Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Milky Way - Via Latte 2022/2023

Poster: A snowHead
Snowing in Montgenèvre for about 11 hours now. Moderate enough moat of the day but there must be 30cms on our balcony and its still coming down.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Snowing in Montgenèvre for about 11 hours now. Moderate enough most of the day but there must be 30cms on our balcony and its still coming down.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks all, found a car hire from Turin for 160£ for the week
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
staying in Sestriere for 5 days. any way to get 5 day pass which includes 1 day in Montgenevre? I see an option for a 6 day via lattea pass with 2 days in MG and Claviere...

Any advice?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hello, does anyone know the latest you can ski in Sestrière? My son is out on a school trip in April and I was wondering about coming out to pick him up at the end and have a week skiing. But it would mean being able to ski up to the 13th of so of April. Does anyone know if that's likely, or am I being too optimistic?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Per the via lattea website, they close on 10th april (easter monday), which is quite common.

its been snowing stead away for past three days, any ne heading out later this week is going to have a super time.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
headed out on Saturday..
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
blueoak7 wrote:
thanks all, found a car hire from Turin for 160£ for the week

Don't know if that's cancellable, but you can save £100 if you book with Auto Europe for Keddy/Europcar, economy 5dr £55 per week and compact 5dr £65 per week at Turin airport from this weekend.

Opodo and Holiday Autos have similar, but Auto Europe was cheapest, check Skyscanner to see them all.

You will need some Excess Insurance, but I assume you'd need that for the previous deal too.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
blueoak7 wrote:
staying in Sestriere for 5 days. any way to get 5 day pass which includes 1 day in Montgenevre? I see an option for a 6 day via lattea pass with 2 days in MG and Claviere...

Any advice?

Been to Monti three weeks ago, had the 6-day pass, but never went over as that actually is something you want to do by car. Too many slow chairs involved (tbf we had a car, but I'm not too keen on driving if not necessary and snow was a little bit scarce over New Year anyways; probably would have done it, if we were to stay any longer). Monti is pretty nice though, landscape is absolutely stunning. You could get the 4-day pass in Sestriere and buy a day ticket for Monti on your last day. If you do so, make sure you don't miss out on the aigle chair, it's great. If you go from there to Italy you will pass by a lovely lonely hut down in the valley. Best place we've found for a stop.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Tristero wrote:
blueoak7 wrote:

Any advice?

Been to Monti three weeks ago, had the 6-day pass, but never went over as that actually is something you want to do by car. Too many slow chairs involved (tbf we had a car, but I'm not too keen on driving if not necessary and snow was a little bit scarce over New Year anyways; probably would have done it, if we were to stay any longer). Monti is pretty nice though, landscape is absolutely stunning. You could get the 4-day pass in Sestriere and buy a day ticket for Monti on your last day. If you do so, make sure you don't miss out on the aigle chair, it's great. If you go from there to Italy you will pass by a lovely lonely hut down in the valley. Best place we've found for a stop.

I posted this on another thread.
Quote:
We never ventured over to Claviere and Montgenevre as were only there on 4 day trips. One of our group did on a previous week out there, but it involves a 2 stage gondola download and 3 uncovered chairs up to Colle Bercia, which is about an hour of not skiing and then its a long way back to Sestriere, and he thought the intermediate skiing was better on the S,S,S side anyway. The way to do it from Sest would be a 30 minute cab ride to Claviere early doors ahead of lift opening, then ski around Clav and MontG in the morning before making your way back over Colle Bercia, ideally getting back into Italy for your lunch as its better value & quality!

if you were going to do these then you would need to buy to the international ticket for that day, rather than the Via Lattea one. You'd need to check with ticket office whether then is an upgrade for one day if you weren't doing it on the last day of your stay.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Update for anyone coming soon. I'm here now and every day is sunny and warm and the snow is still good on the pistes except a couple icy patches. Not much snow forecasted though.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
archors wrote:
Update for anyone coming soon. I'm here now and every day is sunny and warm and the snow is still good on the pistes except a couple icy patches. Not much snow forecasted though.

Looks like a little freshner on Sunday night (5th)
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Reading the main weather chat, am I correct that there’s nothing expected for several days? A topup would be nice before the holidays!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
https://www.myweather2.com/City-Town/Italy/Sestriere/14-Day-Forecast.aspx
Looks like a nice little top up overnight on Sunday. Keeping my fingers crossed.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks. Looks like a second top up is possible the weekend after too. Nice link. Here’s hoping!
ski holidays
A top up would be nice for sure, but the groomers have been pretty nice the last couple of days regardless. Some icy patches, and some gravel here and there, but quite nice skiing overall.
latest report
Hi all, did I see that we had a light dusting during the week? Landing Sunday so can’t resist asking….. Puzzled
snow conditions
Still no fresh snow, but pistes in surprisingly good condition, give the temp. Sauze better that sestriere & sansicaro, probably as they see less direct dunshine. Some lower runs shut.
Surprisingly quiet on slopes given its half term, not been here before but def give it consideration for next feb.
latest report
I’m here this week and agree. Snow base not deep but plenty enough and holding up well. Having a blast!!
snow report
How’s things holding up? We’re a group of snowboarders coming out to Sauze on Saturday. Hope it’s not just hard packed icy?????
ski holidays
Arriving Sunday for 4 days, have got everything crossed!
ski holidays
DougD wrote:
Arriving Sunday for 4 days, have got everything crossed!

so is the snow apparently... snowHead
snow report
Watch ‘Sauze online’ weekly YouTube update. Usually late evening Fridays.
ski holidays
Well it's been a pretty good few days in Sauzy and via lattea... About a foot of snow in the past few days, and it snowed most of last night (wed 1) and still snowing this am. Knee deep in the lee of Fraiteve, and in the usual forest pockets. Second 0830 start of the trip today! Photos on the SCGB Facebook page....
ski holidays
Looking pretty nice on webcam in via lattea and Montgenevre. We are bringing our van out next week and wondering about coming back (flew out in January) - ordinarily would go to NW alps but not sure the snow will arrive in time. How are conditions? It was a bit pebbly in places when we were there in Jan, notably over in Sestriere and also in the valley to connect back over from sansicario to Sauze. I want to use my new skis without putting some nibbles in the bases Smile
ski holidays
All the runs down from M Fraiteve to Sestriere are closed, although skiable, had to get the gondola. Looks like they have never been open, is this normal ? South facing slopes granted, but plenty of snow at present.
snow report
0836whimper wrote:
All the runs down from M Fraiteve to Sestriere are closed, although skiable, had to get the gondola. Looks like they have never been open, is this normal ? South facing slopes granted, but plenty of snow at present.

It was the case in January so I suspect never been open, given the base depth low down hasn't been great. When you say all the runs, its only one run down below the middle station into Sest. and a couple of runs above it. The top red into the middle station could save you a bit of time if cutting over from Round rock, but taking the gondola down is no real hardship, as the lower portions of that run get very cut up anyway. It also saves manning / stopping the gondola at the middle station by closing off the run above it.
snow conditions
Cheers
Tried three different routes now, all closed and no piste markers. People are riding them though.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Rode a couple of variations from Fraiteve down to Sestriere. One to the midstation, the other over the 'back' of the ridge and down to the Nouva Nube lift. Guide required! A bluebird day. Sunny this morning and forecast for the next few days, suspect will be very busy this weekend.
latest report
Pleasant today over in Sestriere and Sauze. Sestriere was actually better than it was in January, only found one run with notable pebbles. Will see how it is in Claviere and Montgenevre tomorrow (looks like a snowy day) and then might brave using my new skis. Probably a guarantee that I'll find a load of rocks. But today just spring snow feeling pleasant underfoot. An enjoyable day's skiing.

Conditions wise, sansicario suffering a bit from sun in places below rocce rotonda. Remains to be seen what the effect of the forecast snow/rain/snow cycle will be on the pistes there.
snow conditions
Sounds like forecasts adjusting for the area to a nice round of snow this week... seeing forecasts of anywhere for 50-60 cm for the week depending on the location.
snow report
It was snowing down to about 1700 earlier (not really settling except for above 2000 or so), now raining down in the valley at 1350. Will be interesting to see what we wake up to tomorrow! I think 50cm will be optimistic but maybe at altitude.
ski holidays
Montgenevre starts at, what, 1850? I'm hoping the forecast is more optimistic there since it starts at a higher base... would love to come out to some nice snow, not rain. Had a chance to get rained on in January at a resort in Washingston State... I was not pleased what it did to snow conditions but did note that my jacket dried quickly (sorry... had to find something positive)
snow report
Snow down to Montgenevre at 1850 but just a sprinkling - good above 2000m. Overall did not put down as much as forecast, maybe 5-7cm. Montgenevre skiing really well though, don't know how the rain at lower altitude affected sansicario which was probably the area that is struggling the most.
snow report
Montgenevre reporting 20 cm fresh snow overnight and today. More please.
ski holidays
Had a ski away day in Montgenevre today from Sauze d'Oulx, lovely skiing in a little fresh snow but visibility was not great. Got back to Sauze to find all the lifts had been shut as too windy for the top lifts and the bottom was too soft. Snowing now so fingers crossed for a good day tomorrow before we go home.

Just been told not all of the lifts were closed after all but the link over Fraiteve was closed.
ski holidays
Super heavy rain in the valley at 1350. Hope it's better up the hill, probably having a rest day today as we have another week skiing. Looks snowy in Montgenevre and above Sportinia but possibly quite heavy and wet...
ski holidays
It was very wet and heavy this morning up the mountain so we gave up, didn't want any last minute silly injuries. Mid afternoon Saturday and it is heavy rain in Sauze, the runs down to the bottom of Clotes and Sportinia will be suffering Sad
ski holidays
Very nice above 2000 or so in Claviere and Montgenevre today. Rain marks up to about 2200 but new snow has also fallen. Off piste is heavy but about 30cm of new snow.
latest report
Any snowHead s out there this week who can tell us about snow conditions across the area please?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy