Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pyrenees 22/23

Poster: A snowHead
There was a top up of snow last night and it’s snowing again tonight.

Went out this afternoon and it was excellent. Forecasting tomorrow to be the coldest day of winter so far.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yup, it's snowing lightly right down to the valley floor of the Hautes-Pyrénées where I am (almost in The Gers).
snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I was in the Pyrenees Orientales last week in the middle of the French school holidays and queues were an issue at the lower lifts but often with a bit of judicious planning (e.g. having lunch late, skiing during lunchtime, taking lifts slightly away from centre) were generally manageable- only time it got annoying was when 1 out of a pair of teleskis broke down and you had spells of double the queue for 1 lift
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Seems Cauterets got some nice snowfall https://www.instagram.com/reel/CpFTKpFIxPV/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

There was even snow in the hills behind Barcelona last night! https://twitter.com/alfons_pc/status/1630096595181002752
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Another few cm overnight it seems. Nothing major forecast for the foreseeable.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
BBC has a video that Barcelona got a rare snowfall.
Can't say that the video is particularly impressive, but still...
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Long term forecast now showing some action around March 8th… early March usually delivers in the Pyrenees, fingers crossed
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@mrvinegar, yes, that's looking promising. Although at the moment it's also saying that it could also be warm.

The Grandvalira website is reporting 25cm last night. Bit more than I thought. Disappointed to have missed out on skiing out there today.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
moosepig wrote:
@battlecat, welcome to snowHeads snowHead
Thank you snowHead

So I flew to Toulouse on Sunday night, drove to Baqueira and was met with a snow storm and -8 degrees at resort level 1,500m, just what Snow-forecast predicted. Woke up with a wonderful whiteout of the valley, total bluebird day. Best conditions of the year by far. Temps today are still at -8 with limited sun light so the snow is in excellent condition and should stay that way for the rest of the week, hopefully!

latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@battlecat, proper order, did you book last minute? How was the drive in those conditions?

In La Molina with the kids. Pistes nice and soft lower down, scrapier higher up.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
8611 wrote:
@battlecat, proper order, did you book last minute? How was the drive in those conditions?

In La Molina with the kids. Pistes nice and soft lower down, scrapier higher up.

It was snowing as low as 900 metres, thankfully my rental had winter tires so driving there was effortless. I booked last minute indeed, managed to find a cheap accommodation at the Val de Ruda complex for 4 nights.

Today was sunny until 15:30, temps are still way below zero and snow is nice and velvety. More snow forecasted next week

Enjoy La Molina! snowHead
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Super outing didn't think you'd get winter tyres down there
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Another few cm falling tonight higher up it seems.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Im a bit concerned about rain next week ! Supposed to go on Wednesday but some forecasts suggest rain then:(
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@mrvinegar, Freezing level around here seems to be around 1900m so hopefully that will fall as snow on the slopes.
ski holidays
Small snowfall forecast tomorrow night at around 1500m upwards, seems the rain will hold off until the weekend
latest report
Very enjoyable day today in Baqueira, best snow is over in the Beret sector , on piste conditions are really good despite the rain on Wednesday , off piste is a no go though
ski holidays
@mrvinegar, how long you there for? We have some rain followed by a decent amount of snow on Monday/Tuesday (national holiday here on Tuesday too snowHead ).
snow report
Amount of snow forecast for Monday/Tuesday has been downgraded annoyingly.
snow report
hammerite wrote:
@mrvinegar, how long you there for? We have some rain followed by a decent amount of snow on Monday/Tuesday (national holiday here on Tuesday too snowHead ).

We left today I’m afraid … was pretty busy today and the wind was blowing pretty strong up high , a few lifts closed
snow conditions
@mrvinegar, hope you had a good time.

I didn’t get out today. A colleague did and she commented that it was like trying to ski one big puddle whilst being rained on. Not only was it raining up there but it was warm. It was in ALV and it was 20c even though it was cloudy all day. I’ll get out tomorrow and hopefully it’ll be better.

World Cup Finals this week so we need it to cool a bit. I’m off to the downhill on Wednesday and then will try to watch the GS and slalom course side.
snow report
Sufficient snow coverage, but the going was quite slow on Wednesday (8Mar) in Grand Tourmalet - a good morning, but it rained from 3pm onwards. Unfortunately, the upper pistes in La Mongie were closed (4 Termes + Porteilh).

If there's a warm spell, the skiers will be walking down the piste, because it'll be 1km/h faster than skiing.
snow conditions
Getting ‘interesting’ out there. It was very warm from Wednesday until Monday. When I got out on Sunday the pistes were soft but still ok. Between the pistes there was lots of running water. The river is pretty high.

Today, was a bit different though. It was cold and the pistes were bulletproof for most of the day. There had been a huge amount of damage though even since Sunday. There’s no snow forecast for the near future and it’s not particularly cold but hopefully things won’t deteriorate too much more.
snow report
It is very very warm, slushy ski conditions. Adequate piste coverage but its not great by lunchtime. Many big puddles. Tomorrow is looking at being 10 degrees and not freezing over night tonight again. Yesterday was cooler with some light dustings but not enough to repair damage.

Feel sorry for all the work gone into the world cup prep Sad hope they get it away successfully.

Looks like temp is dropping again Saturday night and bringing some snow which is hopeful for people coming our next week.

Lovely weather if you like long sunny lunches Happy
ski holidays
formigueres closed already! yikes...
latest report
@kat.ryb, I was speaking to one of the organisers earlier (I went to the downhill today). They were really happy with Monday night’s rain* and yesterday’s freeze. It hardened up the piste just right for today and meant they didn’t need to water it. That said both races seemed to favour the early starters so the course must have cut up quite quickly (difficult to see on the big screen.

Tomorrow and Friday could be interesting as they’re forecast to be really warm again. It should cool a touch for the weekend though.

*it was a pretty heavy storm for an hour or so on Monday night. Lightning struck one of the piste patrol huts and burnt it down and also struck the Pla de les Pedres lift. I wondered why it wasn’t running yesterday.
snow conditions
Snow in Soldeu last night. Not much but welcome.
ski holidays
Quote:

*it was a pretty heavy storm for an hour or so on Monday night. Lightning struck one of the piste patrol huts and burnt it down and also struck the Pla de les Pedres lift. I wondered why it wasn’t running yesterday.

Woah didn't know the lightning had burnt down a ski hut and hit a lift! The lightning was one of the most impressive storms I've seen.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Things were getting pretty dire here. Thankfully, it seems there might be some snow at the weekend to save the Easter holidays for people heading out this way. It also means I can do some skiing too! I went out for a couple of hours on Friday and then decided for the first time ever to not bother at all last weekend.
snow conditions
Quote:

Things were getting pretty dire here. Thankfully, it seems there might be some snow at the weekend to save the Easter holidays for people heading out this way. It also means I can do some skiing too! I went out for a couple of hours on Friday and then decided for the first time ever to not bother at all last weekend.

@hammerite are you still out there/ live there?
My kid's school is due to go out to Grandvalira on Saturday and it's looking pretty patchy. Any intel from the resort on whether they are actually going to remain open till the 16th? TO is being rather vague.
latest report
I see Pal-Arinsal has closed early Shocked
snow conditions
@robertsnerys, sorry only just seen this.

Yes Pal-Arinsal has closed early. I went there about 10 days ago and they were really struggling for snow on some of the vital links.

I don’t really have any inside information as I don’t work in tourism. Jnr who has been here instructing isn’t told much either and he’s finished for the season anyway (planned!). I last skied on Saturday and although lots of runs are closed the snow was actually pretty good.

I have had some friend of a friend type info though… there is a strong possibility that they will close some sectors down and just have individual areas open - Pas, Arcalis and possibly Soldeu. This is fine for complete beginners but really quite limiting for anyone who isn’t as there isn’t any ability to travel around. It could mean that it gets quite busy in each area too. There’s a massive increase this week in the amount of U.K. registered buses out here so school trips seem to be the order of the day. Jnr seems to think that some uni groups are heading to Pas next week too.
snow conditions
Thank you, @hammerite. Good to hear the snow was OK on Saturday. I'll be disappointed for them if they only open a few limited areas - particularly as they are staying at the other end of the ski area, and about 40 minutes' drive from both Arcalis and PdlC. But I'm sure they will have an OK time as long as they can get some skiing in every day.
snow report
@robertsnerys, I’ve made it out to ski today. It’s actually ok. They’ve had snow cannons running which is surprising this late on and it’s been freezing overnight the last few days. A few connecting runs are patchy but everything open in Grau Roig and Pas is fine so I would be surprised if they close early.

Do you know where he’s staying?
snow conditions
Photo of Grau Roig.

ski holidays
Ah, that's good to know. Thanks so much. I've been fretting! They are in Encamp, so it was always going to be a long gondola to start the day.
latest report
Ahhh, lovely. Glad they've been running the cannons also. I worried they wouldn't as it wouldn't be economical.
latest report
It’s possible that they’ll not use the gondola at Encamp if it’s not great ant the top there (it’s exposed to the sun for a lot of the day) and use their coach somewhere else.
snow report
@robertsnerys, I was talking to an Encamp instructor about an hour ago. He’s expecting to work next week so I guess the Funicamp will be running unless he ends up instructing from another sector next week.
snow conditions
Great - thank you for the real-time updates Smile Brilliant. Enjoy your ski day.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy