Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Stupid knee injury

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I managed to injure my knee last week. My nine year old daughter was waiting for me near a lift. She was side on so I skied to her pretending to do the splits so my skis went either end of hers and give her a hug. Unfortunately I ended up doing more than a splits than I intended, fell as I got to her, one ski went one way, the other the opposite direction causing severe pain to the side of my knee. It wasn’t too bad for the rest of the day but painful at night. The next day I had a bit of a limp but after half an hour of skiing it was fine. It seems better when moved and seizes up when not used. It only really hurts when I kneel down. I’m assuming it will just recover on its own but if not just wondered who is the best person to see. A physio maybe?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stupid? i twisted my knee walking to the car.
There was a time (2015 i think) i was boarding with alpine boots. The snoboard alpine boots have the heels realy curvy (not as ski boots) and i twisted my knee falling down as i slepped over some icy patches..Hochfügen in Zillertal
Immediately i felt a strain in the outside are of the knee, followed with severe pain.
Next day the knee was bruised
Went to Sportclinic zillertal, and thankfuly was nothing special and the doc said "if you can manage with the pain, you can keep boarding"

and as a jerk of the year, happened a couple of years later once again, this time with normal snowboard boots
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@IainMcT, it it feels stable I wouldn't do anything specific. Instability could mean something is torn but from what you say doesn't sound like it.

If it just hurts sometimes/seizes up when idle then that doesn't an issue.

Are you reasonably active? How old are you?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I’m 53 and walk the dogs everyday. A bit of cycling and I have two young children. Not the athlete I was. I’ve only done the splits once and that was trying to throw a police inspector during a judo session and that was more painful than my ski accident. Equally unintended.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sounds like a strained MCL. Should sort itself out in a couple of weeks or so.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@IainMcT, if it is easing fairly readily you could see how it goes. Probably best start with physio.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@IainMcT, cycling and young children will be good for healing.

Martial arts has always seemed like a recipe for injuries to me Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy