Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

North America 2022/20223

Poster: A snowHead
Mammoth, California, finally closing for the season this weekend.

After 9 months, and 275 days of consecutive skiing, 75% of the entire year, from Nov 2022 to Aug 2023.

Reopens in Nov 2023.

https://www.powder.com/trending-news/mammoth-flex-august

snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Forecast is for up to a foot at higher elevations in the Cascades. Warm up coming this weekend. Good for building up the reservoirs for next years farming and ranching season.

latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Rumors that A-Basin will open next week.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Whitegold wrote:

A-Basin marketing dept. at work.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Someone already getting some very early season tracks. A bit dicey with the sharks in full view and some not so apparent. About a foot total at the higher elevations.

latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
It's warm out. More like summer. 82F in central Oregon. However, Halloween is right around the corner, and so is the forecast for some cooler air funneling down out of the Arctic.

Late Monday into Tuesday shows some potential for British Columbia to get some snow along with the Cascades and the Northern Rockies.

Ensembe-10-19-23
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Toadman wrote:
Whitegold wrote:

A-Basin marketing dept. at work.

Was due to open on Sun. But the hot snap has killed it.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Big change in the weather coming. British Columbia and Canadian Rockies in the bullseye for some decent accumulation as an Arctic cold front moves in later Monday night into Tuesday morning. Montana should see some decent snow as well as the Cascades in the PNW.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/23/weather/snow-winter-storm-northwest-rockies-plains-climate/index.html
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Snow farming. Just add fencing and grow your own snow.

http://youtube.com/v/Ug4aiuJV9zs
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Scotland has been snowfarming by fence for a halfcentury or more.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
….and the Pyrenees, Central massif, Val D’sere, La Plagne, parts of Austria, Finland, Iceland etc.
I think the difference at Sunshine and elsewhere in Canada, is that they remove the fences in the winter once they have caught the snow.

Until about 10 years ago the Lake District Ski Club had to remove their snow fences in the summer as a condition of Planning permission. That used to be really hard work together with putting them back up in November
snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Whitegold,

Expecting snow in the city today which means chaos - I've not even got round to putting my snow tires on yet!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Snowing in the Cascades. Might wake up to snow at the house tomorrow morning. It's going to be unseasonably cold. Going from low 70's to the mid 20's in just a weeks' time.

Whistler with about 5cm's at mid-mountain and more on the way.

Could see upwards of 2 feet in the North Cascades and Northern Rockies by Thursday.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
...and with a forecast for a hard El Nino year we'd better accumulate it quickly.

I hope you don't get much snow at your place, because mine (Sunriver) needs a storm door and I won't be down until Monday!
ski holidays
Scooter in Seattle wrote:
...and with a forecast for a hard El Nino year we'd better accumulate it quickly.

I hope you don't get much snow at your place, because mine (Sunriver) needs a storm door and I won't be down until Monday!

Light dusting at the house this morning. (4k feet) Nothing to worry about.

Bach-10-25-23

Also, Lake Louise looking nice and winterly with 29cm's the past few days.
snow report
Lake Louise lost its World Cup skiraces for the 2023-4 season.

It needs a good snow season, to soften the blow.

latest report
Lake Louise is scheduling to open on November 10th for anyone that is looking to get some early season lift served turns. I might be looking to find away up there for a long weekend if things line up with the work schedule.
snow report
If you go, stay on piste. It ain't pastureland up there. Speaking from experience Crying or Very sad
snow report
Colorado ski resorts getting snow today. A-Basin scheduled to open Oct. 29th.

https://www.arapahoebasin.com/

Lots of white on the webcams for Aspen/Snowmass, Crested Butte and Steamboat.

https://www.steamboat.com/the-mountain/live-cams
snow conditions
Maybe start a 2023-24?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy