Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Italian resort with LOTS if cruisey blues????

Poster: A snowHead
Just back from Passo. Good time, the beginners need more variety next time as they are now pretty good “beginners”. What resorts in Italy are they with lots of long cruisey blues? Ideally mostly blues, not fussed about black runs at all Eh oh! Eh oh!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've been surprised by the length and variety of the blues in Madonna di Campiglio, and a lot of the reds aren't that hard either. Certainly much more interesting than Passo Tonale, where I was a month ago.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I actually wanted to head there for a day last week but it was busy in Passo and I thought Madonna might be V busy!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
all of them really, but Sella Ronda resorts, esp. Alta Badia
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sauze d'Oulx has a good piste scope with plenty of blue in good variety of terrain, linked closely to Sestriere easily for even more. Good food too.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
The Dolomites, particularly around San Cassiano or Corvara. San Cassiano is probably the best place for the beginners but Corvara has access to the same slopes and is on the Sella Ronda so has greater scope for the rest of the group to do more exploring (and there is a lot of exploring and interesting things to do there).
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sauze has very few blues! One going down into the bowl (Boulevard, IIRC) and a couple of other short ones, but that's it. (There's the one coming back from Fraiteve of course, but that's a horrendous run that should be avoided at all costs!)

The reds are very manageable though - I'd say they're nice cruisey runs, some of which would certainly be marked blue on a French piste map, but are marked red on the actual map.

It sounds like it would be the perfect place for your group, as it's very skiable for people with only a couple/few weeks on skis. And the food etc is fab... But if you were to look at the map, you wouldn't see many blues - don't let that put you off!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
BoardieK wrote:
I've been surprised by the length and variety of the blues in Madonna di Campiglio, and a lot of the reds aren't that hard either. Certainly much more interesting than Passo Tonale, where I was a month ago.

Totally agree. Plus, given the quality of the piste bashing, the majority of the reds really are fine.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Alta Badia in the Dolomites - Corvara/La Villa/San Cassiano
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Another vote for Madonna and Sella Ronda, plus the scenery is outstanding.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm in Pila at the moment and would say that many of the reds - wide and well-groomed are better than some blues which are more like tracks, quite narrow and full of snow-ploughing beginners. Some of the reds here today were not groomed after overnight snow and I avoided them....but they were well signposted.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Madonna and San Vigilio (Kronplatz) for me
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Cervinia.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
another vote for Madonna
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Clairey1975 wrote:
Just back from Passo. Good time, the beginners need more variety next time as they are now pretty good “beginners”. What resorts in Italy are they with lots of long cruisey blues? Ideally mostly blues, not fussed about black runs at all Eh oh! Eh oh!

Most definitely Covara on Sella Ronda. Loads of them. Lots are quite short but there are a number of longer ones plus a few quite easy reds.

Then of course you have the rest of the SR

Currently in Selva at the moment.
snow report
Madonna, is very good, because it suits the blues fans, and there are a few decent blacks for those wanting fun. lots of lovely places for pit stops, and a nice village.
ski holidays
Cervinia. High so even though south facing its decent snow later on.
snow report
Havent been to the western italian areas but San Vigilio was good (Kronplatz) and the Corvara area and Sella Ronda too. I have never seen scenery like the Sella Ronda - absolutely stunning. Food is good too
ski holidays
DaveD wrote:
Madonna and San Vigilio (Kronplatz) for me

San Vigilio is good. Packages / hotels tend to be expensive and higher quality than average.
DIY trip and self catering (with at least 50% eating out) tends to be our favoured option but it can be a pain to get there unless you have flights to Innsbruck (not many cheap flights to Innsbruck from the North)
snow conditions
I agree about getting there. I was lucky, got reasonable flight with jet2 Edinburgh to Innsbruck and got picked up by a mate who was joining me from Munich. I struggled to see decent transfer options. We stayed at hotel majerei, good value for money, short bud to lifts. Crystal have the majerei and you might be lucky with a deal.
Owners were very nice and food great
latest report
@busby, we fly to Munich Milan or Verona and hire a car. It works well for us and gives options of travelling to other areas.
Quality of self catering accommodation is high. Eating out is comparatively inexpensive
ski holidays
Good shout. I travelling alone initially so the car hire was a bit pricey from Innsbruck. Munich was much more reasonable. Haven’t tried those other airports. Eh oh! Eh oh!
snow conditions
But having the car would be ideal as corvara etc about half an hour and was a great alternative on a couple of days
ski holidays
busby wrote:
Good shout. I travelling alone initially so the car hire was a bit pricey from Innsbruck. Munich was much more reasonable. Haven’t tried those other airports. Eh oh! Eh oh!

Found taxi cheaper from Innsbruck than a hire car. Bear in mind hire car will probably add a cross border charge of €25 typically for Italy plus our taxi went through 3 toll booths to get to Selva from Innsbruck.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy