Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Places to eat in Selva Wolkenstein

Poster: A snowHead
Hello all,

We are staying in a self catered apartment in Selva in a weeks time. Can people recommend some places in Selva for some filling/yummy/amazing evening meals? We also have some vegetarians so if there are any places that have decent veggie options that would also be great.

Also, we are getting the taxi in so will have to do our food shop in Selva. I am guessing there are limited supermarket options, however if there is a supermarket that stands out please let me know!

Thank you.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@turboblackbeard, the hotel Armin has a Grillstube that I believe is open to non-residents.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Supermarkets in St Christina (smaller, just down the road) are superb and so cheap compared to French mountain supermarkets. I think you’ll find the same in Selva and suspect there are lots of fantastic restaurants too.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Both super markets are excellent. One is under some shops across the road from the church in the very centre of the town. The other is two doors down the road from the Flora Hotel. Eat anywhere, it's all good. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There are a couple of Spar markets in Selva that are actually quite decent, but not particularly cheap (since Selva is the end of the road for deliveries). We like the one near the church and hockey rink. The other is down the hill a few hundred meters past the tourist office. There's also a butcher and a couple of bakeries. If you're staying up in the heights of Selva it could be a bit of an issue to get to them without a car. Maybe take a look at the local bus schedule and do one big shop? (or, walk down and take a taxi back with bags?)

Speaking of the hockey rink, the pizzeria inside is actually quite good, either to eat in or takeout.

The restaurants in the town of Selva are not that great. I found the expensive ones, especially inside hotels, stuffy and the cheaper ones bad. The baitas/refuges on the mountain are infinitely better.

Our strategy was always to eat big lunches on the slopes, then cook simple meals in our apartment. The Spars both have fresh pasta as well as a good selection of produce, surprisingly.

We were last there in 2022 so can't say exactly if anything has changed.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Pasigal, I agree. Quite remarkable that the best places to eat are up the mountain.

That said, Cieste di Val, Steak Stube in Linder Hotel, Sun Valley pizzeria, Freina and Speckkeller are all good places to eat.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thank you for the information everyone Smile
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I can recommend the Costabella Pizzaria. We went three times in a week for late lunch. They do other food as well, service and prices were very reasonable. Mind you we went to Courchevel in Jan so everything in Selva was reasonable compared!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
sean1967 wrote:
@Pasigal, I agree. Quite remarkable that the best places to eat are up the mountain.

That said, Cieste di Val, Steak Stube in Linder Hotel, Sun Valley pizzeria, Freina and Speckkeller are all good places to eat.

I thought there'd be better places in town, or at least something more, I dunno, Italian. Like the kinds of trattorias you find in Milan where you can get fresh pasta for a reasonable price and good wine. But, no. I guess a lot of people eat at their hotels and can't be bothered to go out every night for a typical Italian multicourse meal. Or, my theory--lunch is just much more important, so you eat on the slopes and enjoy the sunshine and views. At least that's what we did.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Pizzeria Sal Fëur near the nursery slopes is great - huge tasty pizzas!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Pasigal wrote:
I thought there'd be better places in town, or at least something more, I dunno, Italian. Like the kinds of trattorias you find in Milan…

You weren’t in Italy: you were in Südtirol!! NehNeh
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Scrunch77 wrote:
Pasigal wrote:
I thought there'd be better places in town, or at least something more, I dunno, Italian. Like the kinds of trattorias you find in Milan…

As I have been told many times !!! Toofy Grin Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
melbouch wrote:
I can recommend the Costabella Pizzaria. We went three times in a week for late lunch. They do other food as well, service and prices were very reasonable. Mind you we went to Courchevel in Jan so everything in Selva was reasonable compared!

Is that the one that used to be called 'La Bula' ? - next to the bus stop and looks to be part of the Hotel Stella

===edit==

In answer to my self -- probably not ; suspect this one is the other side of the Hotel Stella !!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
albob wrote:
melbouch wrote:

Is that the one that used to be called 'La Bula' ? - next to the bus stop and looks to be part of the Hotel Stella

===edit==

In answer to my self -- probably not ; suspect this one is the other side of the Hotel Stella !!

It is indeed that one, just down the road a bit.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@melbouch, Thanks Very Happy

I was thinking maybe the La Bula had reopened (suspect it has have been absorbed into the re-vamped Stella, never to be seen again ..)
snow report
La Bula is definitely open, we just happened upon Costabella on a quick 'pizza near me' Google search before braving the track down from Dantercepies - needed a drink after that!. La Bula does look like it's a part of the Stella which is unfortunately way above our budget!
snow conditions
@melbouch, I have stayed in the Stella twice (look out of the bedroom window to check the size of the Costabella queue !!) -- since the revamp, it is now also way outside my budget !!
snow report
I bit more St Christina, but we gad a magnificent experience at https://www.paratoni.com/en/welcome.

Agro Turismo, nearly all veggie stuff, but really special. A bit of a pain to get to
snow conditions
Scrunch77 wrote:
Pasigal wrote:

Oh yeah, learned that the first time we went. I had thought there might be more Italian than German influences. It's a fascinating area either way, especially the Ladin culture. The "native" food reflects the subsistence farming heritage.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy