Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier 4 Vallées 2023/2024

Poster: A snowHead
@Soozm, the skiing between Verbier and La Tzoumaz is lovely, and not difficult terrain at all. If those slopes are open when you're planning on being there, they're great. But there's also plenty of other suitable areas for you level. The skiing in Lac des Vaux, as well as from Attelas down to Les Ruinettes will suit, and the runs over at La Chaux again would be great for you.

Verbier has a reputation for steep and difficult, but there's a lot of suitable stuff for intermediates to go at as well.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Soozm, Tignes/Courchevel would be an hour or mor elonger transfer vs Verbier, I was out in Verbier the week before Xmas last season, there are lots of lovely wide runs and if you venture a tiny bit away from the main area the runs were very empty!!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Looking pretty tasty prior to the weekend opening
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@kitenski, Looking for resorts with good transfers is what made me add Verbier - it's a very good point, thank you! The Austrian resorts have short transfers but infrequent flights compared to Geneva. It's nice to be spoiled for choice Smile
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Soozm, yeah if you can get to Innsbruck then the Austrian resorts are in striking distance! But given this early snow and Verbiers height it'd be on my shortlist for a 10th Dec trip!!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@BobinCH, just for the weekend I assume?

We are seriously thinking of coming the weekend after. I wonder if it will also be Friday-Sunday?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rungsp wrote:
@BobinCH, just for the weekend I assume?

We are seriously thinking of coming the weekend after. I wonder if it will also be Friday-Sunday?

Yes my understanding is November weekends will be Friday to Sunday. Full opening from Dec 2nd
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Soozm, that picture from the webcam that @BobinCH has posted is the run from Attelas down to Les Ruinettes. Big and wide, and never overly steep. Where there are some steeper areas, there are some runs that go off the sides that are less steep. I would be well suited to your needs, as is the runs over the other side of that ridge, which is the Lac des Vaux area.

It's known amongst Brits as the M25 I believe.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Time for me to have the excuse to post my photograph of the Verbier ski run down from Attelas, with the Ruinettes building the big one on th right, albeit what's visible is only the portion below the Carlsberg (about 1/3rd way down). You can see one of the 'by-pass' sections that are common in the 4 Vallées, taking you more easily past what is a much steeper red section than it loooks here.

At the bottom of the picture is the bifurcation that takes you either left (as viewed) back to Carrefour or right to Mayentzet or Médran.

latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
LaForet wrote:

Stunning snowHead
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Even more so when you consider it's taken from the Savoleyres station, and is hand-held, with a zoom lens, not a dedicated telephoto. The anti-shake motors on modern zooms do an amazing job.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@LaForet, lovely pic.

Also, some lovely bumps around Verbier, I find, when there's no freshies.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
under a new name wrote:
@LaForet, lovely pic.

Also, some lovely bumps around Verbier, I find, when there's no freshies.

The bumps straight down from the Chaux Express top station are a classic BASI/IASI training pitch for the L3/4 students.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@swskier, which are those? (I don't know the Verbs names so well).
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
under a new name wrote:
@swskier, which are those? (I don't know the Verbs names so well).

This pitch...

Screenshot-2023-11-07-at-18-44-07
snow report
@swskier, oh, very, yes. Delightful!
snow conditions
@LaForet, pretty sure it was that pic that made me decide I had to visit Verbier, first featuring on snowHead maybe two or three years ago?
snow report
@BobinCH, just booked for 17-19 weekend.
The lad is coming too.
See you there??
snow report
rungsp wrote:
@BobinCH, just booked for 17-19 weekend.
The lad is coming too.
See you there??

Mais bien sûre!

Hope he’s been on the squats - off piste is open for business!
snow report
They’ve been blasting the windblown dump from the weekend up at Mont Fort
snow report
@BobinCH, Shocked I heard a few thumps this morning as well, up Flégère I suspect.
latest report
@8611 Yes, I’ve posted it here before as you said. Along with this - Lac des Vaux is behind the front peak on the left, which is traversed by the Col des Mines in the triangle of shade below it on the left:

You can see a long zig-zag run on the left which comes down from Lac des Vaux and to the left as we view it, goes down the Vallon d’Arbi to La Tzoumaz. Or you can go straight on to the Col des Mines which is to the left of the array of horizontal snow barriers.

These two photos were taken roughly from this position on the Savoleyres Sector at the top of the 207 Tournelle lift.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 30-11-23 9:01; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
LaForet wrote:
@8611 Yes, I’ve posted it here before as you said. Along with this - Lac des Vaux is behind the front peak on the left, which is traversed by the Col des Mines in the triangle of shade below it on the left:

You can see a long zig-zag run on the left which comes down from Lac des Vax and to the left as we view it, goes down the Vallon d’Arbi to La Tzoumaz. Or you can go straight on to the Col des Mines which is to the left of the array of horizontal snow barriers.

Superb view of the myriad Attelas couloir options there and an interesting perspective of which lines see the fewest tracks…
snow report
Anyone go up today?
Thinking if going up tomorrow as it looks like Ruinettes will be open too, and not just Lac de Vaux.
snow report
Might go Sunday if the weather is ok, my son is *extremely* keen to try his new skis out Eh oh!
snow report
OuatteDePhoque wrote:
Anyone go up today?
Thinking if going up tomorrow as it looks like Ruinettes will be open too, and not just Lac de Vaux.

It will certainly be open down to Ruinettes as it was today. I Suspect we’ll be able to ski all the way to town without touching rocks. Looks like another 10-15cm overnight and then sun coming out from around 11am. I’ll be there with the family. Sunday it will snow all day and warm up so looks much less appetizing…
snow conditions
Fabulous first day. And snowing heavily this morning. More pics here https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=5194043#5194043

http://youtube.com/v/gtc2SC5-btc
ski holidays
Lovely pistes this morning, but quite crowded...lots of enthusiasm from.the locals for a bonus weekend of skiing.

Weather has closed in, snowing at the top but rainy lower down and I do NOT ski in the rain so sacking off early.

What a treat though to get a weekend in November!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Basically the same pattern today, but without the crowds.
Once the rain came the lure of the cricket became too much.

C'mon India!!
snow report
Back to pow after last weekends rain

http://youtube.com/v/J2IKzFYR4D4

Tomorrow sun is forecast which should make for a corker, before another big dump coming next week. Cracking November so far snowHead
snow conditions
@BobinCH, looks very nice snowHead
latest report
@BobinCH, or anyone else in the know…..
Any insight into when various sectors will (would normally) open up after the resort opens on the 2nd? Obviously snow dependent but am trying to recall from my seasons (a while back now!) while deciding on a potential trip 9-16th December.
I have a niggle that eg savoleyres and jumbo may not open, even if conditions allow, until closer to Xmas? Or do televerbier normally open everything they can and I’m just remembering years with worse snow?……
snow report
Lac de Vaux is underrated snowHead
snow conditions
@gilo, open = open when they say open ( weather permitting).
Not the full 4V though...the other resorts kick off at the end of that week.

It looks like a superb week to go, minimal crowds, all open, and judging as best we can from now the snow should be good...the coverage will be at any rate (I think...don't blame me though!!)
ski holidays
@gilo, it’s here https://verbier4vallees.ch/V4V-Website/Documents/Horaires-installations/HORAIRES_HIVER_FR.pdf

Savo, Jumbo and Mont Fort on 9th. 16th for Bruson and Mont Gelé. Agree with @rungsp, that currently it looks like it could be a cracking week to ski. The early season base is exceptional and cold temps forecast for next 2 weeks
snow conditions
@BobinCH, thanks! That’s precisely the document I’d been failing to find rolling eyes Looks more than enough to keep me entertained if the weather holds snowHead
snow report
What a day snowHead

http://youtube.com/v/zbr-cAWJRvg
snow report
@BobinCH,

Dreamy snowHead

Looks like Geraldine had a solid day too https://www.instagram.com/reel/C0HSqhLssxu/?igshid=ZDE1MWVjZGVmZQ==
snow conditions
Guernseyfreerider wrote:
@BobinCH,

Dreamy snowHead

Looks like Geraldine had a solid day too https://www.instagram.com/reel/C0HSqhLssxu/?igshid=ZDE1MWVjZGVmZQ==

Yep I guess she was first and made the trail that we followed. She is one tough woman! That’s round the other side in Bouquetin couloir. Would love to get there first one day… it’s quite narrow so after first 2 or 3 there’s no space left for freshies
latest report
I hope a slight diversion from weather chat is acceptable.

We're looking at staying in Les Collons in early March. Can anyone advise what the link runs to access the main skiing above Verbier are like? Are they interesting in their own right or just boring tracks to traverse along the mountain?

Any idea how long it'd take and whether there would be a chance to explore the Verbier side, or just enough time for a quick glance down at the village and then need to head back again?

I was also looking for something mostly north facing, but most of the pistes around Les Collons/Thyon seem to be east/west facing, albeit at reasonable height. Are they a possible snow risk for the first week in March?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy