Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2024 French air traffic control chaos

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
French strikers are causing air chaos, for anyone planning a sneaky last minute trip to the Alps.

The govt. should fold as the Olympics are coming up.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This weeks strike has already been cancelled though there will still be cancellations in and out of Paris in the main.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ryanair have cancelled 300 flights tomorrow because of the strike. BA have cancelled a bucketful out of London to France.

Edit. Lots of Easys to France cancelled as well
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
andmelffion wrote:
This weeks strike has already been cancelled though there will still be cancellations in and out of Paris in the main.

yes it is a tactic - call the strike then cancel at the last minute. Travel disruption already programmed but your members don't lose pay. The SNCF unions have similar schemes to maximum disruption at minimum cost.

For info: French ATC workers earn up to 9000 euros per month. They get a base of 25 days holiday per year but earn 1 day of holiday for 1 day worked so effectively work around 100 days per year, which can include weekends and unsocial hours. They work a 32 hour week and retire at 59.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@davidof, to which I can only say

W-T-F ??!!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Of the various safety related job roles which are well remunerated and from which people retire before their faculties deteriorate, then ATC is definitely one I would vote for. Perhaps it’s more appropriate to ask how much Boeing execs are being paid and why on earth they have been introducing flawed aircraft which kill people and oversee QA processes which are building ‘time bomb’ failures into airframes?

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2024/apr/17/boeing-whistleblower-safety-hearing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I flew back on EJ from Geneva yesterday. The pilot did mention the issues, but it only cost us around a 20 minute delay. Definitely could have been worse.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
valais2 wrote:
Of the various safety related job roles which are well remunerated and from which people retire before their faculties deteriorate, then ATC is definitely one I would vote for.

certainly moving people out of front line roles by 55 would be sensible but is it like the 1970s where ATC were crashing planes into each other all the time? I would have expected there to be a computer system actually making sure the ATC bods don't fly planes on collision course.

That said I know two French ATC retirees. Very well off but both have heart problems.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy