Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes and Tignes-Val D'Isere (formerly Espace Killy) 2022/3. Useful links on Page 1

Poster: A snowHead
Quote:
I think that's what those of us are, who find the proliferation of pre in the modern world so offensive!

So I think you could be right! (To use more ridiculous modern-day parlance) Laughing
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Meanwhile, this morning in Tignes Very Happy

latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We needed four weeks parking so I booked three weeks and then booked a separate one week - Eur350+Eur117. I had to wait overnight from registering my card as the payment wouldn't go through, but it worked fine the following day. It was much easier when Tignes did it themselves, but it seems to have worked ok.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
lynnecha wrote:
We needed four weeks parking so I booked three weeks and then booked a separate one week - Eur350+Eur117. I had to wait overnight from registering my card as the payment wouldn't go through, but it worked fine the following day. It was much easier when Tignes did it themselves, but it seems to have worked ok.

yep, probably do the same, have 3 weeks booked, indigo seems a step back from the old system, it will be hilarious if we turn up and the car park is full!!! Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@chocksaway - just got the Proprietor Scheme email through. Can’t see what the discount is on the pass and the parking. Do you know what the discounts would be for 10 weeks occupancy (no letting)? Their email keeps the actual discounts schtum…
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Grinning, Yeah, its on the website but for 0-5 weeks owner occupancy its €800 for a season ski .pass and its about €200 off the parking depending on whether you give up a peak rate week. If you choose the next level then you get 40% off 10 Lagon passes.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A few snow cannons running in Val Claret this morning.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
And it looks like they've been test running the Lanches lift in VC this afternoon.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:
A few snow cannons running in Val Claret this morning
Never mind Val Claret - here's Les Brevieres today Very Happy Whoop whoop!

snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Early opening of the glacier has gone well then, closed due to strong winds.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@swskier, be nice when it opens though with fresh snow!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
swskier wrote:
Early opening of the glacier has gone well then, closed due to strong winds.

Plenty of people skinning up this morning though!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:
Early opening of the glacier has gone well then, closed due to strong winds

And Tignes hereby declares the winter 2022/23 season....drum roll....open!! Very Happy

snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@mountainaddict, are you there?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:
are you there?
Not yet kitenski. Overnight ferry from Newcastle to Amsterdam on Mon 21st; steady drive there on 22nd/23rd; hopefully skiing on Thu 24th Very Happy
ski holidays
mountainaddict wrote:
Quote:
are you there?
Not yet kitenski. Overnight ferry from Newcastle to Amsterdam on Mon 21st; steady drive there on 22nd/23rd; hopefully skiing on Thu 24th Very Happy

What’s the Newcastle to Amsterdam ferry like? We usually take the Hull to Rotterdam and love it. But Newcastle is closer for us to get to… so am curious to know what it is like.
snow report
It's a very similar set up. I think last check in might be a little later on DFDS though, something like 45 minutes but double check! Food is ok, maybe less evening entertainment. Similar standard of budget rooms.
snow conditions
Canuck wrote:
It's a very similar set up. I think last check in might be a little later on DFDS though, something like 45 minutes but double check! Food is ok, maybe less evening entertainment. Similar standard of budget rooms.

Ok, thank you, we’ll probs stick with the Hull one, I like the entertainment esp the live music in the sky bar, never had a bad meal in the restaurant (we always give the buffet an extremely wide swerve).
ski holidays
Quote:
What’s the Newcastle to Amsterdam ferry like?
It's our first time Extremophile. Will report back. Our last overnighter on a boat was a P&O cruise a few years ago - so we're expecting similar wink

We sail at 17.00. We'll be there in plenty of time as the plan is to watch the England World Cup game (13.00 KO) in a pub near the ferry terminal.

Quote:
We always give the buffet a wide swerve
Any particular reason for that? We've booked it! Shocked Always nice to have something to look forward to Laughing

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sun 20-11-22 11:42; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Random question maybe but why not called Espace Killy anymore?
latest report
Quote:
why not called Espace Killy anymore?
Think it's been covered somewhere on the thread Markymark29...Apparently it's because the youth of today have no idea who Monsieur Killy is rolling eyes He's irrelevant in 2022!

They'll probably end up renaming it after a non-celebrity from Isle D'Amour wink
snow conditions
Ah OK @mountainaddict, makes sense, its all about the yoof!
ski holidays
Flying from LGW to GVA on Friday lunchtime, will be on the Tignes slopes on Saturday morning. Can't wait!
ski holidays
mountainaddict wrote:
Quote:
What’s the Newcastle to Amsterdam ferry like?
It's our first time Extremophile. Will report back. Our last overnighter on a boat was a P&O cruise a few years ago - so we're expecting similar wink

We sail at 17.00. We'll be there in plenty of time as the plan is to watch the England World Cup game (13.00 KO) in a pub near the ferry terminal.

Quote:
We always give the buffet a wide swerve
Any particular reason for that? We've booked it! Shocked Always nice to have something to look forward to Laughing

1. The food is quite low quality.

2. The food is not particularly hot.

3. It’s really loud.

4. Tables are too close together so people always squeeze/push past you when you’re sitting down trying to eat.

5. Something about a buffet turns people in to animals.

The restaurant is well priced, particularly if you book your meal package when you buy your ferry ticket. the waiters are really nice, especially if you’re nice to them. I like being nice to fellow hospitality folk. Plus, the restaurant is a nice setting to eat your meal with tables spaced a good distance apart. Breakfast is also a winner too, eggs florentine is a real treat for me, Mr E says the full cooked is ok but bacon and sausages lack a bit of quality, we get the good stuff from the butchers at home - the difference is notable… obviously.

The above applies to the PnO from Hull, cannot speak for DFDS Newcastle having never done it… but the above cons usually apply to all buffets.

Some people like brawling at the buffet… I don’t
ski holidays
Markymark29 wrote:
Random question maybe but why not called Espace Killy anymore?

It is still called Espace Killy by most people. Keep calling it that & that is what it'll be known as. You CAN fight City Hall! wink
ski holidays
Quote:
3. It’s really loud.
4. Tables are too close together so people always squeeze/push past you when you’re sitting down trying to eat.
5. Something about a buffet turns people in to animals

Oo er... Shocked As I said earlier, it's always nice to have something to look forward to! Very Happy We shall fear the absolute worst - and make the best. It is the first day of a ski holiday after all Very Happy

And another thing: Are bags searched when getting on DFDS ferries? Can we really not carry a bottle of wine on board to imbibe in our cabin? They say not in their FAQs...
ski holidays
mountainaddict wrote:
Quote:
3. It’s really loud.
5. Something about a buffet turns people in to animals

Oo er... Shocked As I said earlier, it's always nice to have something to look forward to! Very Happy We shall fear the absolute worst - and make the best. It is the first day of a ski holiday after all Very Happy

And another thing: Are bags searched when getting on DFDS ferries? Can we really not carry a bottle of wine on board to imbibe in our cabin? They say not in their FAQs...

Never had my bags searched on PnO, occasionally get pulled for a security check of the car but once they open the boot and see how much stuff there is they usually just ask if we’re carrying anything sharp. They sweep the bottom of the car with their long mirror, only once or twice was there a sniffer dog. But in all the times we’ve sailed back and forth even getting checked at customs is rare… even post brexit.
snow conditions

http://youtube.com/v/TIrYzwNgFBE
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Completely by chance, also saw that last night, thanks @Kenzie! A nice little video. Let's hope conditions keep improving...

In parking news: @chocksaway, has alerted me once again to more changes: the Blondin open-air car park just above the heliport in Tignes 1800 remains free but reserved for folk living / working in Tignes for the season. Corresponding updates done to Page 1. I have to confess, I am struggling to keep up with it all, especially as I'm not actually there yet. My own application seems to be stuck in limbo (chased today). And overall I get the impression that the new parking management company are rather at sixes and sevens with it all.
ski holidays
The above video suggests nothing will be opening in Tignes until weekend 3/4 Dec. I cannot find support for that on the normal Tignes sites. Even on STGM. Can someone confirm?
I am out on Saturday 26th. I know not much will be open but????? Surely a few lifts will be running.
ski holidays
@bobski62, what is the website for the application for 1800 please? I was planning on parking there and didn't realise we needed to apply.
ski holidays
@Mark1863, looks like they're pisting Double M on the webcams today
latest report
@Canuck, If you mean for The London, then it's an e mail to the local police with proof that you are a resident of Tignes and have a work contract.

@Mark1863, I can't remember where I saw it but it said more slopes would open if conditions allowed
ski holidays
@chocksaway, does that include seasonaires or just permanent residents?
latest report
Mark1863 wrote:
The above video suggests nothing will be opening in Tignes until weekend 3/4 Dec. I cannot find support for that on the normal Tignes sites. Even on STGM. Can someone confirm?
I am out on Saturday 26th. I know not much will be open but????? Surely a few lifts will be running.

Tignes opened the glacier on Saturday. Val D'Isere has put its opening back a week to 3 Dec, so the links won't be open 'til then.
snow report
Thanks. No skiing since 6/1/22 - hip op in June - anything will do!!
snow conditions
@Canuck, Not sure the full missive is here

http://eye.sbc30.net/m2?r=wAXNBHSmMTI5NzAwxBDQjmzQoQFUJWhH0K83aNC8YNCx-dCrtkVmRFIxcVdnRTB1bEpRbGVjUWpra1G4bWNodWZmaW5ndG9uQGhvdG1haWwuY29toJC2ZGdhZkZodkF1VWFmLURDTGt5U2hPd6A=
ski holidays
@Canuck, It was posted on Facebook by the Mairie de Tignes.

80 free places at Blondin, overlooking the lake at 1800. First come, first served basis.

"These outdoor spaces are intended for people who live and work in Tignes".

Subject to authorisation. A parking disc (macaron) must be displayed.

Apply by email to policemunicipale@tignes.net from 9am Tues, Nov 22nd.

Attach a copy of your grey card. A home certificate and a copy of an employment contract in Tignes. A copy of your ID. Total attachments should not exceed 6mb.

Incomplete applications will be rejected.
latest report
And in other news ..... it's snowing. Hopefully the start of this week's mega-dump.
ski holidays
Snoworks tell me
Next week Tignes are planning:
Funicular Perce Neige
Telecabine Grande Motte
Lanche
Vanoise
Tichot
Gratalu

So they are running courses next week