Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowboard length advice pls - returning after kids!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Snowboarding agais after a hiatus of 3 children (and don't live near mountains) so been out a while until 2023.

I need a new board
1) it's old and pre children
2) I am heavier that I was
3) Ive lost confidence and want a beginner - progressive board
4) confidence lacking due to being out for a while but also a lovely skier crashed into me flipped me over and knee smashed on icy mountain. Thankful for armour! Damage lasted ~12mth

Stats:
- 5"3 / 160 cm
-60-61kg
- height to chin 140cm
- Height to nose 146xm

Looking at boards that suggest 142 or 146 when done by weight and ignoring height eg nitro lectra

The 142 seems to be <60kg

I would like the reassurance of stability at higher speed (see confidence lacking)

But catch 22 is that I freak out on tight turns so don't want a board that's "too long" (see confidence lacking).

Any idea what size or suggestions... pls...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
the first you have to check for a new board, is how big are your boots.
Then the combination "for what use-weight" and then the height
if your boot lenght is e.g. 25 you have to buy something with waist width 20 ... not less. otherwise you have boot out
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@CYBERLILLY, If I may I be blunt - you wrote the answer to your question multiple times in your post...

Confidence.

You don't need a beginner board, you don't need a newer board, you need your confidence back - find a good one-to-one snowboarding coach and take a day or two with them, get your head back then see where your riding is - You may be pleasantly surprised.

But if you do want to scratch your new gear itch, why not start at your boots - boot tech had come on a long way and pregnancy can change your feet quite a bit and your calf shape may have changed so get into a store and try on some new boots and get a proper footbed. Good boots can make you feel much more connected to whatever you're riding too.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
you have to start with your boots.
FInd your MP, and then try as many boots as possible. When you find the boots, then check the Length of the outside of the Boots, and you have to find a board with WW at least 5cm less as your boots length. Then according with your weight-height etc you can find the board you need
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Female snowboard camp to recapture the joy maybe? Or day in the 'Dome with instructor?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
i'd agree with the above re confidence.
if your old boots still fit, there's a strong case to be made to go out on your old gear. you might be surprised how well you get on. it's like riding a bike. you - (well your muscles) never forget.

(my wife and I both go straight back into it last year after a 12 year gap due to kids)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy