Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier Bootfitter?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Not found much from searching, previous advice from a few years back was go to Sole in Chamonix, is that still the best advice or have any expert fitters set up in Verbier?

Cheers,

Greg
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think that BobinCH who's Verbier based goes to Steve at Sole.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kitenski wrote:
Not found much from searching, previous advice from a few years back was go to Sole in Chamonix, is that still the best advice or have any expert fitters set up in Verbier?

Cheers,

Greg

Zero-G’s fitted by a lady called Anja at Number 1 who is excellent. She used to work with Nick at Mountain Air who also has an excellent reputation. Ski Service, Extreme and Surefoot also have good boot fitters.

I have previously got Boots from Sole but would pick Anja if she had the boots I wanted.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@BobinCH, good to hear you got options. I could never understand why Verbier didn't have proper fitters (Surefoot, for a very long time, had a reputation for only really being sure of a hefty bill). I couldn't possibly comment these days.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
definitely Anja at Number 1
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
under a new name wrote:
@BobinCH, good to hear you got options. I could never understand why Verbier didn't have proper fitters (Surefoot, for a very long time, had a reputation for only really being sure of a hefty bill). I couldn't possibly comment these days.

Nick at Mountain Air has been there for a long time as far as I know and did some good work for me on some old liners. But when he tried to put me off Zero-G’s (that he didn’t sell) and recommended some Dalbello Lupos he’d fitted to my wife and friends with much narrower feet than mine I politely declined. Anja fitted the Zero-G’s which have been perfect.

And David? Roux at Philippe Roux fitted me in the Scarpa Aliens, including new footbeds and punching out forefoot, and certainly seemed to know what he was doing - they’ve also been great. I would have gone to Anja but number 1 doesn’t stock 1kg skimo boots.

They are the ones I have personal experience with. But suspect all the main shops have good fitters considering the amount of business they must do!

Anja also offered to fit me in boots that I bought online if she didn’t stock them and/or to source Intuition liners (they only stock Sidas) if I wanted them. Along with her boot fitting skill and patient, collaborative approach, it’s that kind of service which makes her my first recommendation. Sounds like @CEM knows her too which speaks for itself.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Anja...
Friends of mine had very positive experiences and outcomes.

As a certified member of the @CEM appreciation society I watched the boot fitting with Anja and saw her go through all the stuff that CEM would do.

Personally I think Nick at Mountain Air is misnamed...his first letter should be D...the way he talks to some of his customers is shocking, and he always, absolutely always, forces them to by a custom liner even if they are once a year low intermediate punters who would be fine in the stock liner.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@rungsp, +1 re Nick's customer attitude!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hey guys sneaking into that old thread. I will be on vacation in verbier vom 18. until 25. of february and thought this could be a perfect time for custom boots because I have constant problems.
So I heard all you guys recommend mountainair (Anja).
What I would like to know which price I should expect with a boot including a custom fit?
Thanks in advance
hekaria
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
hekaria wrote:
Hey guys sneaking into that old thread. I will be on vacation in verbier vom 18. until 25. of february and thought this could be a perfect time for custom boots because I have constant problems.
What I would like to know which price I should expect with a boot including a custom fit?
Thanks in advance
hekaria

I guess it will be Swiss RRP of boots (400 - 800chf) + footbed if you want one (60chf to 160chf)

Recommendation here is Number 1 (Anja) not Mountain Air (Nick) unless you want to pay for a custom liner (300chf) on top (which is probably not necessary)

You can call them on +41 27 771 66 67 to ask or just go I to the shop and speak to Anja or Christian. They are really nice people and all speak perfect English
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
My Son whom lived and worked in Verbier for 6 years spoke very highly of Anya.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
BobinCH wrote:
hekaria wrote:
Thanks in advance
hekaria

I guess it will be Swiss RRP of boots (400 - 800chf) + footbed if you want one (60chf to 160chf)

Recommendation here is Number 1 (Anja) not Mountain Air (Nick) unless you want to pay for a custom liner (300chf) on top (which is probably not necessary)

You can call them on +41 27 771 66 67 to ask or just go I to the shop and speak to Anja or Christian. They are really nice people and all speak perfect English

Thanks for the quick reply. What is the store called where Anya is working?
So the boot fitting is included in the price except for the soles? I had a bootfitting done in germany (Freiburg) but Instill have pain in the mid section of my foot (both sides) and also they gave me a boot with 90 flex which gives me not enough control over the skiers in my opinion.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
hekaria wrote:
BobinCH wrote:
hekaria wrote:
Thanks in advance
hekaria

So the boot fitting is included in the price except for the soles? I had a bootfitting done in germany (Freiburg) but Instill have pain in the mid section of my foot (both sides) and also they gave me a boot with 90 flex which gives me not enough control over the skiers in my opinion.

The shop is called “Number 1”. It’s right next to Medran - the main ski lift. Take your old boots with you. If they are salvageable Anja will try. If they aren’t she’ll recommend you some suitable boots and fit them for you
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
hekaria wrote:
BobinCH wrote:
hekaria wrote:
Thanks in advance
hekaria

This is the store:

http://www.no1sports.com/

Anja fixed my boots back in April on the recommendation of Colin and Solutions4Feet, and she did it free of charge!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thank you very much for your recommendation. I ll give them a call and report back when I hopefully got my perfect boots fitted.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy