Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

crazy late season - tempted

Poster: A snowHead
Clearly it’s been a pretty epic late season, just possibly formulating a last min trip next week to Val Thorens which closes on the 5th May. Pretty sure snow will be plentiful if soft from about 2500 down looking at forecast. BUT just wondering if any of the bars restaurants and shops will be open, will anyone else actually be there! Toofy Grin
For the 2 of us Can get flights for £160 car hire £100 and accommodation is plentiful around £350 mark - so deffo good value.
Never been anywhere near this late - although was in VT for bash a couple of years ago mid april.
Thoughts?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@neilkav, I think there will be people. Shops, restaurants and services will be open too-though whether that will be all of them may be another matter. Mr P is heading out there at the end of next week, ostensibly for a dentist's appointment in Meribel on the Friday*, but I think the real reason is to ski. There's been shed loads of snow in VT for the whole season, so there will be good skiing to be done (I was last there 11th April). My guess is lots of people will come up for the odd day or weekend given it's the last chance for lift served skiing before November. I'm not sure whether they start to reduce the extent of the lifts that are open towards the end of the season (staff numbers reduce towards the end), but if it's determined only by snow conditions, I think the whole resort should be open.

* He needs an extraction and an implant and he has found a good dentist in Meribel (was a professor of dentistry at Montpellier Uni) who is cheaper than here in the UK. He does however fail to factor car hire and flights into his calculation... Cool rolling eyes
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@neilkav, I've skied around 1st/2nd May before in Val Thorens, and don't remember anything being closed at all. It felt like a normal ski weekend, just a bit quieter. All the lifts were open and the snow was fantastic (and it's been a better snow year this year).
We went thinking it was going to be like Easter/Spring skiing on steroids, with softer snow turning to slush by mid-afternoon but after a sunny first afternoon, it was pretty mild and overcast for the rest of the trip. Felt more like a late Feb day than a early May one!

You'll have a great time!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Don't even give it a second thought! If I had the available leave from work I'd be out like a shot!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thank you!!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Go for it

Wish I could
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Don't know about VT, but
https://en.tignes.net/events/highlights/spring-break
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@neilkav, a mate of mine is in Hintertux this week on a BASI mountain safety course, he text me this morning to say it's crazy and they're skiing around in hip deep powder. Seems as though i've not timed my week back in the UK perfectly Shocked Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Some crazy footage coming from Stubsi glacier and Engelberg
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6JZKRCMyKg/?igsh=cTB1dWhpMDd1cWV4
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just left tignes. Conditions are excellent
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just left Val Thorens yesterday and it has really great conditions. Great idea.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yep do it. Got back from Les Deux Alpes a couple of days ago and conditions were excellent above 2500m and more than good enough above 2000m. Up on the glacier was like mid winter.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I am in ValTho at the moment.
For the first time after many Aprils here (EOSB etc.) this week feels like real winter.
Cold temperatures with low rain/snow lines.
Cloudy skies for most of the day and light snow.
Looks like it will get a bit warmer by Sunday and Monday.
The only local chairlift that's finished for the season is Boismint.
All restaurants are open, mountain and resort.
Oh, Folie Douce has ended its season the last Sunday but that's not a place we stop for more than a few minutes
Edited to attach a photo of Oxalys this very morning

snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
thanks so much everyone - here comes google!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We're currently in l2a, great conditions, no slush so far this week. Everything above 2100m is open apart from Fee. Plenty of terrain and no lift queues. However I understand they're shutting everything but the glacier after this weekend despite fantastic conditions.
snow conditions
Pierre Grosse, Thuit and Vallee Blanche are also closed too @Canuck, though still lots to go at as you say. I thought downloading might be busy but there’s not enough traffic to make it a problem. There were still the odd few people trying to ski back to the resort too when I was there Shocked
ski holidays
Heading out to Ischgl on Saturday for 5 nights and 4 days skiing taking in the Top of the Mountain closing concert on the 30th. Last day skiing is on May the 1st. Practically the whole resort is open with some fantastic snow conditions.We've been there late on several occasions and Ischgl always delivers the goods snow wise. We were in Zermatt 10 days ago and that's another place for great late season snow. The Stubai Glacier is also skiing well at the moment and that closes the middle of next month.
snow report
I left VT yesterday. Given that i busted my collar bone on the first day, i didn't ski, but my mates did. Hardly stopped snowing until yesterday. Hero snow everywhere apparently, though i believe the temps are up a bit after the weekend.
latest report
@TheMikeSki, Sorry to hear about your bad luck, it happened to me back in April 2017 in Zermatt, heli rescue job and 4 nights in Visp hospital requiring an operation to plate up and screw together a shattered shoulder and a snapped humerus whilst my friends were able to carry on skiing. It absolutely sucks I hope you heal up quickly. One thing I would say is that you will no doubt require physio when you get back home, make sure you do this to the T, it worked for me and I was skiing the following January. Good luck and always remember it could have been a lot worse.
snow conditions
@TheMikeSki,

Collar bone Breaks/Injury

By far the greatest type of Injury & increasing in the last few seasons in Austria.......

Something to do with Helmet use and the way people fall (interference with natural body motion)...

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ischgl is Open until May 1st

Still Top to Town Skiing possible as always Very Happy

Big Concert on the Hill 30th April

https://www.ischgl.com/en/Events/Top-Events/Top-of-the-Mountain-Closing-Concert_topevent_42210615

and Legendry End of Season Closing Apres Sk

May 1 22/23

http://youtube.com/v/c--ukSSVAbE?

http://youtube.com/v/i0qp-QBkBwo?

http://youtube.com/v/4gCvNF9hY3Q?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy