Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone Up For Ski Touring In Tromso In Late April 2024?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Mrs B and I have booked a mountain guide for 3 days hotel-based ski touring from Tuesday 23 April to Thursday 25 April 2024, in The Arctic Circle, Norway Very Happy . The starting/meeting point for the tour will be Tromso and we will be based in a hotel in the city centre for the duration of the trip, travelling by car to ski each day.

As we are sociable types we are inviting others to join us on the trip and both couples and single travellers would be welcome.

Are there any other ski touring Snowheads out there who would like to join us and share the guiding cost of between £95 and £145 per person per day? Maximum group size would be six (plus guide) and the larger the group size the cheaper the daily cost will be. (£95 would be the daily per person cost for a group of 6, with the cost being £145 each per day if there are only 3 of us, plus the guide).

We are experienced ski tourers and are in our early 60s. We like to enjoy our days in the mountains, take in the overall experience and climb at a steady rate of about 300m an hour. In a day we intend to climb between 1000m and 1200m, enjoy the company, savour the mountains, take photos and enjoy a ski descent to sea level Very Happy .

We will be based in Tromso centre and the routes will be chosen by the guide, based on the above criteria of speed and overall ascent, plus, of course, snow conditions.

If you are interested in joining the trip, and are happy with our daily touring criteria, please let me know.

Please note that you would be required to book your own accommodation, plus travel to the meeting point. If the group size exceeds 3 you would also need to hire a car to travel to the skiing each day (as the guide will give the 2 of us, plus a 3rd group member, a lift each day in his car).

We are also planning a ski tour (unguided) to a summit on Friday 26 April. It will be a repeat of a guided trip we did last year and will be a gentle ascent, with no avalanche risk. I am happy to provide further information about that if you are interested.

Any questions - please let me know.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 27-03-24 15:23; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Re-posting the above in case anyone missed it earlier. A few photos of last year's trip (in mid May) are included below Very Happy .

snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy