Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Return to skiing after 35-years

Poster: A snowHead
rob@rar wrote:
Perhaps you just like the sound of your own voice?

Yeah, came to that conclusion a while back. Also I'm guessing has recently learnt the words centripetal and proprioception, so needs to use them as much as possible.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
GinaMae wrote:
...I know, that centripetal-force is also conservation of rotational-momentum...

In what universe?

Like many of your posts, it's just word salad.

The only reasonable explanation is you're just trolling.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
beester1976 wrote:
you just enjoy listening to yourself, but you are not listening.

How am I managing to respond to people with logical and reasoned posts directly on point to their points? Of course I am listening. I am a retired librarian. Listening was my job, and I am good at it.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
adithorp wrote:
GinaMae wrote:
...I know, that centripetal-force is also conservation of rotational-momentum...

In what universe?

This might be simple enough for you to understand:
"It’s among the most iconic imagery of any Winter Olympics: A figure skater goes into a slow spin with arms outstretched to the side. As she coils her arms to her chest or draws them together above her head, as so many skaters do to cap a performance, that rotation accelerates into a dizzying blur. But what exactly accounts for the transition from sleepy spin to whirling dervish?

'It turns out that the trick isn’t in the footwork, but in the physics,' said Gay, the Willa Cather Professor of physics and astronomy. 'She’s using a principle called conservation of angular momentum.”"
https://news.unl.edu/newsrooms/today/article/physics-of-olympian-feats-spinning-figure-skater/

It's Nebraska, and in a newspaper, so that is about as simple as the writer can bring it down to. Perhaps it is not so far over your head that with somebody else's help, you can make sense of it.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@GinaMae, you are AI and I claim my $5
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I've seen some shïte in my time on here, & believe me there's plenty but this completely takes the biscuit.

WTF are you on about?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
GinaMae wrote:
Perhaps it is not so far over your head that with somebody else's help, you can make sense of it.

How rude!

You are a librarian..I get that and what motivates you. A little professional respect for others, who have commented, who are expert in the field you are asking about wouldn't go amiss.

Your posts are convoluted, laborious and very hard to follow (and I'm not slow...Trust me).

You came here looking for advice/answers. You don't like what you are hearing. Why keep coming back?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
GinaMae wrote:
adithorp wrote:
GinaMae wrote:

In what universe?

This might be simple enough for you to understand:
"It’s among the most iconic imagery of any Winter Olympics: A figure skater goes into a slow spin with arms outstretched to the side. As she coils her arms to her chest or draws them together above her head, as so many skaters do to cap a performance, that rotation accelerates into a dizzying blur. But what exactly accounts for the transition from sleepy spin to whirling dervish?

'It turns out that the trick isn’t in the footwork, but in the physics,' said Gay, the Willa Cather Professor of physics and astronomy. 'She’s using a principle called conservation of angular momentum.”"
https://news.unl.edu/newsrooms/today/article/physics-of-olympian-feats-spinning-figure-skater/

It's Nebraska, and in a newspaper, so that is about as simple as the writer can bring it down to. Perhaps it is not so far over your head that with somebody else's help, you can make sense of it.

But conservation of angular momentum isn't and never has been the same as centripetal force.You don't understand physics any better than you understand skiing. Maybe you should have read some of those books in the library.

Definate trolling and I'm out.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
We are not in a library. I can return insult for insult here. I was replying to three insults:

"In what universe? Like many of your posts, it's just word salad. The only reasonable explanation is you're just trolling."
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@GinaMae, they weren't insults...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Conservation of rotational momentum is an aspect of centripetal-force. If you can find wikipedia, look it up.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
GinaMae wrote:
"The only reasonable explanation is you're just trolling."
I'd take it if I were you. The alternative is that you believe the BS you're spouting here.

It's fun when a newbie like this pops up. Helps pass the time until first lift tomorrow.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
holidayloverxx wrote:

I just looked it up, and you are right. Calling someone a troll is a high compliment, on South Park, among third-graders.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@rob@rar, Laughing
snow report
@GinaMae, aren't the kids in South Park are in fourth grade...so much for research
snow conditions
holidayloverxx wrote:
@rob@rar, Laughing
The good news is that its been snowing for a few days now. More fun tomorrow.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sun 7-01-24 23:30; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
During the first 58 episodes, the children were in the third grade. During the fourth season, they entered the fourth grade, where they have remained ever since.

Miracle of miracles, two people can disagree, and both be right.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sun 7-01-24 23:33; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays

http://youtube.com/v/qaH7exO9GzQ
this is the most entertaining thread for a while - rare to see rob getting quite so ratty. Laughing
latest report
GinaMae wrote:
holidayloverxx wrote:

I just looked it up, and you are right. Calling someone a troll is a high compliment, on South Park, among third-graders.

I love that you looked it up...librarian! I meant..as you will almost certainly figure...that they were true observations not insults. I didn't mention trolling. Are you struggling to keep up?. Fair effort but must do better

Keep it coming; the entertainment value is worth it.
latest report
pam w wrote:
... ratty. Laughing
No, this is fecking hilarious. Anyone who has ever taught a truculent student will be laughing hard right now.
snow report
rob@rar wrote:
holidayloverxx wrote:
@rob@rar, Laughing
The good news is that its been snowing for a few days now. More fun tomorrow.

Yep same in Flachau
snow report
GinaMae wrote:

Even with this you can't admit that you're wrong Laughing They're not in third grade, they used to be, which is the case for most fourth graders.
snow conditions
rob@rar wrote:
pam w wrote:
... ratty. Laughing
No, this is fecking hilarious. Anyone who has ever taught a truculent student will be laughing hard right now.

Kept me entertained on a lazy Sunday where I couldn't be bothered to move. Good work by the creator, AI or otherwise.
ski holidays
"just looked it up" was sarcasm.

You called me out for rudeness to Adi, who had called me a troll. I never said that you called me a troll.
ski holidays
SnoodyMcFlude wrote:
rob@rar wrote:
pam w wrote:
... ratty. Laughing

Kept me entertained on a lazy Sunday where I couldn't be bothered to move. Good work by the creator, AI or otherwise.

Couldn't be bothered to move, or couldn't be bothered to think?
latest report
@GinaMae, your sarcasm was a little subtle then. One shouldn't need to explain sarcasm.

I see what you mean re trolling...you were still rude.
snow report
SnoodyMcFlude wrote:
GinaMae wrote:

Even with this you can't admit that you're wrong Laughing They're not in third grade, they used to be, which is the case for most fourth graders.

OMG, you are so smart! You proved beyond any doubt that everything I say must be wrong, since I know so little about South Park.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@GinaMae, little from column A, little from column B, it is a Sunday after all.
ski holidays
holidayloverxx wrote:
@GinaMae, your sarcasm was a little subtle then. One shouldn't need to explain sarcasm.

GinaMae wrote:
OMG, you are so smart! You proved beyond any doubt that everything I say must be wrong, since I know so little about South Park.

Finally, they've taken on board some advice!!! Hallelujah, we can all rejoice
latest report
Yes, holiday. I was rude, on purpose, by design. I do not take insults passively. I'm from Detroit. We play The Dozens. You insult me, I insult you back.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dozens_(game)
latest report

http://youtube.com/v/3UBQFXQUqxE?si=fE3sb4L_-qFJCo6r

3.35 is the pertinent bit
snow report
@GinaMae, I said they weren't insults...you agreed....so your post makes no sense. No change there then.
snow conditions
@GinaMae, I can't see any relevance to The Dozens in this exchange. No-one is egging you on to insult
ski holidays
That said. You've started a game of The Dozens, and snowheads, being largely not African American, have fallen into the trap

Well played
latest report
Oooo, a new game. I know this one too:

http://youtube.com/v/rqXK0dMbkJs&pp=ygUNbGlrZSByYXNwdXRpbg%3D%3D
snow report
If this person is real, ie not AI or troll, her skiing is the least of her problems. I find it sad and not at all entertaining.
snow conditions
@Hurtle, It would be interesting to compare comments if the same OP was put on TGR, Realskiers or Pugski in the USA Wink
snow conditions
I can tell you on the dutch/belgian ski forum she would have already been banned.
snow conditions
skimottaret wrote:
@Hurtle, It would be interesting to compare comments if the same OP was put on TGR, Realskiers or Pugski in the USA Wink
Eaten alive. We are considerably more civilised and tolerant here, but if people like to keep digging there are limits to how far snowHeads will pretend to be helpful.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy