Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wanted Atomic B-tech 120s 2010-11

Poster: A snowHead
Help me snowHeads, you're my only hope.

Has anyone got an old pair of Atomic B-tech 120 ski boots or similar lying around in their wardrobe?

If so I'd like to buy them off you for spare parts.

Thanks in advance,

Kramer.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Kramer,

Many many on eBay
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
valais2 wrote:
@Kramer,

Many many on eBay

Not at the moment there aren't, but I've set up an email reminder.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Kramer, ah does it have to be 120 flex and that particular year?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@valais2, I’m not sure. I’ve lost one of the tilt lozenges that screw into the back, and as the boots are otherwise still good, I’m looking to replace it from another old pair.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I would scour the photos of the various pairs on ebay; it may be a common part.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
valais2 wrote:
I would scour the photos of the various pairs on ebay; it may be a common part.

That’s exactly what I’ve done, and I’m pleased to say that I think I’ve found it. Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Kramer, hurrah!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
11 year old boots tho?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Still working fine. Comfortable too.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
11? Pah, that's nothing, mine are 14yo. Also working fine and comfortable, following a small fettle at S4F.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yeah, mine are probably 14 years old too. They’re not collapsing so no need to change them.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Hurtle, ...in the cupboard I have two year old Full Tilts, various new Atomics, and some new Dalbellos. What do I always reach for and ski on? My 2013 Lange RX. Just bought some new touring boots though....
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@valais2, wow. Dare one ask how many pairs of skis you have?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Hurtle, ...er....let me think...quite a few.

The Grom has a park board, a powder board and a piste board. And some park skis. And some piste skis. And some all mountain skis. And some touring skis.
I think I might have more than that but my love of my full rocker Mantras makes my memory a little hazy...
Don't get started on the mountain bikes around the place....

My partner came into the workshop and saw a new frame in the bike stand and with me obviously about to do a new build.

'What's that?'
'A jump bike'
'What's it for?'
'Jumping'
'Anything else?'
'No'
Rolling eyes and backing out of the workshop....

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Sun 31-03-24 11:34; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Shocked Laughing Laughing
snow report
Skis I always found quite easy to resist n+1 as it was enough of a PITA to take one pair on holiday with me.

Bikes, I’m not so successful at resisting and am currently running at 3.
ski holidays
@Kramer, ....yes we don't have to haul them around so we exercise a lot less discipline....
snow report
@Kramer,
Quote:

Skis I always found quite easy to resist n+1 as it was enough of a PITA to take one pair on holiday with me.

+1. It's why I've stuck to a pair of All Mountain skis for a while.
ski holidays
@valais2, there’s also the fact that there isn’t really a bike equivalent of the all-mountain do-it-all ski.
ski holidays
@Kramer, indeed
latest report
@valais2, why do you have so many boots Puzzled

I mean, I can accept: race pair; fun pair; touring pair; ski-mo* pair… but yours don’t fit that profile now, do they?

Anyway, you can buy +/- do anything boots these days
latest report
* ski-mo only has “ski” in the name as, technically, skis are involved, but it’s not skiing
latest report
@valais2, What size FullTilts do you have?
ski holidays
@BiggieSmallsNZ, between the Grom and I....three pairs of 26 and one 27.

One of the brown and green limited edition 26 B&E evolution Tongue 6 102 last intuition wrap - not Grip Walk
http://www.zuzupopo.com/xe/index.php?document_srl=182141&mid=news&listStyle=viewer&page=3One black B&E evolution shell

One black 26 B&E tongue 6 intuition wrap - not GW
https://www.skibartlett.com/ski-boots-c4/ski-boots-c14/recreational-boots-c114/full-tilt-b-e-pro-ltd-ski-boot-2020-p17488

One grey and black 26 Descendant evolution Grip Walk shell with 6 and 10 tongues and not the wrap but a tongue-based liner - the 90 model on the right here

http://youtube.com/v/A4dXo5GJVio

Then an additional 27 Descendant just in case the Grom grows.
latest report
@under a new name,

OK - you did ask...
The main problem is that is that for years I had a couple of pairs of boots - 'on the hill' (snug) and 'standing around waiting for the Groms' (relaxed) boots. Simple.
Then I stopped needing to be around them as infants and they could ski alongside me. Fine...so I had a pair of soft Salomon 1080s and some firmer Tecnicas. Simple.
Although the 1080 liners were exhausted and the Tecnicas actually a bit too big. Drat.
My feet are an issue since I have BIG bunions from wrecking my feet climbing - those Chilli shoes are small, very small - and from getting frostbite.
But I also wanted to have two or three pairs to avoid absolutely hammering the liners, since we do 6-10 weeks a year. Liners do seem to last longer overall if you can run two or several pairs of boots. Still simple.
Bought some Lange RX - excellent. Had some Atomic Hawk Magna - which I bought in 26 although I knew that they were a bit long, but no one in the UK had 25s. Bought some FT B&Es just to see what they were like. Complicated.
Then the Grom grew feet the same size as mine. Suddenly the FTs seemed to always be on his feet. And then the Hawks. That's when it got really complicated.
I bought an extra FT B&E so I could actually use them, then pair of Descendants sicne they were cheap. And an extra pair in 27 since the Grom loved them and it looked like he might reach 27 mondo. He hasn't. He has stopped at 25-26. Oh.
I have managed to retain the exclusive rights to the Lange - now 10 years' old with ragged but functioning liners. But they are not going to last much longer. They have been SO good and done thousands of m of vertical.
We have both decided the Atomics in 26 are too big....so ebay yielded some knackered 25s for testing, at 20gbp. Yep...we need 25. So I bought two pairs 110 and 130 at 50gbp each - and one 110 at 175. All new. Had them professionally fitted and they seem very good. These will fit both of use and any pair will be fair game for either of us in the morning.
Oh and I was offered some new Dalbello Panterras for ...er....30chf. Churlish not to say 'yes'.
And then we started touring...so two new pairs of professionally-fitted XTDs....
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy