Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

maurienne

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
am going to be orelle over easter and am thinking of doing 3 -4 days in 3 valleys and then maybe going to do a couple of days in some of the smaller resorts.... bonnveal Sur arc for instance...... I've skied le norma but thats it..... is it a good plan and where would you go?

cheers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@ajc2260626,
I've skied the Maurienne a couple of times over Easter and had very good skiing, once in what was generally a poor snow year and once in a good snow year.
Best places will depend on the weather and the freeze that w cycle. I once spent a memorable Easter Saturday on virtually deserted pistes skiing untracked on piste powder in Val Cenis, rain in the valley and an apparently low cloud line was putting people off.
I've really enjoyed Bonneval, Val Cenis, Orelle and Valloire. Val frejus had good terrain but when we went the best runs hadn't softened up enough to be truly enjoyable.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
weather dependant - so prob just stick to VT!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Gored wrote:

If the weather is poor at altitude this will be poor advice.
If the weather is good at altitude chances are Bonneval will be just as good as VT and a lot less crowded, though also less extensive.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
T Bar wrote:
Gored wrote:

If the weather is poor at altitude this will be poor advice.
If the weather is good at altitude chances are Bonneval will be just as good as VT and a lot less crowded, though also less extensive.

This…Bonneval needs a clear day as there is very little tree cover same as Val T. Val Cenis is worth a visit and should have pretty good snow cover above 1800m.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Probably a bit late now, but I chatted about Val Cenis and Bonneval with Katja Gaskell in Episode 207 of The Ski Podcast
https://theskipodcast.com/resorts/val-cenis/207-val-cenis-haute-maurienne-and-skiing-in-slovenia/
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@iainm, cheers I will have a look later

we tried a few of the resorts whilst we were out there..... where we were staying in orelle it meant it was easy to get to see them.....

bonneval, val cenis and valmiener...... probably like val cenis the best as some trees and suited my two young kids.....
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy