Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Amadé 2023-24

Poster: A snowHead
I remember a suggestion of the month but not an exact date, however the snow space website is now showing 2nd October as the day the early online sales offers for lift passes will go live.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Lift pass purchased (320 euros in the early bird promotion) for January and loaded onto my Ski Amade Friends Card, apparently. As this is sat in a drawer in my kitchen I have to confess to being a little worried at the same time......
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@toyah807, I've done similar, I keep feeling like I should probably remove the friends card from my wallet and stop it hanging out with its other rfid friends.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@toyah807, Make sure you have the purchase confirmation with you on day 1. Then when the Red Light of Death comes on at the first turnstile, you won't have to go back to your digs! Eh oh!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Update on A10 Roadworks between Salzburg and Ski Amade.
Sorry folks but it looks like they're in for the Winter. Local Taxi Drivers are estimating 3-4 hours transfer time at Peak Times on changeover days Sat/Sun.
If you are planning to drive down, either find a route that approaches from East or West and avoids A10 and B159, or hit this section between 21.00 and 07.30.
If you're flying in to Salzburg, I recommend you take the Bus to Salzburg Hbf and then train to Bischofshofen, then get your taxi from there.
I'll update if we get more information.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@RedandWhiteFlachau, good tip. I will probably take the whole kitchen drawer with me, just to be safe! The update about roadworks is also very helpful, I think train will be the way forward.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks RWF, good to have local updates! So the road coming from Zell am See should be ok? I’m going to Bad Hofgastein and will be turning off at Lend so I’ll change my route and come from the west.
Just loaded up my Ski Amadé pass and it’s worked out not too bad compared to last year, I think due to a better exchange rate. I think it was about £20 more.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@japes1275, Zell to St Johann should be no busier than any normal changeover day.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks to @holidayloverxx for this link. Shared transfer options. Not used it myself so I'm interested in comments. https://www.airporttransfer-salzburgersportwelt.com/de/transfer.html
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@RedandWhiteFlachau, neutouristik took over Huber, my guests have used them ever since...nothing changed since Huber days. Cheap and reliable. Ony do shared in the winter
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
RedandWhiteFlachau wrote:
Update on A10 Roadworks between Salzburg and Ski Amade.
Sorry folks but it looks like they're in for the Winter. Local Taxi Drivers are estimating 3-4 hours transfer time at Peak Times on changeover days Sat/Sun.
If you are planning to drive down, either find a route that approaches from East or West and avoids A10 and B159, or hit this section between 21.00 and 07.30.
If you're flying in to Salzburg, I recommend you take the Bus to Salzburg Hbf and then train to Bischofshofen, then get your taxi from there.
I'll update if we get more information.

There is also now a much more regular 'stopping' service from Bischofshofen on to...

Eben (also good for taxi/bus to Flachau or Filzmoos)
Altenmarkt (also good for taxi/bus to Zauchensee)
Radstadt (also good for taxi/bus to Obertauern)
Pichl (good for any accommodation near Reiteralm/Pichl)
Schladming (also good for taxi/bus to Ramsau)
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
With the arrival of snow (and emails with discount codes) I am starting to look at ski rental (and service for the others in my group) at Achterjet in Flachau. On my last visit I hired from the skiset shop 'under' Hotel Montanara. This has just popped up again in a skiset offer email and I have looked at the websites of Sport Am Jet and Intersport; the only one I am slightly confused by is Sport im Ort.....their website says there is an Achterjet (as well as Space jet) branch with hire and ski depot but I can't find it on a map or on street view. Am I missing it or is it one and the same as skiset in the Hotel Montanara? Or is it the little hut in the car park? I want to sort hire quite early as I will be hiring for 6/7 and getting services for the other 4 or 5. Our hotel isn't far but I would also consider locker hire purely to be able to ditch skis immediately at the bottom of the slopes and head elsewhere.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@toyah807, I think its the little hut in the car park, which is next to the Montanara - I can see Ski Set there on google maps
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@holidayloverxx, thanks. I had it in my head that the hut wasn't really big enough to be anything other than a place to show off a few bits of kit and direct people towards the 'proper' shop at Hotel Montanara. Perhaps I was hoping it has been converted to a depot with racking. I will try an email to sport im ort
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@toyah807, I'd recommend Sport am Jet, but then I work there. Very Happy
ski holidays
This might be a daft question, but we are skiing in Schladming over Christmas (23rd-30th) and will probably arrive on 23rd after the ski hire shops close (definitely if the traffic issues are still ongoing). With 24th being when Christmas is celebrated, will the hire shops be open in the morning? Assume restaurants on the mountain will also be, but guess booking for lunch likely to be recommended?
Thanks
latest report
@Lozza1uk, hire shops will be open. No harm in booking for lunch
snow report
Lovely, thanks. I assumed so but had a moment of panicking that I’d miss a day skiing!
snow conditions
@Lozza1uk, tourism innit
snow conditions
December 24th this year is also a Sunday.
Most, but not all ski hire places will be open till at least midday.
Most shops will be closed, including supermarkets, though some will be open am only.
Mountain restaurants will be open at lunchtime, though may close early and/or have limited menus.

Evening restaurants booking will be essential, many will already be booked out. And takeaways (pizzas etc.) will be very hit and miss.

For christmas day - most mountain restaurants will be open lunchtime. Most shops will be closed. If you're very lucky you may find a supermarket open half day.
ski holidays
@RedandWhiteFlachau, sorry for the delay, yes I did know that and it would be the closest for us but I just wanted to compare all the nearby shops for price, mainly. Sport im Ort talk about depot but it isn't clear if this is included. Your own website is much clearer in that respect
latest report
@RedandWhiteFlachau,

Hi, is the effect of the A10 roadworks likely to be as bad as you predicted many weeks ago?

We arrive in Salzburg by train on a mid December Saturday, normally a trusty taxi transfer would take us to Schladming. I’d rather stick to that to keep it simple with sizeable luggage, but would get another train to Bischofshofen if your predictions pan out.
ski holidays
@Snow&skifan, I think he is travelling at the moment so may not have info. I haven't seen anything in the local news...all gone quiet
latest report
holidayloverxx wrote:
@Snow&skifan, I think he is travelling at the moment so may not have info. I haven't seen anything in the local news...all gone quiet

Thanks, I may ring our taxi company friends tomorrow for the low-down.
latest report
@Snow&skifan, please post afterwards
snow conditions
@Snow&skifan, Back on Friday, I'll let you know.
snow report
@Snow&skifan, we have driven up/down a few times problem free, just takes a bit longer. Its restricted speed 60 to 80kph, single file in one skinny line in places. The problems occour as soon as there is a crash - there is nowhere to get around! Many lorries now take an alternative route too. It is quiet season at the mo though, so who knows!

Ange.
ski holidays
There is a new bus running, line 270, from the airport to Eben P +R. Taxis will then collect from Eben. The service is on Saturdays from mid Dec.

https://salzburg-verkehr.at/neue-verbindung-regionalbus-bringt-samstags-wintergaeste-vom-flughafen-in-den-pongau/

Ange.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@flangesax, only 6 times a day though so what...500 people a day max?
snow conditions
timetable

Salzburg Hauptbahnhof - Salzburg Airport - Eben P+R
Gültig von 16.12.2023 bis 13.04.2024 Samstag
Verkehrsbeschränkung
Hinweise

Salzburg Airport (Terminal)
Eben P+R

Eben P+R - Salzburg Airport
Gültig von 16.12.2023 bis 13.04.2024 Samstag
Verkehrsbeschränkung
Hinweise

Eben P+R ab
Salzburg Airport (Terminal)

ski holidays
Friday 24/11/23- Update. Still not good news on the Roadworks. As @flangesax has said, not too bad at the moment, an extra 20 mins each way if you're lucky. But, I've spoken to a couple of the Flachau Taxi Companies today and they say ther's a 90% chance they won't be operating Airport Shuttles this season. They still reckon it will take anything up to 3 hours to Ski Amade on transfer days so they won't make a profit on a 7 hour round trip. Interestingly, the Mayor of Flachau stated in a public meeting last week, that he's not concerned with the folks coming on week long trips as they will just absorb the delays. However, Snowspace is predicting a €300 million loss of "Day Trippers" revenue over the season as they will go elsewhere.
snow report
RedandWhiteFlachau wrote:
Friday 24/11/23- Update. Still not good news on the Roadworks. As @flangesax has said, not too bad at the moment, an extra 20 mins each way if you're lucky. But, I've spoken to a couple of the Flachau Taxi Companies today and they say ther's a 90% chance they won't be operating Airport Shuttles this season. They still reckon it will take anything up to 3 hours to Ski Amade on transfer days so they won't make a profit on a 7 hour round trip. Interestingly, the Mayor of Flachau stated in a public meeting last week, that he's not concerned with the folks coming on week long trips as they will just absorb the delays. However, Snowspace is predicting a €300 million loss of "Day Trippers" revenue over the season as they will go elsewhere.

Bad news, but many thanks to you for finding out. A single lane with roadworks would be an obvious bottleneck on Friday/Sat/Sun.

Forewarned early, I can still make our pre booked trip to Rohrmoos-Unteral work, as we arrive on a Saturday by train in Salzburg. I’ll now book further train tickets to Bischifhofen, get our taxi transfer from there.

Going home a bit more complicated, getting from Bischifhofen train station to Salzburg Airport.
latest report
We’ve had ski trips here on and off for the last 10 seasons, but have never seen this, so early Little Angel . We’re visiting again in mid-December.

https://www.planai.at/de/planai-aktuell/webcam
snow report
@flangesax, @holidayloverxx, thanks for the info regarding the new bus, might be perfect for us, even the one in my group on the 1010 Ryanair return to MAN. Am I reading it right that the bus will still use the motorway but be able to nip onto the hard shoulder to sneak past some of the queues if required? Do you know if tickets will be bookable in advance or just hope there is space when it arrives at the airport? The webcams are looking glorious.
ski holidays
@toyah807, yes it can use the hard shoulder but it's not continuous. Don't know about booking

Also it starts at the hauptbahnhof....who knows how many people will get on there
ski holidays
@holidayloverxx, thanks. I have just tried the OBB website and the bus is showing with a 'ticket not available' message. Hopefully that will change as the date approaches
ski holidays
@toyah807, There are two buses, the Neutouristik one that @holidayloverxx, has spoken about before or the "new" one from this link. https://salzburg-verkehr.at/neue-verbindung-regionalbus-bringt-samstags-wintergaeste-vom-flughafen-in-den-pongau/ that goes to Eben Park and Ride but directly from the Airport. The later is also not showing tickets for the ski special yet.
latest report
@RedandWhiteFlachau, the neutourustik is a shared transfer, sometimes a bus and sometimes a minibus which you book directly

Ange linked to the new 270 earlier, that's where I got the timetable i posted from...that's the one toyah807 is referring to
ski holidays
Clear now. As for the Special Bus lanes, they run either side of the entry points to the Roadworks. In otherwords, public transport can bypass the queue at the traffic control lights. If it works the journey could be as little as 80-90 mins.
snow conditions
On the ski front today was a powdery one. Awesome first ski of season in light fluffy powder in the trees at reiteralm. Still dumping this evening and planai is opening larchenkohlgelbahn chair tomorrow which connects with planai west gondel so no bus needed to access top. Going to be epic conditions tomorrow.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy