Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pond skim in Austria?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone know about pond skimming season closing events in Austria? Will be around Kaprun-Salzburg in april and would love some spring swimming, but it seems not to be a popular thing in the alps... Only info I found on the net is about Obertauern (special event in the past and no longer happening) and See (maybe still happening but far from where I will be).
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
boyanr wrote:
Anyone know about pond skimming season -- but it seems not to be a popular thing in the alps.

Maybe just not where you are.
Theres normally one every year in Plaine Dranse, also one I've been to in Switzerland in RiederAlp (Altesch) both in April.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I know a few resorts in France do one, but way too little for a mountain with a 1000+ resorts...
Anyway, hope some local in the salzburg area will read this and let me know of the secret spots Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wengen (OK, I know it's Switzerland) always has one on the Figeller slope in the centre of the village. Smile
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There's one at Muttereralm (by Innsbruck) this weekend: https://www.muttereralm.at/en/events/water-slide-contest-muttereralm/65-29882.html

Weather looks on point for it Wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We had one here in Morgins last year, a one-off event, although it wasn't perhaps as well publicised and attended as it might have been, possibly because it was at village level during normal piste-opening times. Not sure if they're going to repeat it this season.

Ah yes, they are indeed. April 1st. https://www.regiondentsdumidi.ch/en/737774-waterslide-in-morgins-40166/

Also never heard of "pond skimming"; am only assuming from the other replies that the OP means what I'd normally call a water-slide contest.

Edit: Sorry, didn't see Austria in the title...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
See does a bit

https://www.ischgl.com/de/Events/Top-Events/Watersurf-Contest-in-See_topevent_39852559
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
yes, pond skim and water slide, water surf is the same. Basically a party for season closure - a water pond , some kickers around it, music, lots of fun. It is a popular thing in the states, not so much in Europe.
http://youtube.com/v/Gzmrli2N_6M

And as it is usually not the big resorts , but smaller one with a strong local community that do those things though I will post here to see if anyone knows something Smile
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy