois a few years ago, I think it was a 3 star. Family run, good food, about 2 minutes walk from Medran lift. Would stay there again.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Gietroz Hotel is about £32 per night per person, so obviously too cheap forstortfordhal, wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ha!! Ha!! Will lower my buget and email Hotel Gietroz, thanks. I emailed 10 hotels there and they all knocked me back saying would only do a full week booking at the moment...... which is fair enough!! Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy