Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Valtournenche

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just got back from Valtournenche - we struggled to get some info before we left - so I hope this is useful for others -

There is a free ski bus from Valtournenche village to the Valtournenche gondola ( Green line ) - very reliable and stops along the main high street with timetables posted / the return bus stops in the middle of the car park by the gondola to return home

Buses from Valtournenche to Cervinia - we only found 1! at 10 am - and there are 3 to return home from the bus station in Cervinia (10 min walk from the Cervinia gondola) - Blue Line 17:15 18:45 20:30 - about 2 euros - use cash if possible - lots of cards don't read on the drivers machine - we didn't try a taxi - it's quite a drive so expensive

You can get ski passes at the Valtournenche gondola - Val only / Val and Cervinia / Val Cervinia and Zermat - half days / 1 day / 2 day / weekly - you can buy from a machine or the kiosk - reloadable passes - the ladies where very helpful in the kiosks

The ski hire place at the gondola was good - efficient and friendly enough

Valtournenche was very quiet - just a few restaurants and bars - we did like Bar Berthod

Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Hanna1970, thanks for this. I stayed there for a couple of nights a fair few years ago and really liked it, albeit that it’s strung along the switchbacks of the main road.
Luckily we had a hire car so the minimal bus service didn’t impact us and loads of big car parks in Cervinia as well.
There were a few cute bars and restaurants fwir and ,as usual in Italy, they insisted on giving you tonnes of snacks for free even if you had ordered the smallest beer!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy