Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs -is this heresay

Poster: A snowHead
rob@rar, skanky, The Squirrel will be ready and waiting of course!
We open on Monday so raring to get going.... and the snow-dances have started, with moderate success....

BTW, we have a TexMex menu now as well as the best burgers in the Alps Very Happy
Very pretty barmaids as well, so text me on 0678364455 if you want to time your arrival to be served by a pretty girl rather than a bald bloke !!! (not done the rota yet wink )
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
flying_squirrel, difficult to organise at the moment, so tell you what, pm us the rota and we'll organise around that... wink
We'll let you know when we'll be there though. If you're not working you can join us. snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
skanky, definately.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mr. Squirrel, sir....

I notice you have "access to superbly located holiday accommodation that would otherwise be hard to find ".

None of them would happen to offer long-weekend accomodation would they? Blush ...it seems almost impossible to find in that area Sad
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Les Arcs is great it's got a bit of every thing. I'll be there in 22 days and can't wait to get on the slopes, lets just hope there's a big dump over the next week or so.

Little Angel
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hezza, the only long weekend possibility I know of is in the hotel Vanoise - is right on the pistes, and within easy walk of ski hire, bars and restaurants - www.hotel-la-vanoise.com.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Having been to all three resorts, LA more recently, T Bar's depiction in mind is exactly the way I recall them. No one should be disappointed by going to any of these three.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
PP wrote:
Having been to all three resorts, LA more recently, T Bar's depiction in mind is exactly the way I recall them. No one should be disappointed by going to any of these three.

Well the option booked was St Anton in March Very Happy The compromise on Les Arcs was that we would go there when one of the members brings his familyh again. He has a free pass this year as his wife is pregant and Les Arcs would offer skiing for his wife and 2 boys when they come again. The Les arcs trip was better value for moeny and cheaper but have always wanted to go to St anton and so am happy. First time skiing in austria Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Does anyone know how good a place Les Granges is for Les Arcs?

Is it a good base? have a few bars? Easy to get onto the lift systems etc?

cheers
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
you get into the lift system using the funicular up to 1600, it's a halfway stop. I noticed last year that not all of them stop there, so you might want to try and root out a timetable to see how convenient it would be. My impression is that it is pretty quiet and not a lot of skiing down to it. Might be better just staying in Bourg.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pendodave wrote:
Might be better just staying in Bourg.

I agree. I don't think there's anything at La Grange other than a few chalets and a small car park. If you're happy to use the funicular at the start and end of the day you might as well base yourself in BSM where you will have a wide range of bars and restaurants to choose from. The funicular only takes 7 minutes to get from BSM to Arc 1600.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'd agree with that I think Les Grange would be a nice place to stay if your looking for a quiet mountain village location.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:
I noticed last year that not all of them stop there,

I *think* it's a request stop.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skanky wrote:
Quote:
I noticed last year that not all of them stop there,

I *think* it's a request stop.

That's right, but not all the trains will stop for you, even if you ask nicely.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I would definitely ask nicely if that gave me any extra chance.

I am looking at a week in a catered chalet in Les Granges. I was hoping for at least one bar for a beer after dinner. I am struggling to find a catered chalet for exclusive occupancy with 4 bedrooms with en suite facilites anywhere decent. Somewhere with a short transfer as we are taking a 20 month old, close to slopes etc.

It is never easy Smile but I am very open to suggestions.
ski holidays
Blindside wrote:
I would definitely ask nicely if that gave me any extra chance.

Most trains stop. For example, 26 of the 38 trains stop each day on the way up the hill if there is a request to do so.
snow conditions
[quote="Blindside"]Does anyone know how good a place Les Granges is for Les Arcs?

Funicular stops as a request stop - There are rare occasions where you will have to go down to Bourg and back up again to get out but not many - However skiing home can be a bit bony and icy unless there has been a big dump

Not sure if there is even a bar there - I have never seen one - if your happy with the funicular each day then bite the bullet and stay down in Bourg
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy