Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Clusaz 2022-23

Poster: A snowHead
Yep should be good for the test. I’m in Cham now and have had 3 great days in the powder, driving across on Saturday for the test.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
all looking good based on the forecast and the webcams, i get in Saturday evening, looking forward to some mountain time
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@CEM, enjoy your time on the snow! Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Anyone know why the lift linking La Clusaz to Manigod/Croix Fry isn’t running? All runs over there appear to be open
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It sounds odd. Maybe they're having another bust up over the sharing of the ski pass income.

I did notice the La Clusaz website no longer shows the status of any of the slopes or lifts in the Manigod / Croix Fry area.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@PG1972, which one? Beauregard & Transval show as open

https://en.laclusaz.com/live-opening-lifts.html
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@kitenski, It’s the ‘Croix Fry’ lift. Links Beauregard to Manigod. Drove up to check this morning and it’s definitely not running as everything still covered with snow. Asked in a Ski Pass Caise and they said ‘ouvert’!?? Seems very odd
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@olderscot, yes I remember a time when the areas weren’t linked on the same pass. There was no mention of it when we bought our passes and we’re over in Croix Fry/Merdassier this morning and they work fine.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@PG1972, ah I see that's a bit annoying but hopefully keeps the area a bit quieter and you can still get "into it" via other lifts I think?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski fell off my boot on that lift a few years ago
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@kitenski, yes access today via L’etale was available. I had a novice with me which makes the Croix Fry lift an easier option from Beauregard. Late today it looked like the lift had been worked on ready for opening tomorrow.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Can confirm
Croix fry was running today
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Something for the ski testers to try once they've finished testing...
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CnzoDVSo-J1/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quick question. We’re here for long weekend/4days of skiing. It’s really hard to work out the pass options - La clusaz only or the extended pass and if the latter how close is the extra skiing? Not at lift pass office yet and so only have piste map to judge and hard to work out!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Yes, buy the whole Aravis ski area pass. Le Grand Bornand is only 10-15 minutes drive away and well worth a day or two.
snow conditions
I’d go for the aravis pass- for extra c.25 euros you can have a day at Le GB- buses every 30mins, take 15 mins , and are free!
ski holidays
Thanks that’s very helpful @Joy Zipper & @Pierresel Eh oh!
ski holidays
I’d say the opposite. You can get a pass for whichever resort you choose on the day. You’re unlikely to ski both in the same day anyway so why pay extra money to buy a pass that allows you to?

You can just decide on the day.. travel to LGB pop your lift pass card in the machine at the gondola and add a single day at cost. It’s easy and far cheaper than the extended pass.
snow conditions
Update just back from excellent day at Grand Bronand. 20min free bus from main bus park in La Clusaz to gondola access to GB. Definitely worth the extra €25 on 4 day pass. La Clusaz decent sized area but gives that extra bit of variety. Thanks for the heads up on that @Joy Zipper & @Pierresel. Eh oh!
latest report
Glad you enjoyed it- 4 days until we get there!
ski holidays
Likewise @Doccam, I’m not going to spend any time in La Clusaz this season but have spent many, many good times there. One of my favourite resorts.
snow conditions
Yeah I’m back to LGB next week. Here’s hoping it gets at least a dusting over the next week or so.

I wonder how the pistes holding up at the moment?
snow conditions
@Skeeezo, I skied LGB yesterday. Icy in patches, slushy in patches, but some decent enough snow (probably artificial?) on most runs and still lots of fun – we had a really great day with the sun shining. Even some remnants of powder still to be found in shady off-piste patches. Undoubtedly could do with some extra snow soon – if you just pretend it's late March, you'll have fun.
ski holidays
Skeeezo, I am also off to LGB end of this week for next week. The long range forecast looks worryingly warm really hope it isn't correct.
snow report
@bigsurfer Friggin tropical temps predicted! Yeah, you can blame me for that .. I was there there at Christmas too when it was 11 degrees and raining. I swear I'm cursed!

That said, we had fun and they managed to keep the main runs open through all of that when there was even less of a base, so I'm sure we will be OK next week. There is plenty of snow making available in LGB.. they will make certain it's decent for half term.
snow conditions
There’s a lot more runs open for us next week than at Xmas!
snow report
Oh yeah 100% Christmas was mad. The main runs were getting skinnier and skinnier with grass encroaching as each day passed. Up top, what looked like nice pow was in fact frozen solid & so was ruddy lethal.
ski holidays
How have the pistes been out there this half term with the warmth? Thinking of trying la clusaz next year but bit concerned to see some places looking so patchy.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Thinking of trying la clusaz next year but bit concerned to see some places looking so patchy.

Almost everywhere except the highest altitude places is patchy right now - as numerous reports around the Forum testify.
snow report
We were at LGB on Monday, anything below 1600 m was pretty slushy. That said the snow up high was pretty nice for most of the day. The Bois Joli red was closed which made getting back down a little trickier. Pretty solid crowds although once up high queues were not bad at all.
ski holidays
We were ar LGB last week and also Half term last year. Last year was probably the best week of snow I have had in the last 25 years. This year was obviously far too warm to be ideal but in general it survived remarkably well. The shady side of the mountain was the place to be which did make it busy but a couple of the runs maintained good snow all day despite temperatures above 10 deg C every day.
ski holidays
We were there at the same time- conditions in LGB much better than La Clusaz(Balme was the best sector, Etale the worst)- never seen as large queues in half term by the gondola- La Clusaz by contrast was quite quiet- we assumed most La Clusaz holidaymakers made their way over to LGB!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy