Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

chasing powder

Poster: A snowHead
looking for ski buddies! any time there is a pow alert on wepowder.com could probably meet there and rip for a couple days. avy safety gear mandatory. guides we play by ear. please pm if interested.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Telling us where would be a good start! Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bergmeister wrote:

any time there is a pow alert on wepowder.com is what the poster said Laughing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@jnedic, assuming you mean the Europe area, I am interested.

I'll PM you.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Maybe ... but needs to be a week ... to justify travel from the UK. But can do at moments notice ....
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Gored wrote:
Bergmeister wrote:

any time there is a pow alert on wepowder.com is what the poster said Laughing

Which continent? Or are they all on standby to fly worldwide at a minute's notice? Puzzled
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I like this concept, does it work for a week though? Can you predict great conditions for a week? I have seen people eye up a week only to find it was heavy, or completely closed, or ... on the other hand have been very lucky when out on some occasions. (eg had an absolutely fantastic day on PIPAU, skiing untracked, light and good depth all day)
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
well that took way longer than i thought it would .. but it looks we are finally here!
all forecasts seem to agree alagna is getting snow on monday. looks like pow from wed!
pm me.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
is wepowder reliable? Waiting to see where to book for 7th March, praying for Italy so I can afford a beer and coffee a day Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Is that a good idea? If you're going to trust your life to a ski buddy then surely you'd want to know a bit about their competence, experience and temperament?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ok i’ll answer both Smile

wepowder. so-so…
so i check a few. wepowder. bergfex. snow-forecast. when they converge - you are usually money!

so i ended up doing an audible and came to alagna. as most of the snow fell on dufourspitze. the two (bigger) resorts that benefited the most probably are zermatt and alagna.

and i gotta say - tj is right .. the difference in prices is noticeable to switzerland! a 3 day car rental for £90 (yes with winter tyres) .. pretty sure this doesn’t get you a days worth at GVA!

but the snow is wet. there is plenty of it. and maybe above 3k it’s crispy.. but the italians didn’t open the top lift yet. maybe tomorrow Eh oh!

the swiss opened everything. i guess you always get what you pay for Eh oh!Eh oh!

more importantly. all the forecasts seem to predict a massive dump on sunday.. again the same area! and then - nice and sunny on monday. but if this snow drops 50cm+ .. nothing will be open on monday in alagna Smile.. but if anyone wants to check out zermatt. i’d say mon/tue should be very nice above 2k - please let me know! apparently there is a train from milan to zermatt. cheap too.. nice!

ok now the safety concern. generally i go to places i’ve been multiple times before. and am not shy of changing my mind last minute. including if i decide you are mad after the red run warm up .. and yes.. you can tell a lot! .. i’m not going with you Smile .. and of course there is always an option of getting a guide. something that’s non negotiable if we go out a glacier for example.

long post. but hopefully it clarifies Smile
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
jnedic wrote:
.. and of course there is always an option of getting a guide. something that’s non negotiable if we go out a glacier for example.

Far be it from me to put you off skiing with a guide but if it’s dumped 1m of heavy snow and you are sticking to established routes you are highly unlikely to fall down a crevasse. Weak snow bridges are typically a problem in early season / low snow years.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Good powder here in the Pyrenees. I live by the Grand Tourmalet resort and have just had a great couple of days. Snow starting again now and due to be heavy overnight, maybe another 50cms. Easy to fly into Lourdes from Stansted
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
looks money today in zermatt on webcams (sadly not there)! alagna is all closed as predicted.
and before someone tells me off .. yes avy is at 4 .. yes i know what that means!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
jnedic wrote:
looks money today in zermatt on webcams (sadly not there)! alagna is all closed as predicted.
and before someone tells me off .. yes avy is at 4 .. yes i know what that means!

Jnedic,

I'm just back from Cervinia/Zermatt last week which was great.

I'm eyeing another trip if there's powder (alerts) about. To my eyes it looks like loads of snow between now & Easter Monday in Zermatt. It could be really good from 1st or 2nd April on for 5-7 day trip maybe?!

P.s. me , M 55, experienced skier, kit, loads of powder camp trips, etc. Will hike for pow
snow conditions
some snow coming .. anyone knows off the top resorts that are still open mon/tue next week?
snow conditions
Ischgl, plus they have their spring festival on!!
latest report
@jnedic, Argentiere & Val Thorens.
ski holidays
Engelberg Titlis is open and will be fab for freeriding. Another dump tonight…
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C55ydiNoHHW/?igsh=MTcxdjZxNGozaWt2eg==
ski holidays
half of it closed though, no? i guess you still get to do laub and steinberg... but the website says the jochstock side is already closed
snow conditions
We also thinking where to go end of next week from Geneva.
latest report
jnedic wrote:
half of it closed though, no? i guess you still get to do laub and steinberg...

In all the time I lived there I would never do Steinberg without a guide. Lots of crevasses, people die there every year (or so). Shame, looking at the map, even Jochpass is closed so no other way of accessing the Soultzli areas Sad

Yes to the Laub, no glaciated terrain there, no cliffs bordering it, but do check that they're still running the shuttle buses from Cafe Ritz back to Gerschnialp, otherwise a long walk out.

There's also a vast amount of off-piste on all sides all the way down from the Titlis glacier (including a nice drop or two off the side of the upper path) , via the Rotegg piste/itineraire (keeping hard left from it and dropping one of the open gullies above the Stand lift station). I note however that all that area is marked as closed, so you need to be sure and confident about the snow cover if you go that way.

From there are multiple interesting routes between Stand and Ridertitlis (including a cut half way down to drop into the Laub if you don't fancy the entry to the top part) and down to Truebsee, including a couple of drops into the skier's far right of the Grossi Sultzli, although with the Flyer chair closed you'll then need to walk back up a little bit to get to the Treubsee lift station.

So still a good day's worth of powder to be found. We're just off out the door in a minute or three to drive round to Pre la Joux, Chatel, where it should be great. It's sunny outside right now and the forecast has improved a bit since yesterday, so there might even be a bit of sunshine on the powder snowHead
latest report
I can see the half of the Engleberg is closed and its unlikely they open it, probably people who work on the chairs already sent home. Its not about amounts of snow left, its just number of people wanting to ski is dropping drastically after the easter.

Still Skyway and Cerivina will be open. Not to mention that majority austrian glaciers also open, and amount of snow there is amazing (back 2 weeks ago).
snow report
@ed48, Hintertux had significantly improved when I skied it on Friday vs the Sunday before, and with 67cm currently forecast between now and Friday and sunshine next weekend, it's shaping up for another great weekend!
ski holidays
ed48 wrote:
I can see the half of the Engleberg is closed and its unlikely they open it, probably people who work on the chairs already sent home. Its not about amounts of snow left, its just number of people wanting to ski is dropping drastically after the easter.

Still Skyway and Cerivina will be open. Not to mention that majority austrian glaciers also open, and amount of snow there is amazing (back 2 weeks ago).

If you're up for ski touring, Engelberg is great when the Jochstock side is closed but there's good snow still. Easy to hike up via the piste routes and lots of room for fresh tracks once up there.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy