Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Åre Ski Bus and Non Skier Activities

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm currently planning an extended family holiday to Åre next year for a mixed group of skiers and non skiers. Most of the suitable accommodation we can find is in the outer areas rather than town centre; Tegefjall, Duved, Svedje those sorts of places. What would the logistics be like for people getting around from their without a car?

I know the areas are all linked by ski bus but can pedestrians use these too? Skistar website states they are free with a lift pass but no mention of if they can be used for non skiers, if you can buy a bus ticket or pass etc.

Also open to any ideas for activities for non skiers, they are a fairly active bunch and enjoy hiking etc, I've found some spas and saunas so I'm sure they won't get bored but always open to other options from those in the know.

One last thing, does the lift pass cover night skiing? There's no mention of any additional cost for this on the websites but this would be fairly standard in the alps in my experience.

Any other hints, tips and advice for an Åre first timer would be gratefully received.

Thanks snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Been a few years since I went but you wereeant to swipe your lift pass on the scanner as you got on the bus. That said it never seemed to be checked.

We took the ski bus a few times when we were dressed in civvies with no kit and they dodo not bother

Night skiing was covered when we were there on the normal ticket from memory. We never tried it as I was tired enough by that stage.

I did some ice driving, you can do husky sledding, skidoo trips, there is a chocolate factory and a few other things.

It's a lovely place to go, super friendly as you would expect.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@GottaCatchEmAll, the buses were usually on time and did the job (except if the road was totally snowed) when we were there. Make sure your accommodation is near an actual ski bus stop though - we weren't and some drivers wouldn't stop. Shocked

We never got asked for a pass that I remember.

Duved is a lovely little area in its own right and not too bad on the bus down to Are centre. I'd head there if you can.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
A couple of recent trip reports which might help!

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=5120969&highlight=#5120969

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=5119003&highlight=#5119003
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy