Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alps 2025

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just booked accom in L2A for esrly Feb 2025 for myself (sketchy intermediate) and a group of 5 other school friends who are a mix of first timers or last did it when we were at school?

Has anyone been to L2A this year? Or any general reviews, we are all pushing late 20s so looking for something that isn’t to taxing and has a good apres/ nightlife with good snow…. L2A seemed to fit the bill!

Any feedback welcome, we haven’t done flights as waiting for EasyJet to open up for Grenoble- so If better options for beginners and nightlife please let me know!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I was there for a week at the end of January....I think it is ideal for real beginners as the beginners slopes are at the bottom and lots of level 2 at the first lift stop ..(diabalo) ..but its a very lively resort and can be very busy ..we tried to get a meal on the first (saturday) night and were lucky to get a place in a restaurant ..lots of supemarkets if you are self catering ..but not cheap.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@PRESSERS94, for what you want, I think L2A will be good resort.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the feedback…

Anymore is welcome!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Now I have found a great offer for Val Thorens if I book this week!

Would Val Thoren suite beginners and good apres for my group?

Thanks!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi Pressers94!

Of the places I've skied (and apres-skied) over the years:

Val Thorens is a great shout. The apres-ski bar under the chairlift in all the TikTok vids is the Folie Douce in VT. Plenty of beginner and intermediate skiing, plus if you've built up enough confidence you can ski over to Meribel valley from VT or Les Menuires. Reaching the 3rd of the 3 valleys (Courchevel) might be a turn too far but do-able. Can always cab or bus back to VT.

Val D'Isere/Tignes another good option. VDI is pricier but nicer, plenty of beginner slopes at the top of Solaise or Olympique lifts. You'll be better off downloading in the lifts back to the town though, the runs are tough and at the end of the day busy and skied out. So that's a consideration. VDI is home to a(nother) Folie Douce & Dick's Tea Bar. Tignes is more accessible via blue runs and offers cheaper accommodation but doesn't have the cachet of VDI.

Meribel & Courchevel 1650 in the 3V would also be good options but (slightly) more of an older crowd and a bit quieter than VT. IMO Courchevel valley has the best skiing in the 3V so that may bump it up in your thinking. Meribel is a good all-rounder - has an apres-bar called the Rond-Point which is fun and plenty of bars in town.

I'm a big fan of St Anton and Verbier but they're not very suitable for beginners, save for another trip.

Places I've not been that I hear would be worth considering: L2A, Alpe D'Huez, Ischgl, Mayrhofen.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks So much for the reviews.

I am tempted to change to VT however currently the prices for L2A are very good.

Per person its currently

Accom £160- AirBnb 3min walk from main L2A lift, Jandri
Flights with Bags £140
Transfers £200
Ski Pass £240
Ski Hire £100

Hard to argue with that price for a weeks skiing!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Les 2 Alpes is excellent value. I'm taking my family this Easter.
When you go next year the new 3S lift will have replaced the existing Jandri lift - that's a huge upgrade so will have skier flow up the mountain hugely.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy