Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

EasyJet 2024/2025 flights, released when?

Poster: A snowHead
Also - consider flying out on the Friday. There are often late evening flights and the cost of a hotel that night might well be justified by the saving on air fare. If you are DIY it is also worth a polite note to your accommodation to explain you actually arrive on the Friday and if they end up being free for that night that would be great. Something that has worked out for us more often than not.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@franga, Milan flights have gone up a bit but still very good value for HT!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We tried to book Saturday to Saturday, Edinburgh to Geneva for next January. Weekend flights were expensive as soon as they were released Confused

Have opted for Fri-Fri instead, which isn't so good from an annual leave point of view but saved £100pp.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
zikomo wrote:
@franga, Milan flights have gone up a bit but still very good value for HT!

Thank you very much, very helpful. Yes - have just booked Thursday to Friday. easyJet flight on Thursday night is at 19:50 which gives us time to pick kids up from school ... return flight is at 14:50 which would mean an early departure from resort (if we head to Austria) but that's fine. £665 for 4 for 6.5 days on the slopes - not bad at all. Flying to GVA on same dates would have cost us £1.6K.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi
Does anyone know if easyJet have stopped the Bristol to Turin route? Have used this route a number of times over the years but no dates were released this morning. Can’t seem to get a straight answer out of easyjet. Help please
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@franga, yes, loads of hotels near or on site, just don’t rely on their early morning shuttle to the terminal, best to keep hold of the hire car from my experience.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
TOOTIE wrote:
Hi
Does anyone know if easyJet have stopped the Bristol to Turin route? Have used this route a number of times over the years but no dates were released this morning. Can’t seem to get a straight answer out of easyjet. Help please

RyanAir does Turin. Dont think EJ has done Turin since covid.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just flew with them to Turin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I’ve refused to pay these prices for each season post 2020, it’s hyper inflation from EasyJet in the three weeks from mid December and anything around HT. We’re not tight, previously we were usually paying over a grand for 4 with hold luggage anywhere near school holidays. But imho this has got greedy, I do realise it’s supply n demand.

We still fly but are flexible about days of travel eg Thursdays, making a longer trip skiing or exploring a city like Munich first, open to any airline flying from LGW or LHR, open-minded about overseas airports and have flown dog leg connecting flights eg LGW to Hamburg to Salzburg to save £ 4-figures.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
geoffknight wrote:
@franga, yes, loads of hotels near or on site, just don’t rely on their early morning shuttle to the terminal, best to keep hold of the hire car from my experience.

Good advice. Easyjet is back in Terminal 2 and most car hire is from the main terminal. It's no biggie as plenty of parking outside the Easyjet terminal to drop off passengers and luggage while you take the car to Terminal 1 (5-10 mins or so drive). There is a frequent free shuttle to take you back to Terminal 2.

Novotel is near. It's a bit tired in places but reasonable priced, we had a pleasant stay and a surprisingly good meal there this year. Plenty of other options within 10 mins of the airport.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Gored wrote:
TOOTIE wrote:
Hi

RyanAir does Turin. Dont think EJ has done Turin since covid.

I flew EJ Bristol to Turin return two weeks ago, hope they haven’t now dropped it as it’s such a good option
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Think it has been dropped for 24/25
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@TOOTIE, Looks like it. On the website the only Turin flights available from Bristol are package holidays. No flight only options post March 2024
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Next question - when are the next set released? Smile
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@denfinella, I booked my Feb/March flights on 17/5 last year so mid-May would be my guess.
snow conditions
@andy from embsay, thanks!
snow conditions
zikomo wrote:
geoffknight wrote:

Good advice. Easyjet is back in Terminal 2 and most car hire is from the main terminal. It's no biggie as plenty of parking outside the Easyjet terminal to drop off passengers and luggage while you take the car to Terminal 1 (5-10 mins or so drive). There is a frequent free shuttle to take you back to Terminal 2.

Novotel is near. It's a bit tired in places but reasonable priced, we had a pleasant stay and a surprisingly good meal there this year. Plenty of other options within 10 mins of the airport.

There are plenty of hire car options at Milan Malpensa Terminal 2

I'll come back and edit this post later to link to the other thread where this was discussed and I listed all the options, but they're in the train station
latest report
denfinella wrote:
Next question - when are the next set released? Smile

I think you just need to keep an eye on it as it's varied over the last few years.

As @andy from embsay says last year was 17th May, the year before was 19th May - so that seems to be the most reliable theory.

However, it's only two data points - pre-Covid the flights didn't come out till September, then as the dust settled after Covid in 2021 (for March\April 22 flights), it went to late Feb as they released early to claw back as much money as possible, before settling on May in the last 2 years.
latest report
@Handy Turnip, noted. No doubt it'll be mentioned in advance by someone on here wink
snow report
In previous years has anyone seen a decent sale/reduced price at any point? I’m not going to pay the current cost for over new year so trying to figure out if I wait, or just choose an alternative date. We literally flew to Florida for less than they want from Aberdeen to Geneva Laughing
snow report
@damanpunk,
They wont drop peak dates. Might find something eitherside, but New Year is school term time - so peak time.
snow report
@damanpunk, the glasgow flight were really cheap compaired to edinburgh. Worth looking
snow conditions
Thanks chaps, I’ve got alerts setup for all the Scottish airports. I’m definitely not in a rush to book now Laughing
ski holidays
Watching this thread carefully for April 2025 flights. The 'flag carrier' airlines like BA and Swiss already have some of the Easter holiday up and Saturday prices are looking pretty punchy on the main routes (Gatwick to Lyon/Geneva)! I am hoping the release of the EJ flights might bring them down a bit.
snow report
snowhound wrote:
Watching this thread carefully for April 2025 flights. The 'flag carrier' airlines like BA and Swiss already have some of the Easter holiday up and Saturday prices are looking pretty punchy on the main routes (Gatwick to Lyon/Geneva)! I am hoping the release of the EJ flights might bring them down a bit.

Punchy is not the word I would use...

Absolutely insane was closer to the mark, I am shocked by the. I was also looking at Lufthansa into Munich but it isn't returning any direct flights, only with a change in Frankfurt
snow report
@NickyJ, Yep, minimum prices of £150-200 for direct Saturday flights is right up there with what's being asked for NY/half term.
snow conditions
@snowhound, is that £150 for a return ticket? If so, it doesn't sound that punchy for Easter school hols.
snow report
@Handy Turnip, No, one way (outward only available at the moment). And last flight in the evening. £200-250 during the day.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@snowhound, okay that is a punchy one way price!

When easyJet release there's we'll be hoping to pick up a mid-morning flight Gat-Gen for a return price of about £150-£200.
snow report
At the moment easyJet for me is £370 p/p return without any baggage added Mad
snow conditions
@Handy Turnip, I skied last week flying Sat-Sat return on Swiss (Gatwick-Geneva), £180 return, nice flight times. Booked a year ago. Doesn't look like I'll be getting anything similar this year.
x 4 for family in 2025 = lots of £££££
snow conditions
damanpunk wrote:

But not for Easter next year, as easyJet haven't released their flights yet?
ski holidays
snowhound wrote:
@Handy Turnip, I skied last week flying Sat-Sat return on Swiss (Gatwick-Geneva), £180 return, nice flight times. Booked a year ago. Doesn't look like I'll be getting anything similar this year.
x 4 for family in 2025 = lots of £££££

It's not looking particularly promising if the other airlines are quoting higher prices - fingers crossed if we get on early on release day then they'll still be some good prices to be had.
latest report
Handy Turnip wrote:
damanpunk wrote:

But not for Easter next year, as easyJet haven't released their flights yet?

Nah sorry I’m still in new year mode, I’ll be back to moan when I find out Easter prices too Laughing
snow report
@damanpunk, Laughing
snow report
Airlines are currently struggling to get hold of aircraft due to a global shortage. This is only going to send ticket prices one way...

For example next Easter school holiday, BA are actually _cutting_ routes to ski destinations. Presumably they will be flying to more lucrative 'summer' destinations instead Sad
latest report
I suspect the days of widespread bargain prices are over, sure there will be some which if you’re prepared to be flexible you’ll get a decent price but the hotspots are always going to attract a premium.

I’m looking out for Easter 2025 and Jet2 are quoting £272pp for Manchester to Chambery with no baggage. I’ll wait for EasyJet to open theirs in a few weeks and make a decision then. I did vow never to fly to or from Chambery again but I might have to stomach it depending on the EasyJet prices.
ski holidays
Just been looking into a DIY trip, but flights from Manchester to Turin are really expensive - just over 2k for family of 4 (Feb half term week, check in bags included). Prices are same for EasyJet and Jet2, but TUI are a whopping £3600 including bags.

I’m new to all this and not got previous experience to compare to, but this seems like crazy prices! Are they likely to stay like this or come down at all? If not, it’s clearly much cheaper to go with a package.
latest report
From all the research I’ve done there’s no chance of reductions at peak times. We’re actually considering going a bit earlier and checking out Geneva for a few days as the hotel cost is the same as the difference in flight costs would be. Sure, you don’t end up any better off, but at least it’ll feel like we’re getting a bit more value?!
snow report
A few years ago after agreeing to do a half term trip with friends who had school age kids, the price of easyJet flights in to GVA were beyond silly so ended up flying in to CDG and driving to the Alps instead. Spent some of the price difference on a decent car with guaranteed winter tyres and then also had a Paris city break at the end of the holiday for a few days before the return flight.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy