Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Summer Skiing/Snowboarding

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've had a look through the forums and I didnt see a topic on this - please forgive me and point me to it if there is one.

Thinking about a week on a glacier this summer 2024
Something like 3hrs or so in the morning then perhaps hiking or an outdoor pool in the afternoon
A very mellow week with a little bit of everything
L2A looks like it ticks the boxes for this and apartments seem very reasonably priced for the first week in June

Does anybody have any experience of this type of holiday or thoughts on how to get the best out of a couple of hours on snow and a nice afternoon?
Or indeed, the best place and time to go

Thanks for you help
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hmm. There are loads of posts on summer/glacier skiing. I've written a few myself. Do an "advanced search" and you should find something. However, the last few years have, I think, seen rather dismal conditions on shrinking glaciers. Sad I'd say summer glacier skiing is only worthwhile if you are having some intensive instruction. The queues for the few lifts (generally T bars) can be substantial and very shovey - lots of race training kids, proper sharp elbowed little brats. Then you see them in the valley in the afternoon in their summer frocks looking like sweet little darlings.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@pam w, Thank you Pam - I will do a search on your name and see what I can find - you dont paint a lovely picture though!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
FYI: https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=168784
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've done a short break to the Stubai Glacier in early June.

Loved it and would certainly do it again.

Great weather
Great views
3-4 hrs of very enjoyable turns on well maintained, quiet slopes
Afternoon to chill and sightsee
Stayed in Neustift on a stay & ski package which was extremely good value for money
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Early May I usually catch the end of the season in Austria. June I'll be in Iceland, but you need a helicopter unless you like walking up stuff. August... somewhere in the other hemisphere. There are old threads here, but European (and Canadian) glaciers get old fast in the summer (even before recent global warming...) and a week sounds like a long time to spend there. I'd work up a holiday (maybe in the Alps or Norway) doing something else, then if a morning opportunity arises, take it... but I'd not plan an entire holiday around that activity. And I'm quite keen.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Make sure it has enuf ice and snow to stay open in summer.

The L2A glacier has all but melted away, due to global boiling.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Glaciers should all close in the summer tbh no snowsports until winter again.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy