Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes les brevieres advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all.
We are thinking of booking a holiday the week before Christmas. 16th December in Tignes les brevieres.
Two families with 4 kids under 10. Kids are competent down blues and easy reds.
Wondering if les brevieres is suitable for us that early in the season.
What's it like getting in and out and across to the other side of Tignes?
Any advice on the area for families?
Will be driving so car parking also needed. I read that you now have to pay for this.
Many thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
From a skiing point of view I suspect it's fine. I've not stayed there but have stayed up in Les Boisses. My main concern at that time would be it is very low in a steep sided valley and at that time of the year could be very cold and sunless.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I wouldn't. We've been for the past 10 years to Le Lac for the 2 weeks before Christmas. In all that time the lifts in the Brev/Boisses sector have been the last to open, and often don't open till about a week before Christmas day. It's not just a lack of snow thing either - there seems to be a conscious decision not to open that sector. Given that next winter Christmas day is on the Monday, there is a real risk that the lifts won't start till Wednesday 20th or Thursday 21st.

If the lifts don't run then it's not the end of the world as you can still get the free bus up from and back to Les Boisses to/from Le Lac, but it's just more faff that you don't really need.

You need Chaudannes to be running in order to get back to Brev/Boisses from Le Lac. If Chaudannes isn't running then chances are Paquis wont be either, and if Paquis isn't then Lavechet can be a problem too.

So personally, I'd book somewhere in Le Lac or Val Claret if you're going before Christmas week.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the advice. Think it sounds sensible to keep to the main village areas that early in the season.
@Judwin, great to hear from someone who's been there for multiple seasons
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Boarderfarce, I've done 11 seasons in Tignes and @Judwin, is spot on. I would add that Brev is in shade for 23 hours a day in Dec. There is no shortage of accom in Lac or Val Claret that week, so don't add to the stress, whatever the Tour Ops promise. If its bad weather there is not a lot to entertain 10 year olds in Brev, at 2100 there is the Lagon, Cinema etc etc. And yes you have to pay for parking, there were a few free slots in Brev, but they were all outside. If you have a diesel, then outside parking is a bad idea.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@chocksaway, thanks for the advice.
Guess we'll look for those. I've stayed in val claret years ago and it was great.

Can anyone recommend a good catered chalet for 8? Or a half board hotel with a swimming pool?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy