Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Intensive skiing tuition

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi folks

After returning from a very enjoyable week in Tignes, I realise I'm stuck on an intermediate plateau. I'm comfortable on all blues & reds & blacks if the conditions are good. However I struggle on icey pistes or when vis is poor/flat light.
I'm looking for an intensive week of tuition. Fitness not an issue despite being 57 ! I've looked at the Warren Smith set up, any other recommendations would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance

Rick.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Inside Out Skiing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Rickster, I know a few Instructors at Warren Smith, and also spent a week with them for exam prep so I can definitely recommend them.
Other options could include Inside Out as mentioned and also Alpine Coaching (Pete Gillespie) who runs courses in Hintertux, and might even have space on their mid April course.

Also worth looking in to private lessons indoors depending where you're located.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Another vote for Inside Out
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thank you, all.
Inside out,look like just what I'm after.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I had a fantastic time with the skivolution guys at their Kaprun bootcamp last November (They do Courchevel too - more holiday focussed, less bootcamp)

But don't necessarily discount private lessons too. The week-long bootcamps are a load of fun and significant improvement is made. But doing the math, you can only get 1/8th of the instructor's time. When comparing that to to depth of the insight you can get on 1:1 private coaching with a really good coach (half/full day). They both can be considered really valuable in their own way. And both can be totally transformative to your skiing.

I'm hoping to be back at Bootcamp in December. But also pick up private lessons when I can.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks,
That's a very good point. Heading to Val Thorens next winter, so will check out the schools there.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
In view of Zak and Freddy doing so well in junior international competitions at the moment I feel perhaps we should also recommend their mum and dad, Phil Smith and Emma Carrick-Anderson at SnoWorks.

Personally I rate Phil as the best instructor I've ever skied with (on quite a number of occasions, as he was heavily involved in the Ski Club training courses, and I've taken courses with him on my own and with my wife a few times too) and one whose style and teaching methods I consciously try to emulate.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'd happily recommend Ali Smith at https://www.skidefinition.com/
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
As another alternative - Isn't this exactly what the PiPAU bash is supposed to be for...

As a general way to look at various options, you preferably want groups of 6 or less, with a well regarded instructor (even better if you can find an instructor you click with).
More than 6 and in my experience the groups get too big for the instructor to spend enough time looking at your skiing and working on what you specifically need vs arbitrary/generic drills.

(Also agree with above; don't discount shorter periods of private instruction - on last PSB had a 1hr private mostly spent on a drill I had been doing with instructors for decades... Or more accurately, doing slightly wrong for decades... yes, what I was doing will still have improved things, but doing it 'properly' would have probably improved things far more...)
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
qwerty360 wrote:

(Also agree with above; don't discount shorter periods of private instruction - on last PSB had a 1hr private mostly spent on a drill I had been doing with instructors for decades... Or more accurately, doing slightly wrong for decades... yes, what I was doing will still have improved things, but doing it 'properly' would have probably improved things far more...)

Tell us more... what drill?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Rickster, We are running out "Full On France" intensive coaching trip next month in Meribel. Click on my signature link for more info and if The Snow Centre in Hemel Hempstead is convenient for you we run group clinics there. £50 off your first clinic with us as a fellow SH Smile
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks.
I'll check out if I can get cover in work next month. Eh oh!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
qwerty360 wrote:
As another alternative - Isn't this exactly what the PiPAU bash is supposed to be for...

I've got to agree with this. PiPAU has transformed my skiing. Of course the more you improve, the more you're able to recognise the rest of your faults. It's a vicious circle!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy